[VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.0 release (take #2)

[VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.0 release (take #2)

jbonofre
Hi everyone,

Now that we fixed the ASF header issue, I'm submitting ActiveMQ 5.16.0
release to your vote (take #2).

This release is an important milestone as the runtime supports JDK 11.
The full build with JDK 11 is planned for 5.17.0.

It also includes bunch of fixes, improvements and much more.

For your information, once this vote will pass, I will create
activemq-5.16.x branch and I will move master branch to version 5.17.0.

Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12341032

The Maven staging repository is:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1213/

The dist staging repository is:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.16.0/

Git tag:
activemq-5.16.0

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)

Thanks !
Regards
JB

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.0 release (take #2)

Matt Pavlovich-2
+1

Thank you, JB!

   * Downloaded apache-activemq-5.16.0-unix.tar.gz and validated SHA1 sum
   * Tested startup / shutdown
   * Various message testing

-Matt Pavlovich

> On Jun 25, 2020, at 9:23 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> Now that we fixed the ASF header issue, I'm submitting ActiveMQ 5.16.0
> release to your vote (take #2).
>
> This release is an important milestone as the runtime supports JDK 11.
> The full build with JDK 11 is planned for 5.17.0.
>
> It also includes bunch of fixes, improvements and much more.
>
> For your information, once this vote will pass, I will create
> activemq-5.16.x branch and I will move master branch to version 5.17.0.
>
> Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12341032
>
> The Maven staging repository is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1213/
>
> The dist staging repository is:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.16.0/
>
> Git tag:
> activemq-5.16.0
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release

> Thanks !
> Regards
> JB

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.0 release (take #2)

christopher.l.shannon
+1, looks good to me

* Validated signatures and checksums
* Verified license headers on source using 'mvn apache-rat:check'
* Ran smoke tests
* Verified broker starts properly using tar.gz release
* Verified several of my own tests that I have pass successfully

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 11:58 AM Matt Pavlovich <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> Thank you, JB!
>
>    * Downloaded apache-activemq-5.16.0-unix.tar.gz and validated SHA1 sum
>    * Tested startup / shutdown
>    * Various message testing
>
> -Matt Pavlovich
>
> > On Jun 25, 2020, at 9:23 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > Now that we fixed the ASF header issue, I'm submitting ActiveMQ 5.16.0
> > release to your vote (take #2).
> >
> > This release is an important milestone as the runtime supports JDK 11.
> > The full build with JDK 11 is planned for 5.17.0.
> >
> > It also includes bunch of fixes, improvements and much more.
> >
> > For your information, once this vote will pass, I will create
> > activemq-5.16.x branch and I will move master branch to version 5.17.0.
> >
> > Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:
> >
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12341032
> >
> > The Maven staging repository is:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1213/
> >
> > The dist staging repository is:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.16.0/
> >
> > Git tag:
> > activemq-5.16.0
> >
> > Please vote to approve this release:
> >
> > [ ] +1 Approve the release
> > [ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)
> >
> > This vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
> >
> > Thanks !
> > Regards
> > JB

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.0 release (take #2)

Francois Papon
+1 (non-binding)

- Tested with Java11 runtime

- Validated with some local projects

Thanks JB for this release!

regards,

François
[hidden email]

Le 25/06/2020 à 16:23, Jean-Baptiste Onofré a écrit :

> Hi everyone,
>
> Now that we fixed the ASF header issue, I'm submitting ActiveMQ 5.16.0
> release to your vote (take #2).
>
> This release is an important milestone as the runtime supports JDK 11.
> The full build with JDK 11 is planned for 5.17.0.
>
> It also includes bunch of fixes, improvements and much more.
>
> For your information, once this vote will pass, I will create
> activemq-5.16.x branch and I will move master branch to version 5.17.0.
>
> Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12341032
>
> The Maven staging repository is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1213/
>
> The dist staging repository is:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.16.0/
>
> Git tag:
> activemq-5.16.0
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release

