[VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.8.1

clebertsuconic
I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.8.1 release.

This is a bug fix release. Basically addressing a JMS issue when
integrated with Wildfly:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-2339

This version will also include a few improvements and performance enhancements:

The JIRA release notes will show these details:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12345432

As well as the commit report:
http://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/commit-report-2.8.1

Source and binary distributions can be found here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis/2.8.1

The Maven repository is here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1190

In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo on examples:
http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/latest/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html

The source tag:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.8.1

I will update the website after the vote has passed.

[ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.4.0
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Here's my +1

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.8.1

tabish121@gmail.com
On 5/16/19 11:31 AM, Clebert Suconic wrote:

> I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.8.1 release.
>
> This is a bug fix release. Basically addressing a JMS issue when
> integrated with Wildfly:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-2339
>
> This version will also include a few improvements and performance enhancements:
>

> The JIRA release notes will show these details:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12345432
>
> As well as the commit report:
> http://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/commit-report-2.8.1
>

> Source and binary distributions can be found here:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis/2.8.1
>
> The Maven repository is here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1190
>
> In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo on examples:
> http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/latest/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html
>

> The source tag:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.8.1
>
> I will update the website after the vote has passed.
>

> [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.4.0
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>

> Here's my +1

+1

* Validated signatures and checksums
* Checked for license and notice files in all archives
* Validated license headers in source using 'mvn apache-rat:check -P
release,apache-release'
* Ran broker from binary archive and ran some Qpid JMS examples against it.
* Checked that web console works using binary broker run
* Built from source and ran all AMQP tests and a sampling of other
broker tests

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.8.1

christopher.l.shannon
+1

On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 2:24 PM Timothy Bish <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 5/16/19 11:31 AM, Clebert Suconic wrote:
> > I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.8.1 release.
> >
> > This is a bug fix release. Basically addressing a JMS issue when
> > integrated with Wildfly:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-2339
> >
> > This version will also include a few improvements and performance
> enhancements:
> >

> > The JIRA release notes will show these details:
> >
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12345432
> >
> > As well as the commit report:
> >
> http://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/commit-report-2.8.1
> >

> > Source and binary distributions can be found here:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis/2.8.1
> >
> > The Maven repository is here:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1190
> >
> > In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo on examples:
> >
> http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/latest/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html
> >

> > The source tag:
> >
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.8.1
> >
> > I will update the website after the vote has passed.
> >

> > [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.4.0
> > [ ] +0 no opinion
> > [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
> >

> > Here's my +1
> >

> +1
>
> * Validated signatures and checksums
> * Checked for license and notice files in all archives
> * Validated license headers in source using 'mvn apache-rat:check -P
> release,apache-release'
> * Ran broker from binary archive and ran some Qpid JMS examples against it.
> * Checked that web console works using binary broker run
> * Built from source and ran all AMQP tests and a sampling of other
> broker tests
>

> --
> Tim Bish

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.8.1

Emmanuel Hugonnet

+1 not binding

2.8.1 passed our integration tests in WildFly

Emmanuel

On 16/05/2019 17:31, Clebert Suconic wrote:

> I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.8.1 release.
>
> This is a bug fix release. Basically addressing a JMS issue when
> integrated with Wildfly:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-2339
>
> This version will also include a few improvements and performance enhancements:
>

> The JIRA release notes will show these details:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12345432
>
> As well as the commit report:
> http://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/commit-report-2.8.1
>

> Source and binary distributions can be found here:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis/2.8.1
>
> The Maven repository is here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1190
>
> In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo on examples:
> http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/latest/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html
>

> The source tag:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.8.1
>
> I will update the website after the vote has passed.
>

> [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.4.0
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>

> Here's my +1

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.8.1

nigro_franz
+1

Il ven 17 mag 2019, 09:12 Emmanuel Hugonnet <[hidden email]> ha
scritto:

> Hi,
>
> +1 not binding
>
> 2.8.1 passed our integration tests in WildFly
>
> Emmanuel
>
> On 16/05/2019 17:31, Clebert Suconic wrote:
> > I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.8.1 release.
> >
> > This is a bug fix release. Basically addressing a JMS issue when
> > integrated with Wildfly:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-2339
> >
> > This version will also include a few improvements and performance
> enhancements:
> >

> > The JIRA release notes will show these details:
> >
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12345432
> >
> > As well as the commit report:
> >
> http://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/commit-report-2.8.1
> >

> > Source and binary distributions can be found here:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis/2.8.1
> >
> > The Maven repository is here:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1190
> >
> > In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo on examples:
> >
> http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/latest/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html
> >

> > The source tag:
> >
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.8.1
> >
> > I will update the website after the vote has passed.
> >

> > [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.4.0
> > [ ] +0 no opinion
> > [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
> >

> > Here's my +1

[RESULT] [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.8.1

clebertsuconic
Vote passed with 5 Votes, 3 Binding, 2 non binding:

Binding:
Clebert Suconic
Timothy Bish
Christopher Shannon

Non Binding:
Emmanuel Hugonnet
Francesco nigro

Thank you to everyone who contributed and took the time to review the release.

