Running Artemis locally from intellij

Havret
Hi,

Is there any guide (sth similar to
https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/2.0.0/hacking-guide/ide.html)
describing how to run Artemis locally with debugger attached?

Thanks,
Krzysztof

Re: Running Artemis locally from intellij

Justin Bertram
In the default <ARTEMIS_INSTANCE>/etc/artemis.profile there are these lines:

  # Debug args: Uncomment to enable debug

#DEBUG_ARGS="-agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=5005"

Uncomment the second line and then start a debugging session in your IDE
and point it to localhost:5005.

Justin

On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 11:00 AM Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any guide (sth similar to
>
> https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/2.0.0/hacking-guide/ide.html
> )
> describing how to run Artemis locally with debugger attached?
>
> Thanks,
> Krzysztof

Re: Running Artemis locally from intellij

Havret
I see, so there is no easy way to build it and run it directly from IDE? On
the other hand, I'm still struggling with having it built. Any guidance on
this? It might be useful for new, potential contributors.

On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 7:58 PM Justin Bertram <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In the default <ARTEMIS_INSTANCE>/etc/artemis.profile there are these
> lines:
>
>   # Debug args: Uncomment to enable debug
>

> #DEBUG_ARGS="-agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=5005"
>
> Uncomment the second line and then start a debugging session in your IDE
> and point it to localhost:5005.
>

> Justin
>
> On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 11:00 AM Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there any guide (sth similar to
> >

> https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/2.0.0/hacking-guide/ide.html
> > )
> > describing how to run Artemis locally with debugger attached?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Krzysztof

Re: Running Artemis locally from intellij

jbertram
Instructions for building are also in the hacking guide [1]. On my box I
typically use the "-DskipTests" flag to speed up the build.

If you actually want to run the broker directly from the IDE the simplest
way is probably using a test-case. See this test for example [2]. This is
also mentioned in the hacking guide [3].

Justin

[1]
http://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/latest/hacking-guide/building.html
[3]
https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/blob/master/tests/integration-tests/src/test/java/org/apache/activemq/artemis/tests/integration/SimpleTest.java
[2]
http://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/latest/hacking-guide/tests.html

On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 1:39 PM Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I see, so there is no easy way to build it and run it directly from IDE? On
> the other hand, I'm still struggling with having it built. Any guidance on
> this? It might be useful for new, potential contributors.
>

> On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 7:58 PM Justin Bertram <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > In the default <ARTEMIS_INSTANCE>/etc/artemis.profile there are these
> > lines:
> >
> >   # Debug args: Uncomment to enable debug
> >

> #DEBUG_ARGS="-agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=5005"
> >
> > Uncomment the second line and then start a debugging session in your IDE
> > and point it to localhost:5005.
> >

> > Justin
> >
> > On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 11:00 AM Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Is there any guide (sth similar to
> > >

> https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/2.0.0/hacking-guide/ide.html
> > > )
> > > describing how to run Artemis locally with debugger attached?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Krzysztof

Re: Running Artemis locally from intellij

Havret
Hi Justin,

When I try to run $ mvn package I'm getting the following error:

Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.1:compile
(default-compile) on project artemis-core-client: Fatal error compiling

The same is when I run tests using maven: $ mvn -Ptests test

When I try to run tests from IDE I get these compilation errors:

Error:(24, 55) java: package
org.apache.activemq.artemis.selector.hyphenated does not exist
Error:(25, 51) java: package org.apache.activemq.artemis.selector.strict
does not exist
Error:(68, 13) java: cannot find symbol
  symbol:   class HyphenatedParser
  location: class org.apache.activemq.artemis.selector.impl.SelectorParser
Error:(68, 43) java: cannot find symbol
  symbol:   class HyphenatedParser
  location: class org.apache.activemq.artemis.selector.impl.SelectorParser
Error:(71, 13) java: cannot find symbol
  symbol:   class StrictParser
  location: class org.apache.activemq.artemis.selector.impl.SelectorParser
Error:(71, 39) java: cannot find symbol
  symbol:   class StrictParser
  location: class org.apache.activemq.artemis.selector.impl.SelectorParser

