[VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.10 release (take #4)

12

[VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.10 release (take #4)

jbonofre
Hi guys,

I'm submitting ActiveMQ 5.15.10 release to your vote.

This release includes dependency updates, and improvements.

Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12345171

The Maven staging repository is:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1196

The dist staging repository is:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.15.10/

Git tag:
activemq-5.15.10

NOTE: I'm preparing a release notes highlights for the website,
especially to mention the updates related to CVE issues.

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)

Thanks !
Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.10 release (take #4)

christopher.l.shannon
+1, this one looks good to me

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 6:21 AM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm submitting ActiveMQ 5.15.10 release to your vote.
>
> This release includes dependency updates, and improvements.
>
> Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:
>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12345171
>
> The Maven staging repository is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1196
>
> The dist staging repository is:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.15.10/
>
> Git tag:
> activemq-5.15.10
>
> NOTE: I'm preparing a release notes highlights for the website,
> especially to mention the updates related to CVE issues.
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release

> Thanks !
> Regards
> JB
> --
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> [hidden email]
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.10 release (take #4)

Colm O hEigeartaigh
+1 (non-binding).

Colm.

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 3:24 PM Christopher Shannon <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1, this one looks good to me
>

> On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 6:21 AM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I'm submitting ActiveMQ 5.15.10 release to your vote.
> >
> > This release includes dependency updates, and improvements.
> >
> > Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:
> >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12345171
> >
> > The Maven staging repository is:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1196
> >
> > The dist staging repository is:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.15.10/
> >
> > Git tag:
> > activemq-5.15.10
> >
> > NOTE: I'm preparing a release notes highlights for the website,
> > especially to mention the updates related to CVE issues.
> >
> > Please vote to approve this release:
> >
> > [ ] +1 Approve the release
> > [ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)
> >
> > This vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
> >
> > Thanks !
> > Regards
> > JB
> > --
> > Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> > [hidden email]
> > http://blog.nanthrax.net
> > Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.10 release (take #4)

clebertsuconic
+1

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 11:59 AM Colm O hEigeartaigh <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1 (non-binding).
>
> Colm.
>
> On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 3:24 PM Christopher Shannon <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > +1, this one looks good to me
> >

> > On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 6:21 AM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi guys,
> > >
> > > I'm submitting ActiveMQ 5.15.10 release to your vote.
> > >
> > > This release includes dependency updates, and improvements.
> > >
> > > Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:
> > >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12345171
> > >
> > > The Maven staging repository is:
> > >

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1196
> > >
> > > The dist staging repository is:
> > > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.15.10/
> > >
> > > Git tag:
> > > activemq-5.15.10
> > >
> > > NOTE: I'm preparing a release notes highlights for the website,
> > > especially to mention the updates related to CVE issues.
> > >
> > > Please vote to approve this release:
> > >
> > > [ ] +1 Approve the release
> > > [ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)
> > >
> > > This vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
> > >
> > > Thanks !
> > > Regards
> > > JB
> > > --
> > > Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> > > [hidden email]
> > > http://blog.nanthrax.net
> > > Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.10 release (take #4)

Krzysztof
+1 (non-binding)

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 6:08 PM Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1
>
> On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 11:59 AM Colm O hEigeartaigh <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > +1 (non-binding).
> >
> > Colm.
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 3:24 PM Christopher Shannon <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > +1, this one looks good to me

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12345171

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1196

> Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.10 release (take #4)

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm submitting ActiveMQ 5.15.10 release to your vote.
>
> This release includes dependency updates, and improvements.
>
> Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12345171
>
> The Maven staging repository is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1196
>
> The dist staging repository is:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.15.10/
>
> Git tag:
> activemq-5.15.10
>
> NOTE: I'm preparing a release notes highlights for the website,
> especially to mention the updates related to CVE issues.
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release

> Thanks !
> Regards
> JB

+1

* Validated signatures and checksums
* Checked binaries for license and notice files
* Validated source headers using apache-rat
* Built from source and ran the tests
* Ran the broker instance from the binary distribution and checked the
web console
* Ran some AMQP client examples against the running broker

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.10 release (take #4)

