Quantcast

Redelivery of messages already consumed.

Redelivery of messages already consumed.

fenbers
My application consumes messages, which light up certain status indicators.  While this works fine, I have a problem in that if the user exits and restarts my application, sometimes the messages are redelivered and sometimes they are not.  I want all non-expired messages to be redelivered upon relaunch, no matter how many times the app is relaunched.

If redelivery NEVER occurs, I'd look at this as a configuration problem, but redelivery occurs about 50% of the time.  I cannot figure out why this is inconsistent.  Does anyone have ideas of what I can try?  I'm using 5.10.0.  Might there be a way, programmatically, for the app to manually request a redelivery of all unexpired messages (in the order of creation), say, through a "refresh" button?
Mark

Re: Redelivery of messages already consumed.

tabish121@gmail.com
On 02/03/2017 09:36 AM, fenbers wrote:

> My application consumes messages, which light up certain status indicators.
> While this works fine, I have a problem in that if the user exits and
> restarts my application, sometimes the messages are redelivered and
> sometimes they are not.  I want all non-expired messages to be redelivered
> upon relaunch, no matter how many times the app is relaunched.
>
> If redelivery NEVER occurs, I'd look at this as a configuration problem, but
> redelivery occurs about 50% of the time.  I cannot figure out why this is
> inconsistent.  Does anyone have ideas of what I can try?  I'm using 5.10.0.
> Might there be a way, programmatically, for the app to manually request a
> redelivery of all unexpired messages (in the order of creation), say,
> through a "refresh" button?
> Mark

Queues?...Topics?...Retroactive?....Durable?....

Some context would be helpful

twitter: @tabish121
blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: Redelivery of messages already consumed.

fenbers
Yeah, I knew I was forgetting something.  I have the message delivery setup as a durable Topic with retroactive set to true.
Mark