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Krzysztof

On Sun, Dec 29, 2019 at 4:34 AM Justin Bertram <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Instructions for building are also in the hacking guide [1]. On my box I
> typically use the "-DskipTests" flag to speed up the build.
>
> If you actually want to run the broker directly from the IDE the simplest
> way is probably using a test-case. See this test for example [2]. This is
> also mentioned in the hacking guide [3].
>

> Justin
>
> [1]
>
> http://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/latest/hacking-guide/building.html
> [3]
>
> https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/blob/master/tests/integration-tests/src/test/java/org/apache/activemq/artemis/tests/integration/SimpleTest.java
> [2]
>
> http://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/latest/hacking-guide/tests.html
>
> On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 1:39 PM Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I see, so there is no easy way to build it and run it directly from IDE?
> On
> > the other hand, I'm still struggling with having it built. Any guidance
> on
> > this? It might be useful for new, potential contributors.
> >

> > On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 7:58 PM Justin Bertram <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > In the default <ARTEMIS_INSTANCE>/etc/artemis.profile there are these
> > > lines:
> > >
> > >   # Debug args: Uncomment to enable debug
> > >

> #DEBUG_ARGS="-agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=5005"
> > >
> > > Uncomment the second line and then start a debugging session in your
> IDE
> > > and point it to localhost:5005.
> > >

> > > Justin

> https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/2.0.0/hacking-guide/ide.html

Re: Running Artemis locally from intellij

jdanek
On Sun, Dec 29, 2019 at 3:36 PM Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Justin,
>
> When I try to run $ mvn package I'm getting the following error:
>
> Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.1:compile
> (default-compile) on project artemis-core-client: Fatal error compiling
>
> The same is when I run tests using maven: $ mvn -Ptests test
>
> When I try to run tests from IDE I get these compilation errors:
>
> Error:(24, 55) java: package
> org.apache.activemq.artemis.selector.hyphenated does not exist
> Error:(25, 51) java: package org.apache.activemq.artemis.selector.strict
> does not exist

This is because the files should be generated during the build process, but
intellij does not generate them. There are three options what to do

1) click the "Generate sources and update folders for all projects" button
on the Maven panel
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54868822/generate-sources-and-update-folders-for-all-projects,
or invoke the action through the Ctrl-Shift-A or triple-shift shortcut
dialog https://blog.jetbrains.com/idea/2009/06/find-action-saves-time/.
2) run `mvn generate`, because both intellij and maven use the ./target
directories for build results

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
Jiri Daněk

Re: Running Artemis locally from intellij

Havret
Thanks Jiri, I think I'm getting onto sth. I was able to build the whole
thing, and run the tests, but most of them are failing with this error:

ActiveMQNotConnectedException[errorType=NOT_CONNECTED message=AMQ219007:
Cannot connect to server(s). Tried with all available servers.

On Sun, Dec 29, 2019, 16:50 Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Jiri, I think I'm getting onto sth. I was able to build the whole
> thing, and run the tests, but most of them are failing with this error:
>
> ActiveMQNotConnectedException[errorType=NOT_CONNECTED message=AMQ219007:
> Cannot connect to server(s). Tried with all available servers.

I'm guessing firewall. Connect ions from localhost to localhost tcp port
5672, 61616 and some other (depending on protocol tested) must be permitted.

Most JUnit tests in the project bring up the entire server then connect to
it (which is quite fast, actually.)

There is a 'sudo ip route' command in the readme that might be necessary to
perform to run some clustering tests/examples.

Re: Running Artemis locally from intellij

Havret
I can bind to 5672 or 61616 on localhost (I can spin a simple http server
on either port)  but the tests are still failing. From the log it seems
that some file is locked.

[main] 20:02:33,287 ERROR [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server]
AMQ224000: Failure in initialisation: java.io.IOException: The process
cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the
file
[main] 20:02:43,497 ERROR [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server]
AMQ224068: Unable to stop component:
org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server.impl.LiveOnlyActivation:

On Sun, Dec 29, 2019 at 5:16 PM Jiri Daněk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 29, 2019, 16:50 Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Jiri, I think I'm getting onto sth. I was able to build the whole
> > thing, and run the tests, but most of them are failing with this error:
> >
> > ActiveMQNotConnectedException[errorType=NOT_CONNECTED message=AMQ219007:
> > Cannot connect to server(s). Tried with all available servers.
> >

> I'm guessing firewall. Connect ions from localhost to localhost tcp port
> 5672, 61616 and some other (depending on protocol tested) must be
> permitted.
>
> Most JUnit tests in the project bring up the entire server then connect to
> it (which is quite fast, actually.)
>
> There is a 'sudo ip route' command in the readme that might be necessary to
> perform to run some clustering tests/examples.

