[VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.13.3

christopher.l.shannon
Hi Everyone,

I have created the ActiveMQ 5.13.3 release and it's ready for a vote. This
release has over 25 bug fixes and improvements.

The list of resolved issues is here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12335045

You can get binary distributions here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1091/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/5.13.3/

Source archives are here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1091/org/apache/activemq/activemq-parent/5.13.3/

Maven repository is at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1091/

Source tag:
*https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq.git;a=commit;h=c49ab9fb5117a1adf0d57c0d1150bbff7026aede
<https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq.git;a=commit;h=c49ab9fb5117a1adf0d57c0d1150bbff7026aede>*

Please vote to approve this release.  The vote will remain open for 72
hours.

[ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache ActiveMQ 5.13.3
[ ] -1 (provide specific comments)

Here's my +1

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.13.3

jgenender
+1

Jeff

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.13.3

seijoed
+1

> On Apr 26, 2016, at 9:24 AM, jgenender <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1
>
> Jeff

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.13.3

Jim Gomes
+1

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016, 7:41 AM Christopher Shannon <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have created the ActiveMQ 5.13.3 release and it's ready for a vote. This
> release has over 25 bug fixes and improvements.
>
> The list of resolved issues is here:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12335045
>
> You can get binary distributions here:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1091/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/5.13.3/
>
> Source archives are here:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1091/org/apache/activemq/activemq-parent/5.13.3/
>
> Maven repository is at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1091/
>
> Source tag:
> *
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq.git;a=commit;h=c49ab9fb5117a1adf0d57c0d1150bbff7026aede
> <
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq.git;a=commit;h=c49ab9fb5117a1adf0d57c0d1150bbff7026aede
> >*
>
> Please vote to approve this release.  The vote will remain open for 72
> hours.
>
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache ActiveMQ 5.13.3
> [ ] -1 (provide specific comments)
>
> Here's my +1

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.13.3

Matt Pavlovich-2
+1

On 4/26/16 9:41 AM, Christopher Shannon wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have created the ActiveMQ 5.13.3 release and it's ready for a vote. This
> release has over 25 bug fixes and improvements.
>
> The list of resolved issues is here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12335045
>
> You can get binary distributions here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1091/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/5.13.3/
>
> Source archives are here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1091/org/apache/activemq/activemq-parent/5.13.3/
>
> Maven repository is at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1091/
>
> Source tag:
> *https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq.git;a=commit;h=c49ab9fb5117a1adf0d57c0d1150bbff7026aede
> <https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq.git;a=commit;h=c49ab9fb5117a1adf0d57c0d1150bbff7026aede>*
>
> Please vote to approve this release.  The vote will remain open for 72
> hours.
>
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache ActiveMQ 5.13.3
> [ ] -1 (provide specific comments)
>
> Here's my +1

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.13.3

artnaseef
I keep getting the following test failure on the build:

testSuppression(org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.SelectiveMBeanRegistrationTest)  Time elapsed: 30.616 sec  <<< FAILURE!
java.lang.AssertionError: one sub
        at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:88)
        at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:41)
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.SelectiveMBeanRegistrationTest.testSuppression(SelectiveMBeanRegistrationTest.java:86)
Any thoughts?

Note that I also had failures on another test because that test hard-coded port numbers that were in-use on my system (that's RequestReplyToTopicViaThreeNetworkHopsTest).

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.13.3

christopher.l.shannon
The test failure is not an issue because the test itself is the problem.
It is related to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-6175  Gary fixed
the test in master but it wasn't backported to 5.13.x. (I'll do that now in
case o a 5.13.4)

We have been working gradually on fixing tests with hard coded ports (a lot
have been fixed already) but not all of them have been fixed yet.  Some of
the network tests are more tricky to not rely on hard code ports.

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 5:12 PM, artnaseef <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I keep getting the following test failure on the build:
>

> testSuppression(org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.SelectiveMBeanRegistrationTest)
> > Time elapsed: 30.616 sec  <<< FAILURE!
> > java.lang.AssertionError: one sub
> >         at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:88)
> >         at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:41)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.SelectiveMBeanRegistrationTest.testSuppression(SelectiveMBeanRegistrationTest.java:86)
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Note that I also had failures on another test because that test hard-coded
> port numbers that were in-use on my system (that's
> RequestReplyToTopicViaThreeNetworkHopsTest).