I'll move forward with the getting the release out and updating the
relevant documentation and website.

Regards

On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 3:27 AM Francesco Nigro <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> Il ven 17 mag 2019, 09:12 Emmanuel Hugonnet <[hidden email]> ha
> scritto:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > +1 not binding
> >
> > 2.8.1 passed our integration tests in WildFly
> >
> > Emmanuel
> >
> > On 16/05/2019 17:31, Clebert Suconic wrote:
> > > I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.8.1 release.
> > >
> > > This is a bug fix release. Basically addressing a JMS issue when
> > > integrated with Wildfly:
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-2339
> > >
> > > This version will also include a few improvements and performance
> > enhancements:
> > >

> > > The JIRA release notes will show these details:
> > >
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12345432
> > >
> > > As well as the commit report:
> > >
> > http://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/commit-report-2.8.1
> > >

> > > Source and binary distributions can be found here:
> > > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis/2.8.1
> > >
> > > The Maven repository is here:
> > >
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1190
> > >
> > > In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo on examples:
> > >
> > http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/latest/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html
> > >

> > > The source tag:
> > >
> > https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.8.1
> > >
> > > I will update the website after the vote has passed.
> > >

> > > [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.4.0
> > > [ ] +0 no opinion
> > > [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
> > >

> > > Here's my +1

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.8.1

clebertsuconic
I won’t be able to send the release notice today for a personal reason.
Just a heads up.

The mirrors are already updated.  I will update the website and send the
news tomorrow.

On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 9:20 AM Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Vote passed with 5 Votes, 3 Binding, 2 non binding:
>
> Binding:
> Clebert Suconic
> Timothy Bish
> Christopher Shannon
>
> Non Binding:
> Emmanuel Hugonnet
> Francesco nigro
>
> Thank you to everyone who contributed and took the time to review the
> release.
>

> I'll move forward with the getting the release out and updating the
> relevant documentation and website.
>

> Regards
>

> On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 3:27 AM Francesco Nigro <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > +1
> >
> > Il ven 17 mag 2019, 09:12 Emmanuel Hugonnet <[hidden email]> ha
> > scritto:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > +1 not binding
> > >
> > > 2.8.1 passed our integration tests in WildFly

> > > enhancements:

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12345432

> http://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/commit-report-2.8.1

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis/2.8.1

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1190

> http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/latest/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.8.1

> --
> Clebert Suconic

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.8.1

Robbie Gemmell
When updating the site...the past releases page content is busted
again, 2.7.0 isnt listed but the current 2.8.0 is (though pointing at
the mirrors, so it needs updating now also).

Robbie

On Wed, 22 May 2019 at 14:05, Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I won’t be able to send the release notice today for a personal reason.
> Just a heads up.
>

> The mirrors are already updated.  I will update the website and send the
> news tomorrow.
>
> On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 9:20 AM Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Vote passed with 5 Votes, 3 Binding, 2 non binding:
> >
> > Binding:
> > Clebert Suconic
> > Timothy Bish
> > Christopher Shannon
> >
> > Non Binding:
> > Emmanuel Hugonnet
> > Francesco nigro
> >
> > Thank you to everyone who contributed and took the time to review the
> > release.
> >

> > I'll move forward with the getting the release out and updating the
> > relevant documentation and website.
> >

> > Regards
> >

> > On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 3:27 AM Francesco Nigro <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > +1

> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12345432

> > http://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/commit-report-2.8.1

> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis/2.8.1

> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1190

> > http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/latest/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html

> > https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.8.1

> > --
> > Clebert Suconic

> Clebert Suconic

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.8.1

clebertsuconic
On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 10:17 AM Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> When updating the site...the past releases page content is busted
> again, 2.7.0 isnt listed but the current 2.8.0 is (though pointing at
> the mirrors, so it needs updating now also).

That was me with a copy and paste error. I will fix it tomorrow.  I had to
take a day off today.

> Robbie
>
> On Wed, 22 May 2019 at 14:05, Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > I won’t be able to send the release notice today for a personal reason.
> > Just a heads up.
> >

> > The mirrors are already updated.  I will update the website and send the
> > news tomorrow.
> >
> > On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 9:20 AM Clebert Suconic <
> [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Vote passed with 5 Votes, 3 Binding, 2 non binding:
> > >
> > > Binding:
> > > Clebert Suconic
> > > Timothy Bish
> > > Christopher Shannon
> > >
> > > Non Binding:
> > > Emmanuel Hugonnet
> > > Francesco nigro
> > >
> > > Thank you to everyone who contributed and took the time to review the
> > > release.
> > >

> > > I'll move forward with the getting the release out and updating the
> > > relevant documentation and website.
> > >

> > > Regards

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12345432

> http://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/commit-report-2.8.1

> > > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis/2.8.1

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1190

> examples:
> > > > > >

> http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/latest/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.8.1

> > > --
> > > Clebert Suconic
> > >
> > --
> > Clebert Suconic

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.8.1

Robbie Gemmell
I noticed while using the past releases page that almost all the 2.7.0
and 2.8.0 links were broken. I have updated them.

I also added a release notes for 2.8.1 page to fix the broken link on
the main download page.

Robbie