Running ActiveMQ Broker as different username unable to connect via web admin console

Running ActiveMQ Broker as different username unable to connect via web admin console

jboss
running ActiveMQ on WIndows Server 2012 and we want to use a Group Managed service Account (gMSA) that is within ActiveDirectory instead of "Local System".
   I can change the windows service to Log on As this account and it seems to run, however, the web console for administration refuses all connections.  Besides changing the "log on as" in windows, is there some permission/setup that needs to occur to run ActiveMQ as a different user than "Local System"?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Re: Running ActiveMQ Broker as different username unable to connect via web admin console

Tim Bain
When you say "the web console refuses all connections," do you mean it
allows you to provide a username and password but doesn't authorize access
for any of the username/password pairs you set up as described in
http://activemq.apache.org/web-console.html?   Or something else?
On Apr 25, 2016 10:33 AM, "jboss" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> running ActiveMQ on WIndows Server 2012 and we want to use a Group Managed
> service Account (gMSA) that is within ActiveDirectory instead of "Local
> System".
>    I can change the windows service to Log on As this account and it seems
> to run, however, the web console for administration refuses all
> connections.
> Besides changing the "log on as" in windows, is there some permission/setup
> that needs to occur to run ActiveMQ as a different user than "Local
> System"?
>
> Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Re: Running ActiveMQ Broker as different username unable to connect via web admin console

jboss
The web console does not come up at all.   The error that the Chrome gives is "Connection Refused".  Does not even get to the point of asking for username/password.

RE: Running ActiveMQ Broker as different username unable to connect via web admin console

Christopher Fogarty
What Platform? Do you have a firewall running

Chris Fogarty

VP, System Engineering
Versiant Corporation
3700 Arco Corporate Drive
Suite 350
Charlotte, NC 28273
Office: (704) 831-3905 | Mobile: (704) 763-3333

[hidden email]

The web console does not come up at all.   The error that the Chrome gives is
"Connection Refused".  Does not even get to the point of asking for username/password.

RE: Running ActiveMQ Broker as different username unable to connect via web admin console

jboss
We are running Windows 2012 R2.    This is all on the internal network with no Firewall.

RE: Running ActiveMQ Broker as different username unable to connect via web admin console

Tim Bain
Is anything listening on 80 or 443 on that host?

And I assume you've checked the logs and there are no errors or warnings
whatsoever?

Tim