Producers blocking

gregory.guibert
Hello,

I am setting up a configuration of activemq with a network of brokers (4
brokers instances) and I am facing several problems. I am using 5.2.0
release, java 1.6.0_07

1) Sometimes, the whole set of brokers would not respond anymore for message
producing. (blocking sendings). After restarting my applications, the
message publishing could not restart anyway. Is it a known issue ?

2) To solve problem 1, I read the article
http://activemq.apache.org/my-producer-blocks.html, and decided to set the
producerFlowControl to false.
With that option, I can see in the Jconsole that the Adivsory topics do not
have the producer flow control set to true, even if I set the option to
false in the configuration file. Can It be a problem ?

I copied the configuration file of host1 broker at the end of this email.
The configuration files for hosts 2, 3, 4 are similar. Can you advise on
this configuration file ? I am not sure about the TTL option.

Thank you for your help

Gregory

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<beans xmlns:amq="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core
http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core/activemq-core.xsd
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring/camel-spring.xsd">
<broker useJmx="true" persistent="false" dataDirectory="data"
brokerName="activemq-MYBROKER" xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core
">

    <destinationPolicy>
      <policyMap>
        <policyEntries>

          <policyEntry topic="*" producerFlowControl="false"
enableAudit="true">
            <dispatchPolicy>
              <strictOrderDispatchPolicy />
            </dispatchPolicy>
          </policyEntry>

        </policyEntries>
      </policyMap>
    </destinationPolicy>

<networkConnectors>
<networkConnector name="brokerCluster"
uri="static://(tcp://host2:61616,tcp://host3:61616,tcp://host4:61616)"
networkTTL="4"/>
</networkConnectors>
<transportConnectors>
<transportConnector uri="tcp://host1:61616"/>
</transportConnectors>
<managementContext>
<managementContext connectorPort="1399"
jmxDomainName="org.apache.activemq"/>
</managementContext>
</broker>
</beans>

Re: Producers blocking

gregory.guibert
Please help !
I would really like to solve this problem urgently as it is a critical issue
on my project and would be really grateful if somebody could advise on the
configuration file.

Thank you

Greg

2009/11/20 Gregory Guibert <[hidden email]>

> Hello,
>
> I am setting up a configuration of activemq with a network of brokers (4
> brokers instances) and I am facing several problems. I am using 5.2.0
> release, java 1.6.0_07
>
> 1) Sometimes, the whole set of brokers would not respond anymore for
> message producing. (blocking sendings). After restarting my applications,
> the message publishing could not restart anyway. Is it a known issue ?
>
> 2) To solve problem 1, I read the article
> http://activemq.apache.org/my-producer-blocks.html, and decided to set the
> producerFlowControl to false.
> With that option, I can see in the Jconsole that the Adivsory topics do not
> have the producer flow control set to true, even if I set the option to
> false in the configuration file. Can It be a problem ?
>
> I copied the configuration file of host1 broker at the end of this email.
> The configuration files for hosts 2, 3, 4 are similar. Can you advise on
> this configuration file ? I am not sure about the TTL option.
>
> Thank you for your help
>
> Gregory
>

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <beans xmlns:amq="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
> xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans"
> xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans
> http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core
> http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core/activemq-core.xsd
> http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring
> http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring/camel-spring.xsd">
> <broker useJmx="true" persistent="false" dataDirectory="data"
> brokerName="activemq-MYBROKER" xmlns="
> http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core">
>
>     <destinationPolicy>
>       <policyMap>
>         <policyEntries>
>
>           <policyEntry topic="*" producerFlowControl="false"
> enableAudit="true">
>             <dispatchPolicy>
>               <strictOrderDispatchPolicy />
>             </dispatchPolicy>
>           </policyEntry>
>

>         </policyEntries>
>       </policyMap>
>     </destinationPolicy>
>
> <networkConnectors>
> <networkConnector name="brokerCluster"
> uri="static://(tcp://host2:61616,tcp://host3:61616,tcp://host4:61616)"
> networkTTL="4"/>
> </networkConnectors>
> <transportConnectors>
> <transportConnector uri="tcp://host1:61616"/>
> </transportConnectors>
> <managementContext>
> <managementContext connectorPort="1399"
> jmxDomainName="org.apache.activemq"/>
> </managementContext>
> </broker>
> </beans>

Re: Producers blocking

SelvarajAM

regarding your problem no 2.
Can you change the policy entry from
<policyEntry topic="*" producerFlowControl="false" enableAudit="true">

<policyEntry <b>topic=">" producerFlowControl="false" enableAudit="true">

and try it....

gregory.guibert wrote