Topics usage on network of brokers.

Eric-AWL
Hi

With 5.4.2.

I have 3 Java processes

A : embedded broker in a process that contains a producer and a consumer on a topic
B : embedded broker in a process that contains a consumer on this topic
C : process that contains a consumer on this topic

C is connected (TCP) on B's embedded broker

B's embedded broker is connected with a duplex network of broker connection on A's embedded broker
      <networkConnector name="recetteSIB-BSV-OUT-IN"
                        uri="multicast://default?group=recetteSIB-BSV"
                        networkTTL="1"
                        conduitSubscriptions="false"
                        dynamicOnly="true"
                        duplex="true"/>

When C is stopped, when A produces a message
     A receives it once
     B receives it once

when C is started, when A produces a message
    A receives it once
    B and C receives it twice

Is it normal ?

Eric-AWL

Re: Topics usage on network of brokers.

Eric-AWL
Ok, I think it's a problem that is signaled with Topic and conduitSubscriptions set to false (what I need for selectors and queue load balancing)

I think it's the A's embedded broker which sees 2 consumers on B's broker and decides to send 2 messages because conduitSubscription is false.

It's strange.

I will add a mechanism that deletes the doubles, but I think that it should be integrated in network of broker usual usage.

Eric-AWL

Re: Topics usage on network of brokers.

gtully
You can configure separate network connectors for topics and queues if you
need conduit subscription false.