Re: Running Artemis locally from intellij

Havret
When I run tests in debug mode I got quite of errors regarding these files
missing:

/C:/Users/havre/.m2/repository/com/sun/xml/bind/jaxb-impl/2.2.7/jaxb-api.jar
/C:/Users/havre/.m2/repository/com/sun/xml/bind/jaxb-impl/2.2.7/jaxb-core.jar

On Sun, Dec 29, 2019, 20:19 Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:

> When I run tests in debug mode I got quite of errors regarding these files
> missing:
>

> /C:/Users/havre/.m2/repository/com/sun/xml/bind/jaxb-impl/2.2.7/jaxb-api.jar
>
> /C:/Users/havre/.m2/repository/com/sun/xml/bind/jaxb-impl/2.2.7/jaxb-core.jar

And these files are genuinely missing? I'd've hoped they get downloaded by
maven or by Intellij when you click the button to refresh the project.

On Sun, Dec 29, 2019 at 8:08 PM Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > I can bind to 5672 or 61616 on localhost (I can spin a simple http server
> > on either port)  but the tests are still failing. From the log it seems
> > that some file is locked.

> > [main] 20:02:33,287 ERROR [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server]
> > AMQ224000: Failure in initialisation: java.io.IOException: The process
> > cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of
> the
> > file
> > [main] 20:02:43,497 ERROR [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server]
> > AMQ224068: Unable to stop component:
> > org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server.impl.LiveOnlyActivation:
> > java.io.IOException: The process cannot access the file because another
> > process has locked a portion of the file

> whole
> error:

> message=AMQ219007:
> >> >

> >> I'm guessing firewall. Connect ions from localhost to localhost tcp port
> >> 5672, 61616 and some other (depending on protocol tested) must be
> >> permitted.
> >>
> >> Most JUnit tests in the project bring up the entire server then connect
> >> it (which is quite fast, actually.)
> >>
> >> There is a 'sudo ip route' command in the readme that might be necessary
> >> perform to run some clustering tests/examples.

That path looks interesting, /C:/Users/havre/.m2/repository
/com/sun/xml/bind/jaxb-impl/2.2.7/jaxb-core.jar. The leading slash in /C:,
what is that about? Is this under WSL (the Windows subsystem for Linux, I
mean)? You have Java 13 installed and selected as project jdk in intellij?
The adoptopenjdk jdk version, or something else?

I never tried building Artemis on Windows myself, only running it when
already built.

Re: Running Artemis locally from intellij

Havret
As a matter of fact I work on windows box, and I'm using OpenJDK 13.0.1

On Sun, Dec 29, 2019 at 10:34 PM Jiri Daněk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 29, 2019, 20:19 Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > When I run tests in debug mode I got quite of errors regarding these
> files
> > missing:
> >

> /C:/Users/havre/.m2/repository/com/sun/xml/bind/jaxb-impl/2.2.7/jaxb-api.jar
> >

> /C:/Users/havre/.m2/repository/com/sun/xml/bind/jaxb-impl/2.2.7/jaxb-core.jar
> >

> And these files are genuinely missing? I'd've hoped they get downloaded by
> maven or by Intellij when you click the button to refresh the project.
>
> On Sun, Dec 29, 2019 at 8:08 PM Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > I can bind to 5672 or 61616 on localhost (I can spin a simple http
> server
> > > on either port)  but the tests are still failing. From the log it seems
> > > that some file is locked.
>

> > > [main] 20:02:33,287 ERROR [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server]
> > > AMQ224000: Failure in initialisation: java.io.IOException: The process
> > > cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of
> > the
> > > file
> > > [main] 20:02:43,497 ERROR [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server]
> > > AMQ224068: Unable to stop component:
> > > org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server.impl.LiveOnlyActivation:
> > > java.io.IOException: The process cannot access the file because another
> > > process has locked a portion of the file