Francois Papon
+1 (non-binding)Thanks!regards,FrancoisEnvoyé depuis mon smartphone Samsung Galaxy.
-------- Message d'origine --------De : Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> Date : 28/08/2019  12:21  (GMT+01:00) À : [hidden email] Objet : [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.10 release (take #4) Hi guys,I'm submitting ActiveMQ 5.15.10 release to your vote.This release includes dependency updates, and improvements.Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12345171The Maven staging repository is:https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1196The dist staging repository is:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.15.10/Git tag:activemq-5.15.10NOTE: I'm preparing a release notes highlights for the website,especially to mention the updates related to CVE issues.Please vote to approve this release:[ ] +1 Approve the release[ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)This vote will be open for at least 72 hours.Thanks !RegardsJB-- Jean-Baptiste Onofréjbonofre@apache.orghttp://blog.nanthrax.netTalend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.10 release (take #4)

jbonofre
Casting my own +1.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.10 release (take #4)

jgoodyear
+1 (non-binding)

Cheers,
Jamie

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 3:40 AM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Casting my own +1.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 28/08/2019 12:21, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I'm submitting ActiveMQ 5.15.10 release to your vote.
> >
> > This release includes dependency updates, and improvements.
> >
> > Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:
> >
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12345171
> >
> > The Maven staging repository is:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1196
> >
> > The dist staging repository is:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.15.10/
> >
> > Git tag:
> > activemq-5.15.10
> >
> > NOTE: I'm preparing a release notes highlights for the website,
> > especially to mention the updates related to CVE issues.
> >
> > Please vote to approve this release:
> >
> > [ ] +1 Approve the release
> > [ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)
> >
> > This vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
> >
> > Thanks !
> > Regards
> > JB
> >

> --
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> [hidden email]
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.10 release (take #4)

michael.andre.pearce
+1 (binding)

Validated checksum and signatures on binaries

Deployed on windows host, and ran some basic tests with openwire client

Also checked rebuild from tag

Best

Mike

Get Outlook for Android

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 12:41 PM +0100, "Jamie G." <[hidden email]> wrote:

+1 (non-binding)

Cheers,
Jamie

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 3:40 AM Jean-Baptiste Onofré  wrote:

> Casting my own +1.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 28/08/2019 12:21, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I'm submitting ActiveMQ 5.15.10 release to your vote.
> >
> > This release includes dependency updates, and improvements.
> >
> > Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:
> >
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12345171
> >
> > The Maven staging repository is:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1196
> >
> > The dist staging repository is:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.15.10/
> >
> > Git tag:
> > activemq-5.15.10
> >
> > NOTE: I'm preparing a release notes highlights for the website,
> > especially to mention the updates related to CVE issues.
> >
> > Please vote to approve this release:
> >
> > [ ] +1 Approve the release
> > [ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)
> >
> > This vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
> >
> > Thanks !
> > Regards
> > JB
> >

> --
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> [hidden email]
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

[RESULT][VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.10 release (take #4)

jbonofre
Hi guys,

this vote passed with the following result:

+1 (binding): Christopher Shannon, Clebert Suconic, Timothy Bish,
Michael Pearce
+1 (non binding): Colm O'hEigeartaigh, Krzysztof, Jean-Baptiste Onofré,
Jamie Goodyear

I'm promoting the artifacts on Maven Central and dist.apache.org, and
publish schema. I will also update Jira and prepare PR to update the
website (tomorrow). Then, I will send an announcement e-mail.

Now, I'm resuming the work on 5.16.0 !

Thanks all for your vote.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.10 release (take #4)

christopher.l.shannon
Jean-Baptiste,

Are you still working on updating the website and sending a release email?
It's important to get that out as soon as possible after a release is
finished and it's been almost 2 weeks.

On Sun, Sep 1, 2019 at 3:00 PM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> this vote passed with the following result:
>
> +1 (binding): Christopher Shannon, Clebert Suconic, Timothy Bish,
> Michael Pearce
> +1 (non binding): Colm O'hEigeartaigh, Krzysztof, Jean-Baptiste Onofré,
> Jamie Goodyear
>
> I'm promoting the artifacts on Maven Central and dist.apache.org, and
> publish schema. I will also update Jira and prepare PR to update the
> website (tomorrow). Then, I will send an announcement e-mail.
>
> Now, I'm resuming the work on 5.16.0 !
>
> Thanks all for your vote.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 28/08/2019 12:21, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I'm submitting ActiveMQ 5.15.10 release to your vote.
> >
> > This release includes dependency updates, and improvements.
> >
> > Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:
> >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12345171
> >
> > The Maven staging repository is:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1196
> >
> > The dist staging repository is:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.15.10/
> >
> > Git tag:
> > activemq-5.15.10
> >
> > NOTE: I'm preparing a release notes highlights for the website,
> > especially to mention the updates related to CVE issues.
> >
> > Please vote to approve this release:
> >
> > [ ] +1 Approve the release
> > [ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)
> >
> > This vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
> >
> > Thanks !
> > Regards
> > JB
> >

