Queue v. Topic

sparky2708
I have looked around on google but can't find anything (despite looking at a number of posts now) that helps me clarify the difference between a queue and a topic. The more I read about them the more it sounds like the same thing. Everyone keeps saying that many subscribers can subscribe to a topic, why not a queue? Can someone please clarify the difference?

Re: Queue v. Topic

James Strachan-2
I've added an entry to the FAQ
http://activemq.org/site/how-does-a-queue-compare-to-a-topic.html

On 8/7/06, sparky2708 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have looked around on google but can't find anything (despite looking at a
> number of posts now) that helps me clarify the difference between a queue
> and a topic. The more I read about them the more it sounds like the same
> thing. Everyone keeps saying that many subscribers can subscribe to a topic,
> why not a queue? Can someone please clarify the difference?

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/