> Thanks !
> Regards
> JB

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.0 release (take #2)

michael.andre.pearce
+1 (Binding)

Using release binary
  Ran some nms openwire smoke tests
  Ran some jms openwire smoke tests

Validated checksums

Sent from my iPad

> On 25 Jun 2020, at 17:45, Christopher Shannon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1, looks good to me
>
> * Validated signatures and checksums
> * Verified license headers on source using 'mvn apache-rat:check'
> * Ran smoke tests
> * Verified broker starts properly using tar.gz release
> * Verified several of my own tests that I have pass successfully
>
>> On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 11:58 AM Matt Pavlovich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> +1
>>
>> Thank you, JB!
>>
>>   * Downloaded apache-activemq-5.16.0-unix.tar.gz and validated SHA1 sum
>>   * Tested startup / shutdown
>>   * Various message testing
>>
>> -Matt Pavlovich
>>
>>> On Jun 25, 2020, at 9:23 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> Now that we fixed the ASF header issue, I'm submitting ActiveMQ 5.16.0
>>> release to your vote (take #2).
>>>
>>> This release is an important milestone as the runtime supports JDK 11.
>>> The full build with JDK 11 is planned for 5.17.0.
>>>
>>> It also includes bunch of fixes, improvements and much more.
>>>
>>> For your information, once this vote will pass, I will create
>>> activemq-5.16.x branch and I will move master branch to version 5.17.0.
>>>
>>> Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:
>>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12341032
>>>
>>> The Maven staging repository is:
>>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1213/
>>>
>>> The dist staging repository is:
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.16.0/
>>>
>>> Git tag:
>>> activemq-5.16.0
>>>
>>> Please vote to approve this release:
>>>
>>> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>>> [ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)
>>>
>>> This vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
>>>
>>> Thanks !
>>> Regards
>>> JB

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.0 release (take #2)

jbonofre
Casting my own +1 (binding)

Regards
JB

> Le 25 juin 2020 à 16:23, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> Now that we fixed the ASF header issue, I'm submitting ActiveMQ 5.16.0
> release to your vote (take #2).
>
> This release is an important milestone as the runtime supports JDK 11.
> The full build with JDK 11 is planned for 5.17.0.
>
> It also includes bunch of fixes, improvements and much more.
>
> For your information, once this vote will pass, I will create
> activemq-5.16.x branch and I will move master branch to version 5.17.0.
>
> Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12341032
>
> The Maven staging repository is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1213/
>
> The dist staging repository is:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.16.0/
>
> Git tag:
> activemq-5.16.0
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release

> Thanks !
> Regards
> JB

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.0 release (take #2)

+0

doing: mvn install on the source bundle, after about 6 attempts it
gets through all but one test:

activemq-karaf-itest

ActiveMQBrokerFeatureTest.testSendReceiveWeb:122->produceMessageWebConsole:106
post succeeded, POST
http://localhost:8181/activemqweb/sendMessage.action?secret=042c4710-37f5-4fd5-94b8-8979a97c2224&JMSText=1593422784780&JMSDestination=1593422784780&JMSDestinationType=queue
HTTP/1.1 expected:<302> but was:<500>

not a biggie but needs fixing at some point. Mabe someone else can
verify in their environment.

Thanks for taking care of this release JB

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 at 15:23, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Now that we fixed the ASF header issue, I'm submitting ActiveMQ 5.16.0
> release to your vote (take #2).
>
> This release is an important milestone as the runtime supports JDK 11.
> The full build with JDK 11 is planned for 5.17.0.
>
> It also includes bunch of fixes, improvements and much more.
>
> For your information, once this vote will pass, I will create
> activemq-5.16.x branch and I will move master branch to version 5.17.0.
>
> Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12341032
>
> The Maven staging repository is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1213/
>
> The dist staging repository is:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.16.0/
>
> Git tag:
> activemq-5.16.0
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release

> Thanks !
> Regards
> JB

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.0 release (take #2)

jbonofre
Hmm, let me try on my machine (as the build passed during the release process).
Thanks for the test.

