Re: AMQ Browser Pagination

zmhassan
Hi Ashwini,

This project as you know is a community driven project and I plan on
sending in a pull request soon. However, there is a road map that is put in
place currently and you can contact Daniel Kulp for more details about this
roadmap. This is something that the community is discussing currently. I
invite you to join this community and share any feedback on the design I
created. Just to keep this conversation transparent I've CC'd the ActiveMQ
community to get their input.

I will be sending in a pull request very soon once I've tested the new
updates to the console.

Cheers,
Zak
@Prospect1010
" *Before software can be reusable it first has to be usable.* "
--Ralph Johnson

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 11:50 AM, Ashwini Kuntamukkala <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Zakeria Hassan
>
> Good work on the pagination effort on AMQ Browser.
> Is this part of the AMQ source code or is it still experimental in your
> GIT repo?
> Please let me know as I would like to get that enhancement in AMQ 5.8.0
> At this point we are unable to upgrade so I'd like to back port your
> changes to version 5.8.0
> Please let me know
> Thank you,
>
> Ashwini Kuntamukkala
> http://akuntamukkala.blogspot.com
> @akuntamukkala
>

> *****This e-mail and replies and forwards are for the sole use of the
> above individual(s) or entities and may contain proprietary, privileged
> and/or highly confidential information. Unauthorized use is strictly
> prohibited.*****

Re: AMQ Browser Pagination

zmhassan
HI Ashwini,

I'll work on this tonight.

Thanks,
Zak

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 5:34 PM, Ashwini Kuntamukkala <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Zak
> I have posted my comments on
>
> Look forward to a pull request soon
> Thanks again
> Ashwin
>
> *****This e-mail and replies and forwards are for the sole use of the
> above individual(s) or entities and may contain proprietary, privileged
> and/or highly confidential information. Unauthorized use is strictly
> prohibited.*****
>

> From: Zakeria Hassan <[hidden email]>
> Date: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 11:49 AM
> To: Ashwini Kuntamukkala <[hidden email]>, <
> [hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: AMQ Browser Pagination
>
> Hi Ashwini,
>
> This project as you know is a community driven project and I plan on
> sending in a pull request soon. However, there is a road map that is put in
> place currently and you can contact Daniel Kulp for more details about this
> roadmap. This is something that the community is discussing currently. I
> invite you to join this community and share any feedback on the design I
> created. Just to keep this conversation transparent I've CC'd the ActiveMQ
> community to get their input.
>
> I will be sending in a pull request very soon once I've tested the new
> updates to the console.
>
> Cheers,
> Zak
> @Prospect1010
> " *Before software can be reusable it first has to be usable.* "
> --Ralph Johnson
>

> On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 11:50 AM, Ashwini Kuntamukkala <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Zakeria Hassan
>>
>> Good work on the pagination effort on AMQ Browser.
>> Is this part of the AMQ source code or is it still experimental in your
>> GIT repo?
>> Please let me know as I would like to get that enhancement in AMQ 5.8.0
>> At this point we are unable to upgrade so I'd like to back port your
>> changes to version 5.8.0
>> Please let me know
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Ashwini Kuntamukkala
>> http://akuntamukkala.blogspot.com
>> @akuntamukkala
>>

>> *****This e-mail and replies and forwards are for the sole use of the
>> above individual(s) or entities and may contain proprietary, privileged
>> and/or highly confidential information. Unauthorized use is strictly
>> prohibited.*****

Re: AMQ Browser Pagination

Ashwin Kuntamukkala
Very cool Zak!
Thanks again
On Feb 12, 2014 10:02 AM, "Zakeria Hassan" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> HI Ashwini,
>
> I'll work on this tonight.
>
> Thanks,
> Zak
>

