[VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0

clebertsuconic
I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 release.

I would like to highlight the following features on this release:

[ARTEMIS-2364] - Implement collision avoidance for redelivery
[ARTEMIS-2457] - Implement ring queue

These features added more rich features on Queue Processing.

and the following performance improvement on this release:

[ARTEMIS-2399] - Improve Paging performance when there are a lot of subscribers

As this last change is almost like a new feature by itself. Paging
will now be streamed from Page Subscriptions, being a faster approach
with many subscriptions.

The release notes can be found here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12345602

This is a substantial release, with 140 git commits and touching 76
JIRAs, as you can see on the commit report:
https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/commit-report-2.10.0

Source and binary distributions can be found here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis/2.10.0

The Maven repository is here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1194

In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo on examples:
https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/latest/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html

The source tag:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.10.0?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.10.0

I will update the website after the vote has passed.

[ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.4.0
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Here's my +1

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0

gaohoward
+1

On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 4:12 AM Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 release.
>

> I would like to highlight the following features on this release:
>
> [ARTEMIS-2364] - Implement collision avoidance for redelivery
> [ARTEMIS-2457] - Implement ring queue
>
> These features added more rich features on Queue Processing.
>

> and the following performance improvement on this release:
>
> [ARTEMIS-2399] - Improve Paging performance when there are a lot of
> subscribers
>
> As this last change is almost like a new feature by itself. Paging
> will now be streamed from Page Subscriptions, being a faster approach
> with many subscriptions.
>
> The release notes can be found here:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12345602
>

> This is a substantial release, with 140 git commits and touching 76
> JIRAs, as you can see on the commit report:
>
> https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/commit-report-2.10.0
>

> Source and binary distributions can be found here:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis/2.10.0
>
> The Maven repository is here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1194
>
> In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo on examples:
>
> https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/latest/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html
>
> The source tag:
>
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.10.0?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.10.0
>

> I will update the website after the vote has passed.
>
> [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.4.0
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> Here's my +1

> Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0

michael.andre.pearce
+1

downloaded and ran on centos. (Replicated ha setup.)

Also ran on windows (single node)

Tested core client and qpid jms client. All seems good.

No regressions seen in smoke tests run. Will try new features/improvements in coming months, look amazing great work

Get Outlook for Android

wrote:

> I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 release.
>

> I would like to highlight the following features on this release:
>
> [ARTEMIS-2364] - Implement collision avoidance for redelivery
> [ARTEMIS-2457] - Implement ring queue
>
> These features added more rich features on Queue Processing.
>

> and the following performance improvement on this release:
>
> [ARTEMIS-2399] - Improve Paging performance when there are a lot of
> subscribers
>
> As this last change is almost like a new feature by itself. Paging
> will now be streamed from Page Subscriptions, being a faster approach
> with many subscriptions.
>
> The release notes can be found here:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12345602
>

> This is a substantial release, with 140 git commits and touching 76
> JIRAs, as you can see on the commit report:
>
> https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/commit-report-2.10.0
>

> Source and binary distributions can be found here:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis/2.10.0
>
> The Maven repository is here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1194
>
> In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo on examples:
>
> https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/latest/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html
>
> The source tag:
>
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.10.0?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.10.0
>

> I will update the website after the vote has passed.
>
> [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.4.0
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> Here's my +1
>

> --
> Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0

Havret
Great work!

Non binding +1

On Tue, Aug 27, 2019, 10:21 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>

> downloaded and ran on centos. (Replicated ha setup.)
>

> Also ran on windows (single node)
>

> Tested core client and qpid jms client. All seems good.
>

> No regressions seen in smoke tests run. Will try new features/improvements
> in coming months, look amazing great work
>

> Get Outlook for Android
>

> On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 1:24 AM +0100, "Howard Gao" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

> +1
>
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 4:12 AM Clebert Suconic
> wrote:
>
> > I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 release.
> >

> > I would like to highlight the following features on this release:
> >
> > [ARTEMIS-2364] - Implement collision avoidance for redelivery
> > [ARTEMIS-2457] - Implement ring queue
> >
> > These features added more rich features on Queue Processing.
> >

> > and the following performance improvement on this release:
> >
> > [ARTEMIS-2399] - Improve Paging performance when there are a lot of
> > subscribers
> >
> > As this last change is almost like a new feature by itself. Paging
> > will now be streamed from Page Subscriptions, being a faster approach
> > with many subscriptions.
> >
> > The release notes can be found here:
> >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12345602
> >

> > This is a substantial release, with 140 git commits and touching 76
> > JIRAs, as you can see on the commit report:
> >

> https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/commit-report-2.10.0
> >

> > Source and binary distributions can be found here:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis/2.10.0
> >
> > The Maven repository is here:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1194
> >
> > In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo on examples:
> >

> https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/latest/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html
> >
> > The source tag:
> >

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.10.0?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.10.0
> >

> > I will update the website after the vote has passed.
> >
> > [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.4.0
> > [ ] +0 no opinion
> > [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
> >
> > Here's my +1
> >

> > --
> > Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0

christopher.l.shannon
+1, I've been looking forward to the paging performance improvements as
I've been following the discussions off and on around it the past couple of
months and it looks like a really nice enhancement

On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 5:24 AM Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Great work!
>
> Non binding +1
>
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2019, 10:21 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > +1
> >

> > downloaded and ran on centos. (Replicated ha setup.)
> >

> > Also ran on windows (single node)
> >

> > Tested core client and qpid jms client. All seems good.
> >

> > No regressions seen in smoke tests run. Will try new
> features/improvements
> > in coming months, look amazing great work
> >

> > Get Outlook for Android
> >

> > On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 1:24 AM +0100, "Howard Gao" <
> [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >

> > +1
> >
> > On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 4:12 AM Clebert Suconic
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 release.
> > >

> > > I would like to highlight the following features on this release:
> > >
> > > [ARTEMIS-2364] - Implement collision avoidance for redelivery
> > > [ARTEMIS-2457] - Implement ring queue
> > >
> > > These features added more rich features on Queue Processing.
> > >

> > > and the following performance improvement on this release:
> > >
> > > [ARTEMIS-2399] - Improve Paging performance when there are a lot of
> > > subscribers
> > >
> > > As this last change is almost like a new feature by itself. Paging
> > > will now be streamed from Page Subscriptions, being a faster approach
> > > with many subscriptions.
> > >
> > > The release notes can be found here:
> > >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12345602
> > >

> > > This is a substantial release, with 140 git commits and touching 76
> > > JIRAs, as you can see on the commit report:
> > >

> https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/commit-report-2.10.0
> > >

> > > Source and binary distributions can be found here:
> > >
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis/2.10.0
> > >
> > > The Maven repository is here:
> > >

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1194
> > >
> > > In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo on examples:
> > >

> https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/latest/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html
> > >
> > > The source tag:
> > >

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.10.0?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.10.0
> > >

> > > I will update the website after the vote has passed.
> > >
> > > [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.4.0
> > > [ ] +0 no opinion
> > > [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
> > >
> > > Here's my +1
> > >

> > > --
> > > Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0

I'm +1 on the 2.10.0 release although below it says 2.4.0

* Validated signatures and checksums
* Validated license and notices files in all archives
* Checked source headers using 'mvn apache-rat:check -P release'
* Built from source and ran the AMQP integration tests
* Ran Qpid JMS examples against the binary broker packaged version.
* Checked that the webconsole works

On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 9:33 AM Timothy Bish <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm +1 on the 2.10.0 release although below it says 2.4.0

:) thanks.. sorry for the copy & paste error.