[VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.10.0 - Release Candidate 2

12

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.10.0 - Release Candidate 2

tabish121@gmail.com
On 06/09/2014 08:20 PM, artnaseef wrote:

> Everyone voting "+1" -- what about the concern with AMQ-4277?
>
> Especially Claus who marked it as RESOLVED.
>
> Please help me to get this cleared up.

If there's still a problem the right thing to do is reopen and work
towards a unit test and a fix for the next release, v5.10.0 won't be the
last ActiveMQ release ever.

Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.
[hidden email] | www.fusesource.com | www.redhat.com
skype: tabish121 | twitter: @tabish121
blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.10.0 - Release Candidate 2

dejanb
I reopened the issue and mark it for 5.11. I don’t think this issue is a
blocker for this release. Having said that, the vote was open for 5 days
with not -1s, so I’ll close it now and continue with the release.

Dejan Bosanac
----------------------
Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
[hidden email]
Twitter: @dejanb
Blog: http://sensatic.net

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 2:46 AM, Timothy Bish <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 06/09/2014 08:20 PM, artnaseef wrote:
>
>> Everyone voting "+1" -- what about the concern with AMQ-4277?
>>
>> Especially Claus who marked it as RESOLVED.
>>
>> Please help me to get this cleared up.

>>  If there's still a problem the right thing to do is reopen and work
> towards a unit test and a fix for the next release, v5.10.0 won't be the
> last ActiveMQ release ever.
>

> --
> Tim Bish
> Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.
> [hidden email] | www.fusesource.com | www.redhat.com
> skype: tabish121 | twitter: @tabish121
> blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.10.0 - Release Candidate 2

paulgale
I didn't really get an answer to my earlier post regarding AMQ-5174.
Can that be included in ActiveMQ 5.10 too?

Thanks,
Paul

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 7:04 AM, Dejan Bosanac <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I reopened the issue and mark it for 5.11. I don’t think this issue is a
> blocker for this release. Having said that, the vote was open for 5 days
> with not -1s, so I’ll close it now and continue with the release.
>
> Regards
> --
> Dejan Bosanac
> ----------------------
> Red Hat, Inc.
> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
> [hidden email]
> Twitter: @dejanb
> Blog: http://sensatic.net
>

> On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 2:46 AM, Timothy Bish <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On 06/09/2014 08:20 PM, artnaseef wrote:
> >
> >> Everyone voting "+1" -- what about the concern with AMQ-4277?
> >>
> >> Especially Claus who marked it as RESOLVED.
> >>
> >> Please help me to get this cleared up.
> >>

> >> --
> >>
> >>  If there's still a problem the right thing to do is reopen and work
> > towards a unit test and a fix for the next release, v5.10.0 won't be the
> > last ActiveMQ release ever.
> >

> > --
> > Tim Bish
> > Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.
> > [hidden email] | www.fusesource.com | www.redhat.com
> > skype: tabish121 | twitter: @tabish121
> > blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.10.0 - Release Candidate 2

dejanb
Hi Paul,

it’s a new feature request and there’s no work being done on it, so it’s
not something that should block the release. If you can create a patch for
this, it’d speed up the inclusion of it for the future. Contributions are
always more than welcomed.

Dejan Bosanac
----------------------

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 3:09 PM, Paul Gale <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I didn't really get an answer to my earlier post regarding AMQ-5174.
> Can that be included in ActiveMQ 5.10 too?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul
>

> On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 7:04 AM, Dejan Bosanac <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > I reopened the issue and mark it for 5.11. I don’t think this issue is a
> > blocker for this release. Having said that, the vote was open for 5 days
> > with not -1s, so I’ll close it now and continue with the release.
> >
> > Regards
> > --
> > Dejan Bosanac
> > ----------------------
> > Red Hat, Inc.
> > FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
> > [hidden email]
> > Twitter: @dejanb
> > Blog: http://sensatic.net
> > ActiveMQ in Action: http://www.manning.com/snyder/
> >

> > On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 2:46 AM, Timothy Bish <[hidden email]>
> wrote:

> > > towards a unit test and a fix for the next release, v5.10.0 won't be
> the
> > > last ActiveMQ release ever.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Tim Bish
> > > Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.
> > > [hidden email] | www.fusesource.com | www.redhat.com
> > > skype: tabish121 | twitter: @tabish121
> > > blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.10.0 - Release Candidate 2

artnaseef
Thanks Dejan and Tim - I agree this jira entry should not hold up the release.

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.10.0 - Release Candidate 2

artnaseef
+1 (non-binding)

I was hoping to briefly review all of the jira entires, but only managed about 50 of them.  I will try to do more - as "life" permits.

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.10.0 - Release Candidate 2

Claus Ibsen
Hi Arthur

Instead of adding a comment to each jira ticket about the commit. You
can get JIRA to link to it automatic when you click the source sub
tab.

But that requires AFAIR to tell JIRA to do that, and where the source
code is. Maybe INFRA can help with that.

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 3:04 AM, artnaseef <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 (non-binding)
>
> I was hoping to briefly review all of the jira entires, but only managed
> about 50 of them.  I will try to do more - as "life" permits.

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: [hidden email]
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com
hawtio: http://hawt.io/
fabric8: http://fabric8.io/

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.10.0 - Release Candidate 2

jbonofre

I started to work on it, I will keep you posted later today.

Regards
JB

On 06/08/2014 12:35 AM, Krzysztof Sobkowiak wrote:

> I think, one of the Karaf experts should look at this if this is really
> an ActiveMQ issue. I'm not a Karaf expert but I feel this is rather an
> issue of Karaf & Equinox and installation of ActiveMQ only triggers this
> problem.
>
> On 07.06.2014 20:30, artnaseef wrote:
>> Thank you for the clarification.  I have re-opened AMQ-4794 and removed the
>> "fixed-in" tag for 5.10.

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.10.0 - Release Candidate 2

jbonofre
+1 (non binding)

I will fix the "Karaf/Equinox related" issue for the next release.

Regards
JB

On 06/05/2014 04:08 PM, Dejan Bosanac wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I've just cut a second release candidate for the 5.10.0 release. This
> release has
> 232 bug fixes and improvements.
>
> Could you review the artifacts and vote?
>
> The list of resolved issues is here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20AMQ%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%205.10.0%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Resolved%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC
>

> You can get binary distributions here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1007/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/5.10.0/
>
> Source archives are here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1007/org/apache/activemq/activemq-parent/5.10.0/
>
> Maven2 repository is at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1007/
>
> Source tag:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq.git;a=commit;h=58dd93e42e7405768fd89154ff94b45ac71f151f
>

> Please vote to approve this release
>
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache ActiveMQ 5.10.0
>
> Here's my +1
>
> Regards
> --
> Dejan Bosanac
> ----------------------
> Red Hat, Inc.
> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
> [hidden email]
> Twitter: @dejanb
> Blog: http://sensatic.net

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.10.0 - Release Candidate 2

dkulp

On Jun 11, 2014, at 1:56 AM, Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Instead of adding a comment to each jira ticket about the commit. You
> can get JIRA to link to it automatic when you click the source sub
> tab.
>
> But that requires AFAIR to tell JIRA to do that, and where the source
> code is. Maybe INFRA can help with that.

I think I just managed to fix this…..

I’m seeing stuff on the Source tab for some of the recent things:

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp

12