Unable to connect to remote host IP:port using Apache Active MQ Message Broker

Unable to connect to remote host IP:port using Apache Active MQ Message Broker

balan.karuppasamy
Hello,

In *conf/activemq.xml* , we have below configuration to connect with remote
host and port.

 <transportConnectors>
  <transportConnector name=&quot;openwire&quot;
uri=&quot;&lt;b>tcp://<remote_host>:<port>*?maximumConnections=1000&amp;wireFormat.maxFrameSize=104857600"/>

  </transportConnectors>

In *bin/env* , we have below configuration to connect with remote host and
port.

if [ -z "$ACTIVEMQ_QUEUEMANAGERURL" ]; then
     ACTIVEMQ_QUEUEMANAGERURL="--amqurl *tcp://<remote_host>:<port>*"
fi

When we run active MQ console from bin directory as below

*./activemq console*

We are getting below error

WARN | Exception encountered during context initialization - cancelling
refresh attempt: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name
'org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService#0' defined in class path
resource [activemq.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception
is java.io.IOException: Transport Connector could not be registered in JMX:
java.io.IOException: *Failed to bind to server socket:
tcp://<remote_host>:<port>*?maximumConnections=1000&wireFormat.maxFrameSize=104857600
due to: java.net.BindException: *Cannot assign requested address (Bind
failed)*
ERROR: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute start task. Reason:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: BeanFactory not initialized or already
closed - call 'refresh' before accessing beans via the ApplicationContext
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute start task. Reason:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: BeanFactory not initialized or already
closed - call 'refresh' before accessing beans via the ApplicationContext

Can you please let us know for any pointers that we need to consider.

In network connection setup, from our server we are connecting to vendor
server, from which , we are connecting to remote host and port.

Also, in order to receive from the remote host, let us know where the Apache
Active MQ message broker should run.

1. In our local server.
2. In Vendor server.
3. In Remote server.

Thanks,
Balan

Re: Unable to connect to remote host IP:port using Apache Active MQ Message Broker

artnaseef
Try 'netstat -an'

It appears something else is already using that port.