> On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 5:34 PM, Ashwini Kuntamukkala <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Zak
>> I have posted my comments on
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-5024
>>
>> Look forward to a pull request soon
>> Thanks again
>> Ashwin
>>
>> *****This e-mail and replies and forwards are for the sole use of the
>> above individual(s) or entities and may contain proprietary, privileged
>> and/or highly confidential information. Unauthorized use is strictly
>> prohibited.*****
>>

>> From: Zakeria Hassan <[hidden email]>
>> Date: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 11:49 AM
>> To: Ashwini Kuntamukkala <[hidden email]>, <
>> [hidden email]>
>> Subject: Re: AMQ Browser Pagination
>>
>> Hi Ashwini,
>>
>> This project as you know is a community driven project and I plan on
>> sending in a pull request soon. However, there is a road map that is put in
>> place currently and you can contact Daniel Kulp for more details about this
>> roadmap. This is something that the community is discussing currently. I
>> invite you to join this community and share any feedback on the design I
>> created. Just to keep this conversation transparent I've CC'd the ActiveMQ
>> community to get their input.
>>
>> I will be sending in a pull request very soon once I've tested the new
>> updates to the console.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Zak
>> @Prospect1010
>> " *Before software can be reusable it first has to be usable.* "
>> --Ralph Johnson
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 11:50 AM, Ashwini Kuntamukkala <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Zakeria Hassan
>>>
>>> Good work on the pagination effort on AMQ Browser.
>>> Is this part of the AMQ source code or is it still experimental in your
>>> GIT repo?
>>> Please let me know as I would like to get that enhancement in AMQ 5.8.0
>>> At this point we are unable to upgrade so I'd like to back port your
>>> changes to version 5.8.0
>>> Please let me know
>>> Thank you,
>>>
>>> Ashwini Kuntamukkala
>>> http://akuntamukkala.blogspot.com
>>> @akuntamukkala
>>>

>>> *****This e-mail and replies and forwards are for the sole use of the
>>> above individual(s) or entities and may contain proprietary, privileged
>>> and/or highly confidential information. Unauthorized use is strictly
>>> prohibited.*****

Re: AMQ Browser Pagination

artnaseef
Hey Zak - I saw your pull request and tried to pull it into my local repo but ran into some issues.  There were a few changes to some of the files on which you worked.

In addition to that, though, I have some questions on the changes.  There are some links which appear to directly reach out to servers on the web, like this one:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="//netdna.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.1.0/css/bootstrap-theme.min.css">

This raises two questions:

* Is the license here compatible?  This has been opened before, but not resolved to my knowledge.
* What will happen to the webconsole when the broker and client browser do not have access to the internet?  In my opinion, the webconsole must work in a disconnected environment.

I would have tried these myself, but had too much trouble getting the merge to work.  If you could provide me with the latest commit ID of the public ActiveMQ repo on top of which your changes were made, that would help.  I know we were working on this together - I apologize for losing track of the working baseline.  Unless... Maybe I have that history saved; let me check again...

Re: AMQ Browser Pagination

zmhassan
Hi Arthur,

Yes,  I think you might have the old one. Here is the commit id that has
the latest code:

commit 57870f70eef1923561ca78f1d9b35645a422fd0c

Also, I brought up bootstrap in a discussion and I got a reply from Johan
and he gave me this link and said:

*"Mit, BSD are quite compatible. I'm guessing the font license is as well.
https://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html
<https://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html> Is a good place to start
looking."*

Thanks,
Zak

On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 11:15 PM, artnaseef <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey Zak - I saw your pull request and tried to pull it into my local repo
> but
> ran into some issues.  There were a few changes to some of the files on
> which you worked.
>
> In addition to that, though, I have some questions on the changes.  There
> are some links which appear to directly reach out to servers on the web,
> like this one:
>
> <link rel="stylesheet"
> href="//
> netdna.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.1.0/css/bootstrap-theme.min.css">
>
> This raises two questions:
>
> * Is the license here compatible?  This has been opened before, but not
> resolved to my knowledge.
> * What will happen to the webconsole when the broker and client browser do
> not have access to the internet?  In my opinion, the webconsole must work
> in
> a disconnected environment.
>
> I would have tried these myself, but had too much trouble getting the merge
> to work.  If you could provide me with the latest commit ID of the public
> ActiveMQ repo on top of which your changes were made, that would help.  I
> know we were working on this together - I apologize for losing track of the
> working baseline.  Unless... Maybe I have that history saved; let me check
> again...

