Stomp & HornetQ

Jeff Mesnil
Hi,

We (Red Hat) released HornetQ 2.0.0 yesterday and one of the first complaints was that it was not working with Stomp.

To check it, I created a simple project[1] using StompConnect to create a fully functional Stomp server by embedding HornetQ and StompConnect in a single VM and it worked great!

http://jmesnil.net/weblog/2010/01/14/using-stomp-with-hornetq/

Thank you guys for Stomp and StompConnect.
By leveraging your work, clients are not limited to Java to use HornetQ.

regards,
jeff

p.s.: we also plan to provide native Stomp support in our next release https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/HORNETQ-129

[1] git clone git://github.com/jmesnil/hornetq-stomp.git

Re: Stomp & HornetQ

dejanb
Hi,

great to hear you're supporting Stomp and find StompConnect useful.

Not sure if you're aware that we moved protocol spec to Apache (http://activemq.apache.org/stomp/) and have 1.1 version of the protocol in the making (some of ideas for improvements can be found here http://stomp.codehaus.org/Stomp+v1.1+Ideas).

It'd be great to have your contributions as well.

Cheers

Blog - http://www.nighttale.net