[VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.11 release (take #2)

12

[VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.11 release (take #2)

jbonofre
Hi guys,

Waiting ActiveMQ 5.16.0 release (that will be submitted to vote shortly,
probably next week), I'm submitting ActiveMQ 5.15.11 release to your vote.
This is take #2 containing a fix on activemq-osgi build.

This release includes dependency updates (especially for CVE/Security
fixes), minor improvements, and fixes.

Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12345958

The Maven staging repository is:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1201

The dist staging repository is:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.15.11/

Git tag:
activemq-5.15.11

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)

Thanks !
Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.11 release (take #2)

jgallimore
I ran the last first release you posted with TomEE today and it looked ok -
I'll re-run with this release now and let you know how it goes. Thanks for
rolling the release!

Jon

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 6:02 PM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Waiting ActiveMQ 5.16.0 release (that will be submitted to vote shortly,
> probably next week), I'm submitting ActiveMQ 5.15.11 release to your vote.
> This is take #2 containing a fix on activemq-osgi build.
>
> This release includes dependency updates (especially for CVE/Security
> fixes), minor improvements, and fixes.
>
> Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:
>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12345958
>
> The Maven staging repository is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1201
>
> The dist staging repository is:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.15.11/
>
> Git tag:
> activemq-5.15.11
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release

> Thanks !
> Regards
> JB
> --
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> [hidden email]
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.11 release (take #2)

jgallimore
+1

wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Waiting ActiveMQ 5.16.0 release (that will be submitted to vote shortly,
> probably next week), I'm submitting ActiveMQ 5.15.11 release to your vote.
> This is take #2 containing a fix on activemq-osgi build.
>
> This release includes dependency updates (especially for CVE/Security
> fixes), minor improvements, and fixes.
>
> Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:
>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12345958
>
> The Maven staging repository is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1201
>
> The dist staging repository is:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.15.11/
>
> Git tag:
> activemq-5.15.11
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release

> Thanks !
> Regards
> JB
> --
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> [hidden email]
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.11 release (take #2)

dkulp

+1

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> - http://dankulp.com/blog <http://dankulp.com/blog>
Talend Community Coder - http://talend.com <http://coders.talend.com/>

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.11 release (take #2)

Francois Papon
+1 (non-binding)

Thanks JB!

regards,

François
[hidden email]

Le 20/11/2019 à 19:02, Jean-Baptiste Onofré a écrit :

> Hi guys,
>
> Waiting ActiveMQ 5.16.0 release (that will be submitted to vote shortly,
> probably next week), I'm submitting ActiveMQ 5.15.11 release to your vote.
> This is take #2 containing a fix on activemq-osgi build.
>
> This release includes dependency updates (especially for CVE/Security
> fixes), minor improvements, and fixes.
>
> Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12345958
>
> The Maven staging repository is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1201
>
> The dist staging repository is:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.15.11/
>
> Git tag:
> activemq-5.15.11
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release

> Thanks !
> Regards
> JB

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.11 release (take #2)

christopher.l.shannon
+1, looks good to me

Built and ran smoke tests
Verified signatures and hashes
ran a bunch of other tests to verify no regressions

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 11:13 AM Francois Papon <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 (non-binding)
>
> Thanks JB!
>
> regards,
>
> François
> [hidden email]
>
> Le 20/11/2019 à 19:02, Jean-Baptiste Onofré a écrit :
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > Waiting ActiveMQ 5.16.0 release (that will be submitted to vote shortly,
> > probably next week), I'm submitting ActiveMQ 5.15.11 release to your
> vote.
> > This is take #2 containing a fix on activemq-osgi build.
> >
> > This release includes dependency updates (especially for CVE/Security
> > fixes), minor improvements, and fixes.
> >
> > Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:
> >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12345958
> >
> > The Maven staging repository is:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1201
> >
> > The dist staging repository is:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.15.11/
> >
> > Git tag:
> > activemq-5.15.11
> >
> > Please vote to approve this release:
> >
> > [ ] +1 Approve the release
> > [ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)
> >
> > This vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
> >
> > Thanks !
> > Regards
> > JB

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.11 release (take #2)

jgoodyear
+1 (non-binding)