Regards
JB

> Le 29 juin 2020 à 12:12, Gary Tully <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> +0
>
> doing: mvn install on the source bundle, after about 6 attempts it
> gets through all but one test:
>
> activemq-karaf-itest
>
> ActiveMQBrokerFeatureTest.testSendReceiveWeb:122->produceMessageWebConsole:106
> post succeeded, POST
> http://localhost:8181/activemqweb/sendMessage.action?secret=042c4710-37f5-4fd5-94b8-8979a97c2224&JMSText=1593422784780&JMSDestination=1593422784780&JMSDestinationType=queue
> HTTP/1.1 expected:<302> but was:<500>
>
> not a biggie but needs fixing at some point. Mabe someone else can
> verify in their environment.
>
> Thanks for taking care of this release JB
>
> On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 at 15:23, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Now that we fixed the ASF header issue, I'm submitting ActiveMQ 5.16.0
>> release to your vote (take #2).
>>
>> This release is an important milestone as the runtime supports JDK 11.
>> The full build with JDK 11 is planned for 5.17.0.
>>
>> It also includes bunch of fixes, improvements and much more.
>>
>> For your information, once this vote will pass, I will create
>> activemq-5.16.x branch and I will move master branch to version 5.17.0.
>>
>> Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12341032
>>
>> The Maven staging repository is:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1213/
>>
>> The dist staging repository is:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.16.0/
>>
>> Git tag:
>> activemq-5.16.0
>>
>> Please vote to approve this release:
>>
>> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>> [ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)
>>
>> This vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
>>
>> Thanks !
>> Regards
>> JB

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.0 release (take #2)

christopher.l.shannon
If not critical I say we can continue with 5.16.0 as it needs to go out and
bas been delayed way too long and target a fix for that test for 5.16.1

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 7:37 AM Jean-Baptiste Onofre <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hmm, let me try on my machine (as the build passed during the release
> process).
> Thanks for the test.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> > Le 29 juin 2020 à 12:12, Gary Tully <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >
> > +0
> >
> > doing: mvn install on the source bundle, after about 6 attempts it
> > gets through all but one test:
> >
> > activemq-karaf-itest
> >

> ActiveMQBrokerFeatureTest.testSendReceiveWeb:122->produceMessageWebConsole:106
> > post succeeded, POST
> >
> http://localhost:8181/activemqweb/sendMessage.action?secret=042c4710-37f5-4fd5-94b8-8979a97c2224&JMSText=1593422784780&JMSDestination=1593422784780&JMSDestinationType=queue
> > HTTP/1.1 expected:<302> but was:<500>
> >
> > not a biggie but needs fixing at some point. Mabe someone else can
> > verify in their environment.
> >
> > Thanks for taking care of this release JB
> >
> > On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 at 15:23, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi everyone,
> >>
> >> Now that we fixed the ASF header issue, I'm submitting ActiveMQ 5.16.0
> >> release to your vote (take #2).
> >>
> >> This release is an important milestone as the runtime supports JDK 11.
> >> The full build with JDK 11 is planned for 5.17.0.
> >>
> >> It also includes bunch of fixes, improvements and much more.
> >>
> >> For your information, once this vote will pass, I will create
> >> activemq-5.16.x branch and I will move master branch to version 5.17.0.
> >>
> >> Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:
> >>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12341032
> >>
> >> The Maven staging repository is:
> >>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1213/
> >>
> >> The dist staging repository is:
> >> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.16.0/
> >>
> >> Git tag:
> >> activemq-5.16.0
> >>
> >> Please vote to approve this release:
> >>
> >> [ ] +1 Approve the release
> >> [ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)
> >>
> >> This vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
> >>
> >> Thanks !
> >> Regards
> >> JB

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.0 release (take #2)

jbonofre
Agree, I don’t see it as a blocker.

