Recovery replayed 5 operations

ragraj
Hi there,
We have just upgraded AMQ from 5.5.0 to 5.9.1 in our environment. We have noticed of late AMQ restart has been very slow. What I have noticed is recovery replayed takes a lot of time. Here is a log for example,

(org.apache.activemq.store.kahadb.MessageDatabase:recover)     - Recovery replayed 276854 operations from the journal in 58.23 seconds.

So I installed AMQ 5.9.1 fresh and tried to restart as many times. Everytime recover replayed counts increased, with just a restart.

How do we handle this? Why is the recovery replayed count increase for every restart?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks,
RR