Re: Artemis activemq with jconsole doesn't show topics management

Re: Artemis activemq with jconsole doesn't show topics management

andytaylor
Internally Artemis has no notion of topics, only addresses and queues, JMS topics are an abstraction built on top of these in the client. I would read the addressing chapter of the user manual to understand how a topic maps internally on to an address and a queue

On 3 August 2017 at 10:45, aragoubi [via ActiveMQ] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have a standalone artemis activemq broker.
I start the broker, and I open jconsole in order to see and manage activemq, but I am not seeing topic, I can see only queues.
Before, I was using activemq, and I was able to see topics through jconsole.
jconsole.png

http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/Artemis-activemq-with-jconsole-doesn-t-show-topics-management-tp4729214.html
To start a new topic under ActiveMQ - User, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from ActiveMQ - User, click here.
NAML

Re: Artemis activemq with jconsole doesn't show topics management

Justin Bertram
In addition to what Andy said...

You have to remember that Artemis is a generic messaging broker and as such
it supports many different protocols (e.g. AMQP, MQTT, STOMP, etc.).  Most
protocols share the same basic point-to-point and publish-subscribe
semantics but these semantics are represented in different ways.  For
example, STOMP doesn't have the notion of a topic or a queue, per se; it
just has destinations.  MQTT only supports publish-subscribe semantics.

Ultimately the broker has to support everything in a coherent way so it
implements a basic set of artifacts (i.e. addresses, queues, &
routing-types).  These are the artifacts you work with in the configuration
and management interfaces.

Justin