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.13.3

chirino
+1
On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 7:38 AM Christopher Shannon <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> The test failure is not an issue because the test itself is the problem.
> It is related to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-6175  Gary
> fixed
> the test in master but it wasn't backported to 5.13.x. (I'll do that now in
> case o a 5.13.4)
>
> We have been working gradually on fixing tests with hard coded ports (a lot
> have been fixed already) but not all of them have been fixed yet.  Some of
> the network tests are more tricky to not rely on hard code ports.
>
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 5:12 PM, artnaseef <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I keep getting the following test failure on the build:
> >

> testSuppression(org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.SelectiveMBeanRegistrationTest)
> > > Time elapsed: 30.616 sec  <<< FAILURE!
> > > java.lang.AssertionError: one sub
> > >         at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:88)
> > >         at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:41)
> > >         at
> > >

> org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.SelectiveMBeanRegistrationTest.testSuppression(SelectiveMBeanRegistrationTest.java:86)
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > Note that I also had failures on another test because that test
> hard-coded
> > port numbers that were in-use on my system (that's
> > RequestReplyToTopicViaThreeNetworkHopsTest).

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.13.3

+1

* Checked the signatures and checksums
* Checked the LICENSE and NOTICE files
* Built the source and ran the sanity test profile
* Ran the binary build and exercised the web console.

On 04/26/2016 10:41 AM, Christopher Shannon wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have created the ActiveMQ 5.13.3 release and it's ready for a vote. This
> release has over 25 bug fixes and improvements.
>
> The list of resolved issues is here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12335045
>
> You can get binary distributions here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1091/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/5.13.3/
>
> Source archives are here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1091/org/apache/activemq/activemq-parent/5.13.3/
>
> Maven repository is at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1091/
>
> Source tag:
> *https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq.git;a=commit;h=c49ab9fb5117a1adf0d57c0d1150bbff7026aede
> <https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq.git;a=commit;h=c49ab9fb5117a1adf0d57c0d1150bbff7026aede>*
>
> Please vote to approve this release.  The vote will remain open for 72
> hours.
>
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache ActiveMQ 5.13.3
> [ ] -1 (provide specific comments)
>
> Here's my +1

twitter: @tabish121
blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.13.3

Krzysztof Sobkowiak
+1

Regards
Krzysztof

--
Krzysztof Sobkowiak (@ksobkowiak)

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.13.3

artnaseef
OK, so here's my -1

Once that fix is back-ported, please let me know and I'll run the 3.5 hours of tests again ;-).

Otherwise, the build looks really good to me.

Thanks!

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 4:05 AM, christopher.l.shannon [via ActiveMQ] <[hidden email]> wrote:
The test failure is not an issue because the test itself is the problem.
It is related to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-6175  Gary fixed
the test in master but it wasn't backported to 5.13.x. (I'll do that now in
case o a 5.13.4)

We have been working gradually on fixing tests with hard coded ports (a lot
have been fixed already) but not all of them have been fixed yet.  Some of
the network tests are more tricky to not rely on hard code ports.

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 5:12 PM, artnaseef <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I keep getting the following test failure on the build:
>

> testSuppression(org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.SelectiveMBeanRegistrationTest)
> > Time elapsed: 30.616 sec  <<< FAILURE!
> > java.lang.AssertionError: one sub
> >         at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:88)
> >         at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:41)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.SelectiveMBeanRegistrationTest.testSuppression(SelectiveMBeanRegistrationTest.java:86)
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Note that I also had failures on another test because that test hard-coded
> port numbers that were in-use on my system (that's
> RequestReplyToTopicViaThreeNetworkHopsTest).

http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/VOTE-Apache-ActiveMQ-5-13-3-tp4711217p4711270.html
To start a new topic under ActiveMQ - Dev, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from ActiveMQ - Dev, click here.
NAML