> > whole
> > error:

> > message=AMQ219007:

> port

> connect

> necessary
> >

> That path looks interesting, /C:/Users/havre/.m2/repository
> /com/sun/xml/bind/jaxb-impl/2.2.7/jaxb-core.jar. The leading slash in /C:,
> what is that about? Is this under WSL (the Windows subsystem for Linux, I
> mean)? You have Java 13 installed and selected as project jdk in intellij?
> The adoptopenjdk jdk version, or something else?
>
> I never tried building Artemis on Windows myself, only running it when
> already built.

Re: Running Artemis locally from intellij

clebertsuconic
It does not work with JDK 13.  Use jdk 8 to build.

We need to bump the requirement this year.

On Sun, Dec 29, 2019 at 4:52 PM Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As a matter of fact I work on windows box, and I'm using OpenJDK 13.0.1
>
> On Sun, Dec 29, 2019 at 10:34 PM Jiri Daněk <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Dec 29, 2019, 20:19 Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > When I run tests in debug mode I got quite of errors regarding these
> > files
> > > missing:
> > >

> /C:/Users/havre/.m2/repository/com/sun/xml/bind/jaxb-impl/2.2.7/jaxb-api.jar
> > >

> /C:/Users/havre/.m2/repository/com/sun/xml/bind/jaxb-impl/2.2.7/jaxb-core.jar
> > >

> > And these files are genuinely missing? I'd've hoped they get downloaded
> by
> > maven or by Intellij when you click the button to refresh the project.

> > server
> seems

> process
> of
> > > the
> another

> > > whole
> > > error:

> > > message=AMQ219007:

> > port

> > connect

> > necessary
> > >

> > That path looks interesting, /C:/Users/havre/.m2/repository
> > /com/sun/xml/bind/jaxb-impl/2.2.7/jaxb-core.jar. The leading slash in
> /C:,
> > what is that about? Is this under WSL (the Windows subsystem for Linux, I
> > mean)? You have Java 13 installed and selected as project jdk in
> intellij?
> > The adoptopenjdk jdk version, or something else?
> >
> > I never tried building Artemis on Windows myself, only running it when
> > already built.

Re: Running Artemis locally from intellij

Havret
Hi Clebert,

I've switched to OpenJDK 8, but I still have problems when I try to run
AMQP tests. What puzzles me the most is that most of OpenWire tests pass.
:/

Most of the tests are failing with this error:

ActiveMQShutdownException[errorType=SHUTDOWN_ERROR message=Journal must be
in state=LOADED, was [STARTED]

On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 1:41 AM Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> It does not work with JDK 13.  Use jdk 8 to build.
>
> We need to bump the requirement this year.
>
> On Sun, Dec 29, 2019 at 4:52 PM Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > As a matter of fact I work on windows box, and I'm using OpenJDK 13.0.1

> > > files
> > > >

> /C:/Users/havre/.m2/repository/com/sun/xml/bind/jaxb-impl/2.2.7/jaxb-api.jar
> > > >

> /C:/Users/havre/.m2/repository/com/sun/xml/bind/jaxb-impl/2.2.7/jaxb-core.jar
> > > >

> > > And these files are genuinely missing? I'd've hoped they get downloaded
> > by
> > > maven or by Intellij when you click the button to refresh the project.

> > > server
> > seems

> > process
> > of
> > another

> the

> tcp
> > > port

> > > connect

> > > necessary
> > > >

> > > That path looks interesting, /C:/Users/havre/.m2/repository
> > > /com/sun/xml/bind/jaxb-impl/2.2.7/jaxb-core.jar. The leading slash in
> > /C:,
> > > what is that about? Is this under WSL (the Windows subsystem for
> Linux, I
> > > mean)? You have Java 13 installed and selected as project jdk in
> > intellij?
> > > The adoptopenjdk jdk version, or something else?
> > >
> > > I never tried building Artemis on Windows myself, only running it when
> > > already built.

> Clebert Suconic

Re: Running Artemis locally from intellij

clebertsuconic
I would need more details on how you're doing it.

