STOMP - transacted session

freetwix
dear friends of the messaging,

i did yet not find a solution for a stomp client to use the phantastic redelivery policies described as features for a consumer. is there a way to use/define transacted session via a stomp connect?

this would be great cause all delayed delivery with support from the message broker seems to be build around the transacted session stuff.

or did i miss anything?

greets,
jochen

Re: STOMP - transacted session

dejanb
Hi Jochen,

try using transactions using 5.3-SNAPSHOT, it should work.

Take a look at this article for example
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ACTIVEMQ/How+do+I+unack+the+message+with+Stomp

Cheers
--
Dejan Bosanac

Blog - http://www.nighttale.net

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 11:30 AM, freetwix <[hidden email]> wrote:

> dear friends of the messaging,
>
> i did yet not find a solution for a stomp client to use the phantastic
> redelivery policies described as features for a consumer. is there a way to
> use/define transacted session via a stomp connect?
>
> this would be great cause all delayed delivery with support from the
> message
> broker seems to be build around the transacted session stuff.
>
> or did i miss anything?
>
> greets,
> jochen

Re: STOMP - transacted session

freetwix
hey dejan,

thats good news, thankx for the fixes.

greets,
jochen

Re: STOMP - transacted session

freetwix
hey dejan,

after thinking about the stomp ack described on the wiki page i have some points to mention. As far is i understand the behaviour of jms transacted sessions, the big advantage is the use of the message broker for delayed delivery.
for me this was understood as a message broker support for delayment, incl. max delivery tries and some multiplier logic for the delayment of the redeliveries; and delayment means, it would not be send in an ordered manner but in a timed manner.
i thought redelivery in the message broker is a solution which disburdens a consumer which maybe communicates with an external, sometimes broken api, from the need of dispatching this event to another layer of event handling which is executed in a different interval (like 'try it every 30 minutes').
the consumer ack is a cool feature, but the use of (somehow) transacted stomp sessions would be very interesting, too.
though i have no idea how this would fit into the stomp protocol in general.

thx,
jochen