Regards
JB

> Le 29 juin 2020 à 15:10, Christopher Shannon <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> If not critical I say we can continue with 5.16.0 as it needs to go out and
> bas been delayed way too long and target a fix for that test for 5.16.1
>
> On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 7:37 AM Jean-Baptiste Onofre <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hmm, let me try on my machine (as the build passed during the release
>> process).
>> Thanks for the test.
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>>> Le 29 juin 2020 à 12:12, Gary Tully <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>>
>>> +0
>>>
>>> doing: mvn install on the source bundle, after about 6 attempts it
>>> gets through all but one test:
>>>
>>> activemq-karaf-itest
>>>

>> ActiveMQBrokerFeatureTest.testSendReceiveWeb:122->produceMessageWebConsole:106
>>> post succeeded, POST
>>>
>> http://localhost:8181/activemqweb/sendMessage.action?secret=042c4710-37f5-4fd5-94b8-8979a97c2224&JMSText=1593422784780&JMSDestination=1593422784780&JMSDestinationType=queue
>>> HTTP/1.1 expected:<302> but was:<500>
>>>
>>> not a biggie but needs fixing at some point. Mabe someone else can
>>> verify in their environment.
>>>
>>> Thanks for taking care of this release JB

>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12341032

>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1213/

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.0 release (take #2)

jgoodyear
+1 (non-binding)

Cheers,
Jamie

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 10:41 AM Jean-Baptiste Onofre <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Agree, I don’t see it as a blocker.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> > Le 29 juin 2020 à 15:10, Christopher Shannon <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >
> > If not critical I say we can continue with 5.16.0 as it needs to go out and
> > bas been delayed way too long and target a fix for that test for 5.16.1
> >
> > On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 7:37 AM Jean-Baptiste Onofre <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hmm, let me try on my machine (as the build passed during the release
> >> process).
> >> Thanks for the test.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> JB

> >> ActiveMQBrokerFeatureTest.testSendReceiveWeb:122->produceMessageWebConsole:106
> >>>
> >> http://localhost:8181/activemqweb/sendMessage.action?secret=042c4710-37f5-4fd5-94b8-8979a97c2224&JMSText=1593422784780&JMSDestination=1593422784780&JMSDestinationType=queue

> >> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12341032

> >> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1213/

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.0 release (take #2)

dkulp
+1, simple building and running basic tests looks OK

--
Daniel Kulp
[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> - http://dankulp.com/blog <http://dankulp.com/blog>

> On Jun 25, 2020, at 10:23 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> Now that we fixed the ASF header issue, I'm submitting ActiveMQ 5.16.0
> release to your vote (take #2).
>
> This release is an important milestone as the runtime supports JDK 11.
> The full build with JDK 11 is planned for 5.17.0.
>
> It also includes bunch of fixes, improvements and much more.
>
> For your information, once this vote will pass, I will create
> activemq-5.16.x branch and I will move master branch to version 5.17.0.
>
> Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12341032
>
> The Maven staging repository is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1213/
>
> The dist staging repository is:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.16.0/
>
> Git tag:
> activemq-5.16.0
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release

> Thanks !
> Regards
> JB

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.0 release (take #2)

artnaseef
I'm building now.  Don't know how quickly it'll get done, so I won't be
surprised if the vote is closed before then.

There is an error in making the activemq-client bundle - any thoughts on
this?