I'm traveling around New years and I won't have a computer (I'm
actually using an iphone right now)

Perhaps we could do an open video chat (google hangouts)? we did this
in the past.

On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 2:15 PM Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Clebert,
>
> I've switched to OpenJDK 8, but I still have problems when I try to run
> AMQP tests. What puzzles me the most is that most of OpenWire tests pass.
> :/
>
> Most of the tests are failing with this error:
>
> ActiveMQShutdownException[errorType=SHUTDOWN_ERROR message=Journal must be
> in state=LOADED, was [STARTED]
>

> On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 1:41 AM Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > It does not work with JDK 13.  Use jdk 8 to build.
> >
> > We need to bump the requirement this year.
> >
> > On Sun, Dec 29, 2019 at 4:52 PM Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > As a matter of fact I work on windows box, and I'm using OpenJDK 13.0.1

> > /C:/Users/havre/.m2/repository/com/sun/xml/bind/jaxb-impl/2.2.7/jaxb-api.jar
> > > > >

> > /C:/Users/havre/.m2/repository/com/sun/xml/bind/jaxb-impl/2.2.7/jaxb-core.jar

> > > by

> > > seems

> > > process
> > > of
> > > another

> > the

> > tcp

> > > /C:,
> > Linux, I
> > > intellij?

> > --
> > Clebert Suconic

Re: Running Artemis locally from intellij

Havret
Video chat sounds good. Please let me know when you are be back. Happy New
Year!

Krzysztof

On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 3:37 AM Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I would need more details on how you're doing it.
>
> I'm traveling around New years and I won't have a computer (I'm
> actually using an iphone right now)
>
> Perhaps we could do an open video chat (google hangouts)? we did this
> in the past.
>
> On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 2:15 PM Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Clebert,
> >
> > I've switched to OpenJDK 8, but I still have problems when I try to run
> > AMQP tests. What puzzles me the most is that most of OpenWire tests pass.
> > :/
> >
> > Most of the tests are failing with this error:
> >
> > ActiveMQShutdownException[errorType=SHUTDOWN_ERROR message=Journal must
> be
> > in state=LOADED, was [STARTED]
> >

> > On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 1:41 AM Clebert Suconic <
> [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > It does not work with JDK 13.  Use jdk 8 to build.
> > >
> > > We need to bump the requirement this year.

> 13.0.1

> these
> > > > > >

> /C:/Users/havre/.m2/repository/com/sun/xml/bind/jaxb-impl/2.2.7/jaxb-api.jar
> > > > > >

> /C:/Users/havre/.m2/repository/com/sun/xml/bind/jaxb-impl/2.2.7/jaxb-core.jar

> downloaded
> project.

> http
> it

> [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server]
> portion
> [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server]
> > > > > > >
> org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server.impl.LiveOnlyActivation:

> build
> > > the
> this

> servers.

> localhost
> > > tcp
> must be

> then

> in
> > > Linux, I

> when
> > > > >

> > > --
> > > Clebert Suconic

> Clebert Suconic

Re: Running Artemis locally from intellij

Havret
Just a heads up. I've tried to run the whole thing on Linux and it seems
that everything works as it should. All the tests that are failing on
Windows because of journal errors are passing. Not sure what's causing it,
but I think it's worth mentioning it in the docs, as it may save folks some
time.

On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 9:23 AM Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Video chat sounds good. Please let me know when you are be back. Happy New
> Year!
>
> Krzysztof
>
> On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 3:37 AM Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> I would need more details on how you're doing it.
>>
>> I'm traveling around New years and I won't have a computer (I'm
>> actually using an iphone right now)
>>
>> Perhaps we could do an open video chat (google hangouts)? we did this
>> in the past.
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 2:15 PM Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi Clebert,
>> >
>> > I've switched to OpenJDK 8, but I still have problems when I try to run
>> > AMQP tests. What puzzles me the most is that most of OpenWire tests
>> pass.
>> > :/
>> >
>> > Most of the tests are failing with this error:
>> >
>> > ActiveMQShutdownException[errorType=SHUTDOWN_ERROR message=Journal must
>> be
>> > in state=LOADED, was [STARTED]
>> >

>> > On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 1:41 AM Clebert Suconic <
>> [hidden email]>

>> 13.0.1

>> these
>> > > > > >

>> /C:/Users/havre/.m2/repository/com/sun/xml/bind/jaxb-impl/2.2.7/jaxb-api.jar
>> > > > > >

>> /C:/Users/havre/.m2/repository/com/sun/xml/bind/jaxb-impl/2.2.7/jaxb-core.jar

>> downloaded
>> project.

