[RESULT] [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.9.0

[RESULT] [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.9.0

jbertram
Results of the Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.9.0 release vote.

Vote passes with 5 +1 votes (4 binding, 1 non-binding).

The following votes were received:

Binding:
+1 Clebert Suconic
+1 Christopher Shannon
+1 Justin Bertram
+1 Tim Bish

Non Binding:
+1 Howard Gao

Thank you to everyone who contributed and took the time to review the
release candidates and vote.

I'll move forward with the getting the release out and updating the
relevant documentation.

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.9.0

Michael André Pearce
Hi All,

Whilst i missed the vote on this as was busy, on going through it finally, unfortunately it seems theres been an LPGL license dependency added since 2.8.0.

I’ve found the PR that introduced it, and comment on it, but we need to revert that PR before any further releases.

Mike

> On 4 Jun 2019, at 19:39, Justin Bertram <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Results of the Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.9.0 release vote.
>
> Vote passes with 5 +1 votes (4 binding, 1 non-binding).
>
> The following votes were received:
>
> Binding:
> +1 Clebert Suconic
> +1 Christopher Shannon
> +1 Justin Bertram
> +1 Tim Bish
>
> Non Binding:
> +1 Howard Gao
>
> Thank you to everyone who contributed and took the time to review the
> release candidates and vote.
>
> I'll move forward with the getting the release out and updating the
> relevant documentation.
>

> Justin

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.9.0

clebertsuconic
Same as Jboss-logging, wildfly commons is ASL. no LGPL was really added.

You had raised an issue about a test with a wrong header on a separate
thread... We can update the component as a cleanup, just to make sure about
licensing. But there's no issue per se on licensing.