Re: AMQ Browser Pagination

zmhassan
I have removed the google fonts. And the links are pointing to files on the
web console. Its not reaching out to the internet.

On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 11:50 PM, Zakeria Hassan
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi Arthur,
>

> Yes,  I think you might have the old one. Here is the commit id that has
> the latest code:
>
> commit 57870f70eef1923561ca78f1d9b35645a422fd0c
>
> Also, I brought up bootstrap in a discussion and I got a reply from Johan
> and he gave me this link and said:
>

> *"Mit, BSD are quite compatible. I'm guessing the font license is as well.
> https://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html
> <https://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html> Is a good place to start
> looking."*
>

> Thanks,
> Zak
>

> On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 11:15 PM, artnaseef <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hey Zak - I saw your pull request and tried to pull it into my local repo
>> but
>> ran into some issues.  There were a few changes to some of the files on
>> which you worked.
>>
>> In addition to that, though, I have some questions on the changes.  There
>> are some links which appear to directly reach out to servers on the web,
>> like this one:
>>
>> <link rel="stylesheet"
>> href="//
>> netdna.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.1.0/css/bootstrap-theme.min.css">
>>
>> This raises two questions:
>>
>> * Is the license here compatible?  This has been opened before, but not
>> resolved to my knowledge.
>> * What will happen to the webconsole when the broker and client browser do
>> not have access to the internet?  In my opinion, the webconsole must work
>> in
>> a disconnected environment.
>>
>> I would have tried these myself, but had too much trouble getting the
>> merge
>> to work.  If you could provide me with the latest commit ID of the public
>> ActiveMQ repo on top of which your changes were made, that would help.  I
>> know we were working on this together - I apologize for losing track of
>> the
>> working baseline.  Unless... Maybe I have that history saved; let me check
>> again...

Re: AMQ Browser Pagination

artnaseef
After improving my remote-repo-git-skills, and realizing activemq's git has "trunk" instead of "master", I am closer to getting this merged.  Just need to find more time to dedicate to this.

Re: AMQ Browser Pagination

zmhassan
No problem.

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 12:20 PM, artnaseef <[hidden email]> wrote:

> After improving my remote-repo-git-skills, and realizing activemq's git has
> "trunk" instead of "master", I am closer to getting this merged.  Just need
> to find more time to dedicate to this.

Re: AMQ Browser Pagination

artnaseef
I have it working directly from your repo right now.  I like the way the list of messages looks with the update.

A couple of questions:

* How is the progress meter supposed to work?  When I open the page, I see a half-filled progress meter that disappears as soon as the messages are displayed.  Otherwise, the progress bar doesn't move at all.

* What happened to the original message display page?  Now when I click on a message, I see what appears to be an XML dump of the message.

Re: AMQ Browser Pagination

artnaseef
Also found this in the url creation for the DELETE action:

  http://localhost:8161/admin/deleteMessage.action?JMSDestination=TEST&messageId=

Note the fixed destination name.

Re: AMQ Browser Pagination

zmhassan
Hi Arthur,

I agree. I can make these fixes and push updated code in.

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 11:13 PM, artnaseef <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Also found this in the url creation for the DELETE action:
>

> http://localhost:8161/admin/deleteMessage.action?JMSDestination=TEST&messageId=
>
> Note the fixed destination name.

Re: AMQ Browser Pagination

zmhassan
Hi Arthur,

I fixed the errors that I had and also removed a lot of excess code. Thank
you for the review. You can see my latest code in the same pull request.

Thanks,
Zak