[INFO] --- maven-bundle-plugin:2.3.7:bundle (default-bundle) @
activemq-client ---
        at aQute.lib.osgi.Clazz.parseClassFile(Clazz.java:448)
        at aQute.lib.osgi.Clazz.parseClassFile(Clazz.java:369)
        at aQute.lib.osgi.Clazz.parseClassFileWithCollector(Clazz.java:359)
        at aQute.lib.osgi.Clazz.parseClassFile(Clazz.java:349)
        at aQute.lib.osgi.Analyzer.analyzeJar(Analyzer.java:1725)
        at
aQute.lib.osgi.Analyzer.analyzeBundleClasspath(Analyzer.java:1595)
        at aQute.lib.osgi.Analyzer.analyze(Analyzer.java:124)
        at aQute.lib.osgi.Builder.analyze(Builder.java:306)
        at aQute.lib.osgi.Analyzer.calcManifest(Analyzer.java:301)
        at aQute.lib.osgi.Builder.build(Builder.java:73)
        at
org.apache.felix.bundleplugin.BundlePlugin.buildOSGiBundle(BundlePlugin.java:547)
        at
org.apache.felix.bundleplugin.BundlePlugin.execute(BundlePlugin.java:347)
        at
org.apache.felix.bundleplugin.BundlePlugin.execute(BundlePlugin.java:264)
        at
org.apache.felix.bundleplugin.BundlePlugin.execute(BundlePlugin.java:255)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:137)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:210)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:156)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:148)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:117)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:81)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder.build(SingleThreadedBuilder.java:56)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:128)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:305)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:192)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:105)
        at
        at
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:282)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:225)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:406)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:347)
[WARNING] Bundle org.apache.activemq:activemq-client:bundle:5.16.0 :
Instructions in Private-Package, or -testpackages that are never used:
com\.google\.errorprone\.annotations\.concurrent
                com\.google\.errorprone\.annotations
Classpath:
Jar:.,Jar:slf4j-api,Jar:geronimo-jms_1.1_spec,Jar:hawtbuf,Jar:geronimo-j2ee-management_1.1_spec,Jar:commons-net,Jar:jmdns,Jar:log4j

[WARNING] Bundle org.apache.activemq:activemq-client:bundle:5.16.0 : Did
not find matching referal for !com.google.errorprone.annotations
[WARNING] Bundle org.apache.activemq:activemq-client:bundle:5.16.0 : Did
not find matching referal for !com.google.errorprone.annotations.concurrent
[ERROR] Bundle org.apache.activemq:activemq-client:bundle:5.16.0 :
Exception: 18
[ERROR] Bundle org.apache.activemq:activemq-client:bundle:5.16.0 : Invalid
class file: org/apache/activemq/filter/DestinationMap.class

I believe this is not causing the build to fail, but I can't rule that out
because I used "mvn -fn ..." to ensure a complete build.

So far, all of the tests are passing (up to LevelDBStoreBrokerTest).

Art

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 9:53 AM Daniel Kulp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1, simple building and running basic tests looks OK
>
> --
> Daniel Kulp
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> - http://dankulp.com/blog <
> http://dankulp.com/blog>
> Talend - http://talend.com <http://talend.com/>
>

> > On Jun 25, 2020, at 10:23 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > Now that we fixed the ASF header issue, I'm submitting ActiveMQ 5.16.0
> > release to your vote (take #2).
> >
> > This release is an important milestone as the runtime supports JDK 11.
> > The full build with JDK 11 is planned for 5.17.0.
> >
> > It also includes bunch of fixes, improvements and much more.
> >
> > For your information, once this vote will pass, I will create
> > activemq-5.16.x branch and I will move master branch to version 5.17.0.
> >
> > Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:
> >
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12341032
> >
> > The Maven staging repository is:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1213/
> >
> > The dist staging repository is:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.16.0/
> >
> > Git tag:
> > activemq-5.16.0
> >
> > Please vote to approve this release:
> >
> > [ ] +1 Approve the release
> > [ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)
> >
> > This vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
> >
> > Thanks !
> > Regards
> > JB

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.0 release (take #2)

jbonofre
Hi

That’s a warning present for a very long time. I already prepared the update to maven-bundle-plugin 4.2.1 allowing us to build using JDK 11 (targeted for ActiveMQ 5.17.0).

This warning also exists on activemq-5.15.x branch for very very long time.

So, no blocker, and I already fix that.

