Too much "subscription MBeans" => OOM.

Eric-AWL
Hi !

My components are in a full network of brokers situation. On some of them, I have an "OutOfMemory" Error. When I look into the JMAP dump, I see that a lot of "MBeanServerNotification" objects are created (more than 50MB of JMX ActiveMQ objects !). A lot of them are "Subscription" MBeans.

Can someone explain me what is exactly a "subscription MBean". Is it associated to a session, to a consumer, to a client part of an exchange ???

Thank you in advance.
Eric-AWL

Re: Too much "subscription MBeans" => OOM.

rajdavies
A subscription is the broker side representation of a MessageConsumer
- which version - and could you send the JMAP dump ?

cheers,

Rob
On 22 Feb 2010, at 10:40, Eric-AWL wrote:

> Hi !
>
> My components are in a full network of brokers situation. On some of
> them, I
> have an "OutOfMemory" Error. When I look into the JMAP dump, I see
> that a
> lot of "MBeanServerNotification" objects are created (more than 50MB
> of JMX
> ActiveMQ objects !). A lot of them are "Subscription" MBeans.
>
> Can someone explain me what is exactly a "subscription MBean". Is it
> associated to a session, to a consumer, to a client part of an
> exchange ???
>

> Thank you in advance.
> Eric-AWL

Rob Davies
http://twitter.com/rajdavies
I work here: http://fusesource.com
My Blog: http://rajdavies.blogspot.com/

Re: Too much "subscription MBeans" => OOM.

Eric-AWL
Hi Rob

Thank you very much.

We work with a 5.2 version.
I have to verify that it isn't our own development that create far too much MessageConsumers.

Eric-AWL

rajdavies wrote
A subscription is the broker side representation of a MessageConsumer
- which version - and could you send the JMAP dump ?

cheers,

Rob
On 22 Feb 2010, at 10:40, Eric-AWL wrote:

> Hi !
>
> My components are in a full network of brokers situation. On some of
> them, I
> have an "OutOfMemory" Error. When I look into the JMAP dump, I see
> that a
> lot of "MBeanServerNotification" objects are created (more than 50MB
> of JMX
> ActiveMQ objects !). A lot of them are "Subscription" MBeans.
>
> Can someone explain me what is exactly a "subscription MBean". Is it
> associated to a session, to a consumer, to a client part of an
> exchange ???
>

> Thank you in advance.
> Eric-AWL

Rob Davies
http://twitter.com/rajdavies
I work here: http://fusesource.com
My Blog: http://rajdavies.blogspot.com/

Re: Too much "subscription MBeans" => OOM.

Eric-AWL
No. I don't understand.

I'm not sure of the current configuration, but it's strange

2 groups of developers. One network of broker where each component has a transport and a network connector with the same multicast group

On components developed by the first group of developers :
2341 ObjectNames (I think it's OK when I count my consumers, queues, topics, advisory queues ...)
146 MBeanServerNotifications

On components developed by the second group of developers :
72049 Object Names.
127956 MBeanServerNotification
I think the most of ObjectNames are the subscription MBeans.

Eric-AWL

Re: Too much "subscription MBeans" => OOM.

rajdavies
might be worth trying with latest 5.3.1 snapshot - with networks,
there was a problem where subscriptions weren't being cleaned up
properly