Using larger messages (128k-512k)

Kevin Burton
What are the downsides to using larger messages with ActiveMQ.

Most of my messages now are small.  Usually less than 1k …

However, I’m considering saving some code state and re-trying some tasks as
continuations because some of them are dependent.

The total transaction throughput will stay the same, but the message sizes
will be bigger.

So I think one issue is that LevelDB will be doing more disk throughput.

Are there any performance implications here?  I’m more worried about making
a really bad architectural decision and having my performance fall through
the floor.

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*