Should master/slave brokers share tmp_storage directory?

Should master/slave brokers share tmp_storage directory?

Devlin
This post was updated on .
It's my understanding with kahadb the store folder location is shared between
master and slave brokers using the following config:

    <persistenceAdapter>
            <kahaDB  directory="/mystore/kahadb"/>
   </persistenceAdapter>

Why is it that temp storage does not use the same, shared location? By
default, the location for tmp_storage appears to be local to the broker
itself, from our broker log:

PListStore: /opt/activemq/data/amqdata/seattlebroker-a1/tmp_storage] started

Is it ok to share the temp storage location for all broker in the same master/slave group?

<broker tmpDataDirectory="/mystore/kahadb/tmp_storage"/>

Re: Should master/slave brokers share tmp_storage directory?

Tim Bain
No, it should not be shared between brokers.

The temp store is for holding content that overflows from the memory store.
The memory store contains only non-persistent messages, which do not
survive a broker restart (or a failover), so the temp store should not
either.

Tim