[VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.1 release

jbonofre
Hi everyone,

I submit Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.1 to your vote.
This release includes several fixes (runtime configuration plugin with JDK9+, Karaf features, harden deserialization, …), improvements (new scheduler counters on JMX, avoiding several NPE, …), and updates (commons*, Shiro, jetty, …).

Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12347027 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12347027>

The Maven staging repository is:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1222/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1222/>

The dist staging repository is:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.16.1/ <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.16.1/>

Git tag:
activemq-5.16.1

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)

Thanks !
Regards
JB

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.1 release

Matt Pavlovich-2
+1

[x] Performed full build + ran unit tests on the 5.16.1 tag
[x] Ran two internal test suites validating ActiveMQ functionality using the artifacts from the staging repository

Great work JB!

> On Jan 14, 2021, at 8:51 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofre <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I submit Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.1 to your vote.
> This release includes several fixes (runtime configuration plugin with JDK9+, Karaf features, harden deserialization, …), improvements (new scheduler counters on JMX, avoiding several NPE, …), and updates (commons*, Shiro, jetty, …).
>
> Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12347027 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12347027>
>
> The Maven staging repository is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1222/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1222/>
>
> The dist staging repository is:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.16.1/ <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.16.1/>
>
> Git tag:
> activemq-5.16.1
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release

> Thanks !
> Regards
> JB

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.1 release

jgoodyear
+1

Cheers,
Jamie

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 5:31 PM Matt Pavlovich <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> [x] Performed full build + ran unit tests on the 5.16.1 tag
> [x] Ran two internal test suites validating ActiveMQ functionality using the artifacts from the staging repository
>
> Great work JB!
>
> > On Jan 14, 2021, at 8:51 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofre <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I submit Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.1 to your vote.
> > This release includes several fixes (runtime configuration plugin with JDK9+, Karaf features, harden deserialization, …), improvements (new scheduler counters on JMX, avoiding several NPE, …), and updates (commons*, Shiro, jetty, …).
> >
> > Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12347027 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12347027>
> >
> > The Maven staging repository is:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1222/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1222/>
> >
> > The dist staging repository is:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.16.1/ <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.16.1/>
> >
> > Git tag:
> > activemq-5.16.1
> >
> > Please vote to approve this release:
> >
> > [ ] +1 Approve the release
> > [ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)
> >
> > This vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
> >
> > Thanks !
> > Regards
> > JB

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.1 release

dkulp
+1

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> - http://dankulp.com/blog <http://dankulp.com/blog>
Talend - http://talend.com <http://coders.talend.com/>

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.1 release

christopher.l.shannon
+1, looks good

Verified signatures and check sums
Ran smoke tests and started up a fresh broker
Ran some tests against an internal test suite

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 2:41 PM Daniel Kulp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> Dan
>

> > On Jan 14, 2021, at 9:51 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofre <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I submit Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.1 to your vote.
> > This release includes several fixes (runtime configuration plugin with
> JDK9+, Karaf features, harden deserialization, …), improvements (new
> scheduler counters on JMX, avoiding several NPE, …), and updates (commons*,
> Shiro, jetty, …).
> >
> > Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:
> >
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12347027
> <
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12347027
> >

> > The Maven staging repository is:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1222/
> <
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1222/
> >

> > The dist staging repository is:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.16.1/ <
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.16.1/>
> >
> > Git tag:
> > activemq-5.16.1
> >
> > Please vote to approve this release:
> >
> > [ ] +1 Approve the release
> > [ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)
> >
> > This vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
> >
> > Thanks !
> > Regards
> > JB
>
> --
> Daniel Kulp
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> - http://dankulp.com/blog <
> http://dankulp.com/blog>
> Talend - http://talend.com <http://coders.talend.com/>

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.1 release

jbonofre
+1 (binding)

Regards
JB

> Le 14 janv. 2021 à 15:51, Jean-Baptiste Onofre <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I submit Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.1 to your vote.
> This release includes several fixes (runtime configuration plugin with JDK9+, Karaf features, harden deserialization, …), improvements (new scheduler counters on JMX, avoiding several NPE, …), and updates (commons*, Shiro, jetty, …).
>
> Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12347027 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12347027>
>
> The Maven staging repository is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1222/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1222/>
>
> The dist staging repository is:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.16.1/ <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.16.1/>
>
> Git tag:
> activemq-5.16.1
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release

> Thanks !
> Regards
> JB

[RESULT][VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.1 release

jbonofre
Hi everyone,

This vote passed with the following result:

+1 (binding): Dan Kulp, Christopher Shannon, JB Onofré
+1 (non binding): Matt Pavlovich, Jamie Goodyear

I’m promoting the artifacts on Maven Central and dist Apache, update Jira and website, and then I will do the release announcement.

Thanks all for your vote !

Regards
JB