>> http
>> log it

>> [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server]
>> portion
>> [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server]
>> > > > > > >
>> org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server.impl.LiveOnlyActivation:
>> because

>> build
>> with this

>> servers.

>> localhost
>> must be

>> then

>> be

>> slash in

>> when

>> --
>> Clebert Suconic

Re: Running Artemis locally from intellij

clebertsuconic
Perhaps we need to fix something on path for the tests.  Those are probably
test issues.

On Sat, Jan 4, 2020 at 12:28 PM Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Just a heads up. I've tried to run the whole thing on Linux and it seems
> that everything works as it should. All the tests that are failing on
> Windows because of journal errors are passing. Not sure what's causing it,
> but I think it's worth mentioning it in the docs, as it may save folks some
> time.
>
> On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 9:23 AM Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Video chat sounds good. Please let me know when you are be back. Happy
> New
> > Year!
> >
> > Krzysztof
> >
> > On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 3:37 AM Clebert Suconic <
> [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I would need more details on how you're doing it.
> >>
> >> I'm traveling around New years and I won't have a computer (I'm
> >> actually using an iphone right now)
> >>
> >> Perhaps we could do an open video chat (google hangouts)? we did this
> >> in the past.

> run
> >> pass.

> must
> >> be

> >> [hidden email]>

> >> 13.0.1

> >> these
> >> > > > > >

> /C:/Users/havre/.m2/repository/com/sun/xml/bind/jaxb-impl/2.2.7/jaxb-api.jar
> >> > > > > >

> /C:/Users/havre/.m2/repository/com/sun/xml/bind/jaxb-impl/2.2.7/jaxb-core.jar

> >> downloaded
> >> project.

> simple
> >> http
> >> log it

> >> [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server]
> The
> >> portion
> >> [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server]
> >> > > > > > >
> >> org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server.impl.LiveOnlyActivation:
> >> because

> [hidden email]

> >> build
> >> with this

> >> servers.

> >> localhost
> >> must be

> >> then

> >> be

> >> slash in

> it
> >> when

> >> --
> >> Clebert Suconic

Re: Running Artemis locally from intellij

Havret
You're probably right. I am using Artemis on Windows on a regular basis and
everything works fine. It would be nice, if I could debug the tests on
windows as well, as my Linux VM is terribly slow.

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 7:02 PM Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Perhaps we need to fix something on path for the tests.  Those are probably
> test issues.
>
> On Sat, Jan 4, 2020 at 12:28 PM Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Just a heads up. I've tried to run the whole thing on Linux and it seems
> > that everything works as it should. All the tests that are failing on
> > Windows because of journal errors are passing. Not sure what's causing
> it,
> > but I think it's worth mentioning it in the docs, as it may save folks
> some
> > time.
> >
> > On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 9:23 AM Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Video chat sounds good. Please let me know when you are be back. Happy
> > New
> > > Year!
> > >
> > > Krzysztof
> > >
> > > On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 3:37 AM Clebert Suconic <
> > [hidden email]>

> > run

> > must

> regarding
> > >> > > > > >

> /C:/Users/havre/.m2/repository/com/sun/xml/bind/jaxb-impl/2.2.7/jaxb-api.jar
> > >> > > > > >

> /C:/Users/havre/.m2/repository/com/sun/xml/bind/jaxb-impl/2.2.7/jaxb-core.jar

> > simple

> > The

> > [hidden email]

> server

> might

> for
> in

> > it

> Clebert Suconic

Re: Running Artemis locally from intellij

jbertram
For what it's worth a user reported an issue with a recent snapshot running
on Windows 10 [1]. This could be the root cause of the failures.

Justin

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-2583?focusedCommentId=17008030&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-17008030