Topic and Queue with same address

politrons
We are having an issue since we´re using Tibco for production environment and ActiveMQ for our local environment. Everything has work fine until one of our queues has been assigned with the same name than a topic. After that we´ve start having issues with JNDI on aciveMQ. On Tibco seems like works fine.

     java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQTopic cannot be cast to javax.jms.Queue

Here is where I define my topic and queue

        String PAYMENT_TOPIC = "XXX.Payment.YY.JSON.V2_0";
        String PAYMENT_QUEUE = "XXX.Payment.YY.JSON.V2_0";

And here how I create the queue

         InitialContext jndi = new InitialContext(env);
        final Queue queue = (Queue) jndi.lookup(queueName);

In ActiveMQ it´s possible has a topic and queue with the same address?

Regards.

Re: Topic and Queue with same address

chirino
Interesting. Are you saying you want 1 object that can be cast to Queue and
Topic?

On Tuesday, November 3, 2015, politrons <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We are having an issue since we´re using Tibco for production environment
> and
> ActiveMQ for our local environment. Everything has work fine until one of
> our queues has been assigned with the same name than a topic. After that
> we´ve start having issues with JNDI on aciveMQ. On Tibco seems like works
> fine.
>
>      java.lang.ClassCastException:
> org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQTopic
> cannot be cast to javax.jms.Queue
>
> Here is where I define my topic and queue
>
>         String PAYMENT_TOPIC = "XXX.Payment.YY.JSON.V2_0";
>         String PAYMENT_QUEUE = "XXX.Payment.YY.JSON.V2_0";
>
> And here how I create the queue
>
>          InitialContext jndi = new InitialContext(env);
>         final Queue queue = (Queue) jndi.lookup(queueName);
>

> In ActiveMQ it´s possible has a topic and queue with the same address?
>
> Regards.

Hiram Chirino
Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.