Queue Consumers have pending messages but they are not getting processed

Queue Consumers have pending messages but they are not getting processed

Venkatesh Laguduva
I am using the combination of activemq, camel and spring. For queues, we have multiple consumers on them; On some queue consumers, we see that there are pending messages (goes upto 100 which is same as prefetch) and they are not getting processed at all but other consumers for the same queue, it is business as usual.

I looked into deeper to understand what's happening and found that spring cachingconnectionfactory could be causing this issue - we are suspecting that this caching connection factory could be making some clients as inactive and messages left in their prefetch buffer are not getting processed. Are we right in our findings?

Apart from this, is there any way we can get the messages from the prefetch buffer released from the inactive consumers?

Thanks
Venkatesh Laguduva

Re: Queue Consumers have pending messages but they are not getting processed

Tim Bain
That explanation sounds plausible. One possible alternative would be to use
the PooledConnectionFactory instead.

To clear out the unwanted consumers with your current code, you'd need to
restart whatever process they're running in. But of course they will
probably come back eventually.

Tim