[VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.2

christopher.l.shannon
Hi Everyone,

I have created the ActiveMQ 5.15.2 release and it's ready for a vote.

The list of resolved issues is here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12341669

You can get the release artifacts here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.15.2/

Maven repository is at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1151/

Source tag: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq.git;a=commit;h=9e595d8674456810ee3bd2d4a9920ed8b680937b

Please vote to approve this release.  The vote will remain open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.2
[ ] -1 (provide specific comments)

Here's my +1

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.2

tabish121@gmail.com
+1

* Checked each archive to License and Notice files
* Validated signatures and checksums
* Ran the binary broker build on linux, checked web console and sent
some messages using Qpid JMS example
* Built from source and ran the sanity test profile tests
* Built Qpid JMS using the staged bits and ran it's tests against ActiveMQ
* Checked using the maven apache-rat:check goal for files missing any
license headers.

On 10/17/2017 10:37 AM, Christopher Shannon wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have created the ActiveMQ 5.15.2 release and it's ready for a vote.
>
> The list of resolved issues is here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12341669
>
> You can get the release artifacts here:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.15.2/
>
> Maven repository is at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1151/
>
> Source tag: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq.git;a=commit;h=9e595d8674456810ee3bd2d4a9920ed8b680937b
>
> Please vote to approve this release.  The vote will remain open for 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.2
> [ ] -1 (provide specific comments)
>
> Here's my +1

twitter: @tabish121
blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.2

gtully
+1

On Tue, 17 Oct 2017 at 21:49 Timothy Bish <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> * Checked each archive to License and Notice files
> * Validated signatures and checksums
> * Ran the binary broker build on linux, checked web console and sent
> some messages using Qpid JMS example
> * Built from source and ran the sanity test profile tests
> * Built Qpid JMS using the staged bits and ran it's tests against ActiveMQ
> * Checked using the maven apache-rat:check goal for files missing any
> license headers.
>
> On 10/17/2017 10:37 AM, Christopher Shannon wrote:
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > I have created the ActiveMQ 5.15.2 release and it's ready for a vote.
> >
> > The list of resolved issues is here:
> >
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12341669
> >
> > You can get the release artifacts here:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.15.2/
> >
> > Maven repository is at:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1151/
> >
> > Source tag:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq.git;a=commit;h=9e595d8674456810ee3bd2d4a9920ed8b680937b
> >
> > Please vote to approve this release.  The vote will remain open for 72
> hours.
> >
> > [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.2
> > [ ] -1 (provide specific comments)
> >
> > Here's my +1
> >

> --
> Tim Bish
> twitter: @tabish121
> blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.2

Robbie Gemmell
On 17 October 2017 at 15:37, Christopher Shannon
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have created the ActiveMQ 5.15.2 release and it's ready for a vote.
>
> The list of resolved issues is here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12341669
>
> You can get the release artifacts here:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.15.2/
>
> Maven repository is at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1151/
>
> Source tag: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq.git;a=commit;h=9e595d8674456810ee3bd2d4a9920ed8b680937b
>
> Please vote to approve this release.  The vote will remain open for 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.2
> [ ] -1 (provide specific comments)
>
> Here's my +1

+1 (non-binding)

I checked things over as follows:
- Verified the signature and checksum files.
- Checked licence and notice files are present in the archives.
- Ran the source build and tested with the sanity test profile.
- Used the broker from the tar.gz binary to run some AMQP client examples.
- Used the staging repo to run the Qpid JMS master tests against the broker.

Robbie

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.2

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
+1 (binding)

Regards
JB

On Oct 18, 2017, 12:56, at 12:56, Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]> wrote:

>On 17 October 2017 at 15:37, Christopher Shannon
><[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> I have created the ActiveMQ 5.15.2 release and it's ready for a vote.
>>
>> The list of resolved issues is here:
>>
>https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12341669
>>
>> You can get the release artifacts here:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.15.2/
>>
>> Maven repository is at:
>>
>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1151/
>>
>> Source tag:
>https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq.git;a=commit;h=9e595d8674456810ee3bd2d4a9920ed8b680937b
>>
>> Please vote to approve this release.  The vote will remain open for
>72 hours.
>>
>> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.2
>> [ ] -1 (provide specific comments)
>>
>> Here's my +1
>
>+1 (non-binding)
>
>I checked things over as follows:
>- Verified the signature and checksum files.
>- Checked licence and notice files are present in the archives.
>- Ran the source build and tested with the sanity test profile.
>- Used the broker from the tar.gz binary to run some AMQP client
>examples.
>- Used the staging repo to run the Qpid JMS master tests against the
>broker.
>
>Robbie

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.2

W B D
+1 (non-binding)

Upgraded from 5.15.1 to 5.15.2 in our staging environment; no issues, but
then again 5.15.1 was also working fine for us. Using the auto transport.
Clients tested were an ActiveMQ 5.14.1 Java client and a C# client using
NMS ActiveMQ 1.7.2. The NMS client sometimes takes up to 30 seconds to
connect, but I don't think that's new, and is not specific to the auto
transport. Also tested with hawtio (dropping in the latest 1.5.4, default
offline version) - all in all looks good.

Regards,
Bruce D