Cheers,
Jamie

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 1:39 PM Christopher Shannon
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1, looks good to me
>
> Built and ran smoke tests
> Verified signatures and hashes
> ran a bunch of other tests to verify no regressions
>
> On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 11:13 AM Francois Papon <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > +1 (non-binding)
> >
> > Thanks JB!
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > François
> > [hidden email]
> >
> > Le 20/11/2019 à 19:02, Jean-Baptiste Onofré a écrit :
> > > Hi guys,
> > >
> > > Waiting ActiveMQ 5.16.0 release (that will be submitted to vote shortly,
> > > probably next week), I'm submitting ActiveMQ 5.15.11 release to your
> > vote.
> > > This is take #2 containing a fix on activemq-osgi build.
> > >
> > > This release includes dependency updates (especially for CVE/Security
> > > fixes), minor improvements, and fixes.
> > >
> > > Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:
> > >

> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12345958
> > >
> > > The Maven staging repository is:
> > >
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1201
> > >
> > > The dist staging repository is:
> > > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.15.11/
> > >
> > > Git tag:
> > > activemq-5.15.11
> > >
> > > Please vote to approve this release:
> > >
> > > [ ] +1 Approve the release
> > > [ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)
> > >
> > > This vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
> > >
> > > Thanks !
> > > Regards
> > > JB

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.11 release (take #2)

jbonofre
Here's my +1 (non binding)

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.11 release (take #2)

jbonofre
Just a gently reminder: we would need an additional PMC (binding) vote
to complete this vote.

Thanks
Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.11 release (take #2)

michael.andre.pearce
+1 (binding)
Downloaded binariesChecked checksum and hashesBasic single node setup with some smoke test client.
ThanksMike
Get Outlook for Android

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 7:05 AM +0000, "Jean-Baptiste Onofré" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Here's my +1 (non binding)

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.11 release (take #2)

christopher.l.shannon
Thanks Michael.

JB, you should be good to close out the vote now as we have 3 binding +1s.

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 12:19 PM <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1 (binding)
> Downloaded binariesChecked checksum and hashesBasic single node setup with
> some smoke test client.
> ThanksMike
> Get Outlook for Android
>

> On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 7:05 AM +0000, "Jean-Baptiste Onofré" <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Here's my +1 (non binding)
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 20/11/2019 19:02, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > Waiting ActiveMQ 5.16.0 release (that will be submitted to vote shortly,
> > probably next week), I'm submitting ActiveMQ 5.15.11 release to your
> vote.
> > This is take #2 containing a fix on activemq-osgi build.
> >
> > This release includes dependency updates (especially for CVE/Security
> > fixes), minor improvements, and fixes.
> >
> > Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:
> >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12345958
> >
> > The Maven staging repository is:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1201
> >
> > The dist staging repository is:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.15.11/
> >
> > Git tag:
> > activemq-5.15.11
> >
> > Please vote to approve this release:
> >
> > [ ] +1 Approve the release
> > [ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)
> >
> > This vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
> >
> > Thanks !
> > Regards
> > JB
> >

> --
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> [hidden email]
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.11 release (take #2)

jbonofre
Yeah, just saw the vote. Thanks Michael. I'm closing the vote.

@Chris, I will need you to promote the artifacts from dist.apache.org
dev to release.

Thanks again
Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

[RESULT][VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.11 release (take #2)

jbonofre
Hi all,

this vote passed with the following result:

+1 (binding): Dan Kulp, Christopher Shannon, Michael Andre Pearce
+1 (non binding): Jonathan Gallimore, François Papon, Jamie Goodyear,
Jean-Baptiste Onofré

I'm promoting the artifacts on Maven Central and update Jira. One PMC
will help me to push the artifacts on dist.apache.org release.

I'm preparing a website PR to announce the release.

Thanks all for your vote.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.11 release (take #2)

christopher.l.shannon
I promoted the artifacts:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/activemq/5.15.11/