> --
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> [hidden email]
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.10 release (take #4)

jbonofre
Hi Chris,

yes, I'm doing it at same time as I'm at ApacheCon (so a bit busy).

The website update and announcement e-mail will happen very soon.

Sorry for the delay.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.10 release (take #4)

Cesar Hernandez
Thanks for the update Chris.
+1

Atentamente:
César Hernández.

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.10 release (take #4)

jbonofre
Hi guys,

just to let you know that I'm now back from ApacheCon. I will resume
website update and announcement today and tomorrow.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.10 release (take #4)

jbonofre
Hi,

@Chris, following the process, I would need help of a PMC to merge the
website PR. Would you have time later today (PR is on the way) ? I will
send the announcement email when website is ok.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.10 release (take #4)

christopher.l.shannon
Sure, no problem, I can take care of that when you are ready.

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 1:59 AM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>

> @Chris, following the process, I would need help of a PMC to merge the
> website PR. Would you have time later today (PR is on the way) ? I will
> send the announcement email when website is ok.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 16/09/2019 15:11, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > just to let you know that I'm now back from ApacheCon. I will resume
> > website update and announcement today and tomorrow.
> >
> > Regards
> > JB
> >
> > On 12/09/2019 17:02, Cesar Hernandez wrote:
> >> Thanks for the update Chris.
> >> +1
> >>
> >> El jue., 12 sept. 2019 a las 8:45, Jean-Baptiste Onofré (<
> [hidden email]>)

> Onofré,

> and

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12345171

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1196

> --
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> [hidden email]
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.10 release (take #4)

Robbie Gemmell
Possibly you just want someone on the PMC to look at the update before
publishing, hence raising a PR...but just in case, note that unlike
the release repo area you dont need a PMC member to push updates to
the website.

On Thu, 19 Sep 2019 at 06:59, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> @Chris, following the process, I would need help of a PMC to merge the
> website PR. Would you have time later today (PR is on the way) ? I will
> send the announcement email when website is ok.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 16/09/2019 15:11, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > just to let you know that I'm now back from ApacheCon. I will resume
> > website update and announcement today and tomorrow.
> >
> > Regards
> > JB
> >
> > On 12/09/2019 17:02, Cesar Hernandez wrote:
> >> Thanks for the update Chris.
> >> +1

> --
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> [hidden email]
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.10 release (take #4)

christopher.l.shannon
Good point Robbie, any committer should be able to push since it's just
another git project.  But either way I'm happy to review a PR.

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 11:40 AM Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Possibly you just want someone on the PMC to look at the update before
> publishing, hence raising a PR...but just in case, note that unlike
> the release repo area you dont need a PMC member to push updates to
> the website.
>
> On Thu, 19 Sep 2019 at 06:59, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > @Chris, following the process, I would need help of a PMC to merge the
> > website PR. Would you have time later today (PR is on the way) ? I will
> > send the announcement email when website is ok.
> >
> > Regards
> > JB
> >
> > On 16/09/2019 15:11, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
> > > Hi guys,
> > >
> > > just to let you know that I'm now back from ApacheCon. I will resume
> > > website update and announcement today and tomorrow.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > JB

> [hidden email]>)

> is

> [hidden email]>

> Onofré,

> and
> the

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12345171

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1196

> comments)

> > --
> > Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> > [hidden email]
> > http://blog.nanthrax.net
> > Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.15.10 release (take #4)

jbonofre

as ASF member, I can even push directly on repo. However, I prefer to
"four eyes" validation, and not acting as lonesome cowboy ;)

That's why I asked at least Christopher to review (not necessary
push/publish).

It's not a question of karma but community respect.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré