Proper behavior for client authorization failure

Proper behavior for client authorization failure

snacktime
Should the server return an ERROR response on authorization failure, or just close the connection?  Also, the ruby client just assumes that the response to a CONNECT will be CONNECTED, and it doesn't seem to handle ERROR frames either from what I can tell.

Re: Proper behavior for client authorization failure

Patrick Hurley-2
On 10/23/06, snacktime <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Should the server return an ERROR response on authorization failure, or just
> close the connection?  Also, the ruby client just assumes that the response
> to a CONNECT will be CONNECTED, and it doesn't seem to handle ERROR frames
> either from what I can tell.

Based on my reading of the spec, I would say the right thing would be
to return an error and then disconnect.

pth

Re: Proper behavior for client authorization failure

brianm

On Oct 23, 2006, at 4:58 PM, Patrick Hurley wrote:

> On 10/23/06, snacktime <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Should the server return an ERROR response on authorization
>> failure, or just
>> close the connection?  Also, the ruby client just assumes that the
>> response
>> to a CONNECT will be CONNECTED, and it doesn't seem to handle
>> ERROR frames
>> either from what I can tell.
>
> Based on my reading of the spec, I would say the right thing would be
> to return an error and then disconnect.

I like that behavior. Would you annotate the spec to indicate so?

-Brian