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 12:34 PM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> this vote passed with the following result:
>
> +1 (binding): Dan Kulp, Christopher Shannon, Michael Andre Pearce
> +1 (non binding): Jonathan Gallimore, François Papon, Jamie Goodyear,
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>
> I'm promoting the artifacts on Maven Central and update Jira. One PMC
> will help me to push the artifacts on dist.apache.org release.
>
> I'm preparing a website PR to announce the release.
>
> Thanks all for your vote.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 20/11/2019 19:02, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > Waiting ActiveMQ 5.16.0 release (that will be submitted to vote shortly,
> > probably next week), I'm submitting ActiveMQ 5.15.11 release to your
> vote.
> > This is take #2 containing a fix on activemq-osgi build.
> >
> > This release includes dependency updates (especially for CVE/Security
> > fixes), minor improvements, and fixes.
> >
> > Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:
> >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12345958
> >
> > The Maven staging repository is:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1201
> >
> > The dist staging repository is:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.15.11/
> >
> > Git tag:
> > activemq-5.15.11
> >
> > Please vote to approve this release:
> >
> > [ ] +1 Approve the release
> > [ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)
> >
> > This vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
> >
> > Thanks !
> > Regards
> > JB
> >

> --
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> [hidden email]
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.11 release (take #2)

jbonofre
Thanks a lot !

Much appreciated.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.11 release (take #2)

christopher.l.shannon
JB,

Are you still working on the website update and release email for the
release?

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 2:46 PM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thanks a lot !
>
> Much appreciated.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 25/11/2019 19:01, Christopher Shannon wrote:
> > I promoted the artifacts:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/activemq/5.15.11/
> >
> > On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 12:34 PM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> this vote passed with the following result:
> >>
> >> +1 (binding): Dan Kulp, Christopher Shannon, Michael Andre Pearce
> >> +1 (non binding): Jonathan Gallimore, François Papon, Jamie Goodyear,
> >> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> >>
> >> I'm promoting the artifacts on Maven Central and update Jira. One PMC
> >> will help me to push the artifacts on dist.apache.org release.
> >>
> >> I'm preparing a website PR to announce the release.
> >>
> >> Thanks all for your vote.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> JB

> shortly,
> >> vote.

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12345958

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1201

> >> --
> >> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> >> [hidden email]
> >> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> >> Talend - http://www.talend.com
> >>

> --
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> [hidden email]
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.11 release (take #2)

Robbie Gemmell
A PR for site updates
https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/pull/22 was raised, but
some trivial fixups remain outstanding.

Robbie

On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 at 12:00, Christopher Shannon
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> JB,
>
> Are you still working on the website update and release email for the
> release?
>
> On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 2:46 PM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Thanks a lot !
> >
> > Much appreciated.
> >
> > Regards
> > JB
> >
> > On 25/11/2019 19:01, Christopher Shannon wrote:
> > > I promoted the artifacts:
> > > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/activemq/5.15.11/

> > shortly,

> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12345958

> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1201

> > --
> > Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> > [hidden email]
> > http://blog.nanthrax.net
> > Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.11 release (take #2)

jbonofre
I tried to build with Jekyll but it failed on my machine.

I'm resuming my work on the PR. It should be OK to merge tonight or
tomorrow.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.11 release (take #2)

Robbie Gemmell
Since its been over 3 weeks I have just updated the website now,
cherry-picking the commit from your PR and adding another with changes
for my PR feedback and also the generated site output. You can
announce the release now.

Robbie

On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 at 19:55, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I tried to build with Jekyll but it failed on my machine.
>
> I'm resuming my work on the PR. It should be OK to merge tonight or
> tomorrow.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 16/12/2019 17:52, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> > A PR for site updates
> > https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/pull/22 was raised, but
> > some trivial fixups remain outstanding.
> >
> > Robbie
> >
> > On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 at 12:00, Christopher Shannon
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> JB,
> >>
> >> Are you still working on the website update and release email for the
> >> release?

> --
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> [hidden email]
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.11 release (take #2)

Robbie Gemmell
It seems like an announcement never happened. The draft board report
mentions 5.15.12, is that likely to be soon? If it is then its
probably not worth announcing 5.15.11 now given it has been 6 weeks
and folks might be better going to the followup instead.

Robbie

On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 at 15:05, Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Since its been over 3 weeks I have just updated the website now,
> cherry-picking the commit from your PR and adding another with changes
> for my PR feedback and also the generated site output. You can
> announce the release now.
>
> Robbie
>
> On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 at 19:55, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I tried to build with Jekyll but it failed on my machine.
> >
> > I'm resuming my work on the PR. It should be OK to merge tonight or
> > tomorrow.
> >
> > Regards
> > JB
> >
> > On 16/12/2019 17:52, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> > > A PR for site updates
> > > https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/pull/22 was raised, but
> > > some trivial fixups remain outstanding.
> > >
> > > Robbie