Regards
JB

> [...]
>>> activemq-5.16.x branch and I will move master branch to version 5.17.0.
>>>
>>> Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:
>>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12341032
>>>
>>> The Maven staging repository is:
>>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1213/
>>>
>>> The dist staging repository is:
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.16.0/
>>>
>>> Git tag:
>>> activemq-5.16.0
>>>
>>> Please vote to approve this release:
>>>
>>> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>>> [ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)
>>>
>>> This vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
>>>
>>> Thanks !
>>> Regards
>>> JB

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.0 release (take #2)

JB: very good - thanks for the feedback.

Build is successful with no problems beyond the warning mentioned earlier -
first time in a very long time that I've had a fully successful build in
one shot - very nice.

License notifications appear to be on most files.  Several readme.txt files
don't include the license, but I don't think that's a concern.

The broker starts up and passes messages.  Web console works.

Cheers.

Art

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 12:24 AM Jean-Baptiste Onofre <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > I believe this is not causing the build to fail, but I can't rule that
> out
> > because I used "mvn -fn ..." to ensure a complete build.
> >
> > So far, all of the tests are passing (up to LevelDBStoreBrokerTest).
> >
> > Art
> >

> > On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 9:53 AM Daniel Kulp <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> +1, simple building and running basic tests looks OK
> >>
> >> --
> >> Daniel Kulp
> >> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> - http://dankulp.com/blog <
> >> http://dankulp.com/blog>
> >> Talend - http://talend.com <http://talend.com/>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12341032

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1213/

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.0 release (take #2)

Awesome ! Thanks for your feedback Art !

I gonna close the vote and move forward.

Thanks again !

Regards
JB

> [...]
>>> not find matching referal for
>> !com.google.errorprone.annotations.concurrent
>>> [ERROR] Bundle org.apache.activemq:activemq-client:bundle:5.16.0 :
>>> Exception: 18
>>> [ERROR] Bundle org.apache.activemq:activemq-client:bundle:5.16.0 :
>> Invalid
>>> class file: org/apache/activemq/filter/DestinationMap.class
>>>
>>> I believe this is not causing the build to fail, but I can't rule that
>> out
>>> because I used "mvn -fn ..." to ensure a complete build.
>>>
>>> So far, all of the tests are passing (up to LevelDBStoreBrokerTest).
>>>
>>> Art

>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12341032

>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1213/

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.0 release (take #2)

JB,

I think we should close the vote, it has been 6 days now so time to get the
release out.

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 11:36 AM Jean-Baptiste Onofre <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> >>>

> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:406)
> >>>
> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:347)
> >>>

> Jar:.,Jar:slf4j-api,Jar:geronimo-jms_1.1_spec,Jar:hawtbuf,Jar:geronimo-j2ee-management_1.1_spec,Jar:commons-net,Jar:jmdns,Jar:log4j

> Did
> Did
> >> !com.google.errorprone.annotations.concurrent
> >> Invalid

> >> out

> <

> 5.16.0

> 11.

> 5.17.0.

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12341032

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1213/

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.0 release (take #2)

As said yesterday, I gonna close the vote, just waiting a new test that passed for me.

So, yes, the vote will be close now.

Regards
JB

> [...]
>>>>>

>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:81)
>>>>>

>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder.build(SingleThreadedBuilder.java:56)
>>>>>

>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:128)
>>>>>

>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

>> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:282)
>>>>>

>> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:225)
>>>>>

>> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:406)
>>>>>
>> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:347)
>>>>>

>> Jar:.,Jar:slf4j-api,Jar:geronimo-jms_1.1_spec,Jar:hawtbuf,Jar:geronimo-j2ee-management_1.1_spec,Jar:commons-net,Jar:jmdns,Jar:log4j

[RESULT][VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.0 release (take #2)

jbonofre
Hi everyone,

This vote passed with the following result:

+1 (binding): Christopher Shannon, JB Onofré, Michael Pearce, Dan Kulp, Arthur Naseef
+1 (non binding): Matt Pavlovich, François Papon, Jamie Goodyear

I’m promoting the artifacts on dist and maven central, update Jira, create the branch and I will announce the release.

Thanks all for your vote !