UseDedicatedTaskRunner configuration

alprausch77
Hello.

The documentation
(http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-configure-10s-of-1000s-of-queues-in-a-single-broker-.html)
states that the DedicatedTaskRunner is disabled by default from 5.6 onwards.
This is true if the ActiveMQ is started directly, e.g. with "activemq.bat
start".

But if the ActiveMQ is started as a windows service from the wrapper.exe the
DedicatedTaskRunner is still activated because the wrapper.conf has
following entry:
wrapper.java.additional.8=-Dorg.apache.activemq.UseDedicatedTaskRunner=true

Question: is there a reason why the DedicatedTaskRunner is configured
differently for a standard AMQ start vs. service?
If so, can someone please explain it to me.

If the DedicatedTaskRunner should also be disabled for the service wrapper
than the default configuration should be changed accordingly.

Re: UseDedicatedTaskRunner configuration

gtully
that looks like a bug, the default configuration should be consistent
across the start scripts

On Wed, 3 Jan 2018 at 13:41 alprausch77 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> The documentation
> (
> http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-configure-10s-of-1000s-of-queues-in-a-single-broker-.html
> )
> states that the DedicatedTaskRunner is disabled by default from 5.6
> onwards.
> This is true if the ActiveMQ is started directly, e.g. with "activemq.bat
> start".
>
> But if the ActiveMQ is started as a windows service from the wrapper.exe
> the
> DedicatedTaskRunner is still activated because the wrapper.conf has
> following entry:
> wrapper.java.additional.8=-Dorg.apache.activemq.UseDedicatedTaskRunner=true
>
> Question: is there a reason why the DedicatedTaskRunner is configured
> differently for a standard AMQ start vs. service?
> If so, can someone please explain it to me.
>
> If the DedicatedTaskRunner should also be disabled for the service wrapper
> than the default configuration should be changed accordingly.
>

> --
> Sent from:

Re: UseDedicatedTaskRunner configuration

Tim Bain
Joachim, would you mind submitting a bug report in JIRA for this issue?

alprausch77

Re: UseDedicatedTaskRunner configuration

Tim Bain
Great, thank you for doing that.