Unable to configure Network of brokers successfully with AMQP

Unable to configure Network of brokers successfully with AMQP

ashru.moh
Hi,

I am trying to setup an active mq cluster as "network of brokers" and facing some issues in getting it to success if I use AMQP protocol ( between consumer, producer and brokers). And With TCP/Openwire it seems to be working fine. I am using 5.8.0 version of Active MQ.

Looking for some valuable input from  activemq users to resolve it.  More details below:

As of now, I've 2 brokers ( lets says broker-1 and broker-2)  running on  host-a and host-b with the following configuration details

 1. Have enabled both AMQP and TCP in transportConnectors
 2. Advisory Support is enabled.
 3. Persistance  enabled ( kahaDB).
 4. As far as Network connectors is concerned, have enabled duplex.

 Here's the behavior I see:

 1.  if consumer & ( end ) producers uses TCP/Openwire protocol to send/receive messages. And network connector is configured to use TCP/Openwire - everything seems to be working fine.  Any messages posted to Broker 1 is being reived by  Broker2 if the end consumer is connected to broker2

          <networkConnectors>
             <networkConnector uri="static:(tcp://host-b:61616)" duplex="true"/>
        </networkConnectors>

 2. Now if consumer & (end) producers uses AMQP protocol to send/receive message. And Network Connector is configured to use AMQP, it doesn't seem to be working.

Any messages sends to the Broker1(at Host-a)  gets stuck, if consumer is connected to Broker2(at host-b).  I don't even see Broker2 connected to Broker1 as a Network Connector consumer.

          <networkConnectors>
             <networkConnector uri="static:(amqp://host-b:5672)" duplex="true"/>
        </networkConnectors>

 I would like to know if am running into any known limitation or I've configured it incorrectly. Kindly  suggest.

Re: Unable to configure Network of brokers successfully with AMQP

tabish121@gmail.com
ActiveMQ Network connections  are only supported using the OpenWire
protocol so you need to use something along the lines of your first
configuration:

           <networkConnectors>
              <networkConnector uri="static:(tcp://host-b:61616)"
duplex="true"/>
         </networkConnectors>

The clients can use AMQP etc to connect to a given broker provided the
corresponding TransportConnector is configured.

On 01/07/2015 05:31 PM, ashru.moh wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to setup an active mq cluster as "network of brokers" and facing
> some issues in getting it to success if I use AMQP protocol ( between
> consumer, producer and brokers). And With TCP/Openwire it seems to be
> working fine. I am using 5.8.0 version of Active MQ.
>
> Looking for some valuable input from  activemq users to resolve it.  More
> details below:
>
> As of now, I've 2 brokers ( lets says broker-1 and broker-2)  running on
> host-a and host-b with the following configuration details
>
>   1. Have enabled both AMQP and TCP in transportConnectors
>   2. Advisory Support is enabled.
>   3. Persistance  enabled ( kahaDB).
>   4. As far as Network connectors is concerned, have enabled duplex.
>

>   Here's the behavior I see:
>
>   1.  if consumer & ( end ) producers uses TCP/Openwire protocol to
> send/receive messages. And network connector is configured to use
> TCP/Openwire - everything seems to be working fine.  Any messages posted to
> Broker 1 is being reived by  Broker2 if the end consumer is connected to
> broker2
>
>            <networkConnectors>
>               <networkConnector uri="static:(tcp://host-b:61616)"
> duplex="true"/>
>          </networkConnectors>
>
>   2. Now if consumer & (end) producers uses AMQP protocol to send/receive
> message. And Network Connector is configured to use AMQP, it doesn't seem to
> be working.
>
> Any messages sends to the Broker1(at Host-a)  gets stuck, if consumer is
> connected to Broker2(at host-b).  I don't even see Broker2 connected to
> Broker1 as a Network Connector consumer.
>
>            <networkConnectors>
>               <networkConnector uri="static:(amqp://host-b:5672)"
> duplex="true"/>
>          </networkConnectors>
>
>   I would like to know if am running into any known limitation or I've
> configured it incorrectly. Kindly  suggest.

Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.
[hidden email] | www.redhat.com
skype: tabish121 | twitter: @tabish121
blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: Unable to configure Network of brokers successfully with AMQP

ashru.moh
Thank you for the quick response.

So can I still have clients ( producers and end consumers) connected to the broker using AMQP, but network connectors use Openwire??

Is there anything special flag/options  I need to add to the transport connector configuration to make this work ( i.e. using AMQP between Clients and Broker; And Openwire between brokers).  I think i tried this, but didn't work initially.

   <transportConnectors>
            <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://0.0.0.0:61618"/>

            <transportConnector name="amqp+ssl" uri="amqp+ssl://0.0.0.0:5671?maximumConnections=1000&amp;wireformat.maxFrameSize=104857600&amp;transport.transformer=jms"/>

   </transportConnectors>

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 2:46 PM, [hidden email] [via ActiveMQ] <[hidden email]> wrote:
ActiveMQ Network connections  are only supported using the OpenWire
protocol so you need to use something along the lines of your first
configuration:

           <networkConnectors>
              <networkConnector uri="static:(tcp://host-b:61616)"
duplex="true"/>
         </networkConnectors>

The clients can use AMQP etc to connect to a given broker provided the
corresponding TransportConnector is configured.

On 01/07/2015 05:31 PM, ashru.moh wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to setup an active mq cluster as "network of brokers" and facing
> some issues in getting it to success if I use AMQP protocol ( between
> consumer, producer and brokers). And With TCP/Openwire it seems to be
> working fine. I am using 5.8.0 version of Active MQ.
>
> Looking for some valuable input from  activemq users to resolve it.  More
> details below:
>
> As of now, I've 2 brokers ( lets says broker-1 and broker-2)  running on
> host-a and host-b with the following configuration details
>
>   1. Have enabled both AMQP and TCP in transportConnectors
>   2. Advisory Support is enabled.
>   3. Persistance  enabled ( kahaDB).
>   4. As far as Network connectors is concerned, have enabled duplex.
>

>   Here's the behavior I see:
>
>   1.  if consumer & ( end ) producers uses TCP/Openwire protocol to
> send/receive messages. And network connector is configured to use
> TCP/Openwire - everything seems to be working fine.  Any messages posted to
> Broker 1 is being reived by  Broker2 if the end consumer is connected to
> broker2
>
>            <networkConnectors>
>               <networkConnector uri="static:(tcp://host-b:61616)"
> duplex="true"/>
>          </networkConnectors>
>
>   2. Now if consumer & (end) producers uses AMQP protocol to send/receive
> message. And Network Connector is configured to use AMQP, it doesn't seem to
> be working.
>
> Any messages sends to the Broker1(at Host-a)  gets stuck, if consumer is
> connected to Broker2(at host-b).  I don't even see Broker2 connected to
> Broker1 as a Network Connector consumer.
>
>            <networkConnectors>
>               <networkConnector uri="static:(amqp://host-b:5672)"
> duplex="true"/>
>          </networkConnectors>
>
>   I would like to know if am running into any known limitation or I've
> configured it incorrectly. Kindly  suggest.

Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.
[hidden email] | www.redhat.com
skype: tabish121 | twitter: @tabish121
blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/Unable-to-configure-Network-of-brokers-successfully-with-AMQP-tp4689623p4689624.html
To unsubscribe from Unable to configure Network of brokers successfully with AMQP, click here.
NAML

Re: Unable to configure Network of brokers successfully with AMQP

ashru.moh
Thank you. it worked!