Quantcast

Re: [activemq-user] JCA and Tomcat

jstrachan
On 12 Jun 2005, at 22:25, Swen Moczarski wrote:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> im only a ActiveMQ user but maybe I can help - we had a similar
> problem. For Tomcat its a problem if a jar contains the classes of
> the servlet API.
> Try to use jar files with separated J2EE APIs insted of one jar
> with all APIs including the Servlet API (j2ee.jar). For example,
> you can use the API jars from geronimo (http://cvs.apache.org/
> repository/geronimo-spec/jars/)

Agreed. Tomcat really doesn't like the j2ee.jar being in a WAR. We
could kinda do with j2ee-minus-servlets.jar :) But I tend to use the
different parts from geronimo. e.g. geronimo-spec-jms-*.jar +
geronimo-spec-j2ee-management-*.jar, geronimo-spec-jta-*.jar etc.

For the JCA stuff you'll need the geronimo-spec-j2ee-connector-*.jar
as well

> Good luck,
> Swen
>
> Matthias Koch wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>> I have problems when using JCA that during the deployment.
>> the JCAContainer bean uses a WorkManager,
>> but at the jars from ActiveMQ (lib and lib/optional) I can't find
>> this.
>> at my Sun AS this class is inside the j2ee.jar, after putting this
>> into the
>> tomcat libs the error is still alive, it seems that this jar will
>> be ignored.
>> when deploying my application into JBoos there is no error and the
>> application
>> run well, but I will use Tomcat only.
>> have anyone a solution on how to use ActiveMQ JCA with Tomcat ?
>> thanks.
>> mfg Matthias

James
-------