Scheduler exception java.io.IOException: Could not locate data file

Scheduler exception java.io.IOException: Could not locate data file

Ishitori
Hi, I use ActiveMQ 5.5.0 and I use AciveMQ scheduler to organize delayed delivery. I found exceptions like that in my broker logs:

2012-03-02 03:26:08,234 | ERROR | JMS Failed to schedule job | org.apache.activemq.broker.scheduler.JobSchedulerImpl | JobScheduler:JMS
java.io.IOException: Could not locate data file <correct-file-path>\db-2.log
        at org.apache.kahadb.journal.Journal.getDataFile(Journal.java:350)
        at org.apache.kahadb.journal.Journal.read(Journal.java:597)
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.scheduler.JobSchedulerStore.getPayload(JobSchedulerStore.java:315)
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.scheduler.JobSchedulerImpl.fireJob(JobSchedulerImpl.java:421)
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.scheduler.JobSchedulerImpl.mainLoop(JobSchedulerImpl.java:473)
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.scheduler.JobSchedulerImpl.run(JobSchedulerImpl.java:429)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The path to the folder is correct, but there is no db-2.log file in the folder. Why that could happen?

Re: Scheduler exception java.io.IOException: Could not locate data file

Ishitori
Is it possible to recover database? I found that there are special configuration that could help restore main ActiveMQ database.

<persistenceAdapter>
            <kahaDB directory="${activemq.base}/data/kahadb"
                    ignoreMissingJournalfiles="true"
                    checkForCorruptJournalFiles="true"
                    checksumJournalFiles="true" />
</persistenceAdapter>

But I can't see if that is working for scheduler database. Can anyone confirm that? Or is there a special configuration parameter for restoring scheduler database?

Re: Scheduler exception java.io.IOException: Could not locate data file

gtully
The schedular store does not support those options at the moment, we
may need to look at merging the stores or migrating the schedular
store into the regular kahadb store....
can you raise an enhancement jira to track this?
All contributions welcome of course!

http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com

Re: Scheduler exception java.io.IOException: Could not locate data file

Ishitori
Created a ticket in Jira - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-3758

I would love to fix this problem, but I am no a Java developer. :(