Problem while upgrading from ACTIVEMQ 5.2 to 5.3.2

Problem while upgrading from ACTIVEMQ 5.2 to 5.3.2

dbrondy
Hi everyone,

As we didn't find any solution to our problem described here :
- http://old.nabble.com/Strange-behavior-using-failover-and-network-of-broker-td29107245.html

we tried to upgrade from ACTIVEMQ 5.2 to 5.3.2.

It seems the same configuration does not work at all... To summarize what is completely describes in the previous post, we have 4 BROKER all connected together. Now, on ACTIVEMQ 5.3.2, if a producer sends message though BROKER1, the receiver needs to be connected on that broker to receive the message.
I tried a lot of configuration changes by playing with TTL, Duplex, DynamicOnly, using multicast discovery protocol and I can't let it work.

Please help... I'm disappointed.

denis

Re: Problem while upgrading from ACTIVEMQ 5.2 to 5.3.2

gtully
quick thought, do your transport connectors use tcp://localhost ?
if so, you need to use a wildcard address tcp://0.0.0.0 to listen on
all available interfaces, not just the loopback address:
see: https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-2094

http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com

Re: Problem while upgrading from ACTIVEMQ 5.2 to 5.3.2

dbrondy
Hi Gary,

I run this example on a unique computer using the IP adress, and I couldn't reach it to work fine. It seems working fine when you are running this configuration using the real computer and the hostname in the Transport and Network connector url.

Moreover, the most important things is that I'm suspecting a strong thread / memory leakage in this ActiveMQ version (probably present since 5.3 before I don't have such behavior in 5.2) when the other ActiveMQ nodes are not present.

Following is two Jconsole screenshots of one broker instance. I was running this configuration : 4 broker in Nob using static connector and 2 element are dead.

I think I'm gona submit this to the ActiveMQ bug tracker.

denis

Gary Tully wrote

http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com

Re: Problem while upgrading from ACTIVEMQ 5.2 to 5.3.2

dbrondy

Seems already tracked... And I didn't see Gary your were the assignee

I see the date 23/Jul/10. Is this 5.4 version still foreseen for this date ?
denis

dbrondy wrote
Hi everyone,

As we didn't find any solution to our problem described here :
- http://old.nabble.com/Strange-behavior-using-failover-and-network-of-broker-td29107245.html

we tried to upgrade from ACTIVEMQ 5.2 to 5.3.2.

It seems the same configuration does not work at all... To summarize what is completely describes in the previous post, we have 4 BROKER all connected together. Now, on ACTIVEMQ 5.3.2, if a producer sends message though BROKER1, the receiver needs to be connected on that broker to receive the message.
I tried a lot of configuration changes by playing with TTL, Duplex, DynamicOnly, using multicast discovery protocol and I can't let it work.

Please help... I'm disappointed.

denis

Re: Problem while upgrading from ACTIVEMQ 5.2 to 5.3.2

dejanb
You can also try disabling Camel web console if you don't use it.

Cheers

Blog - http://www.nighttale.net

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 10:01 AM, dbrondy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Seems already tracked... And I didn't see Gary your were the assignee :-)
> https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-2448
>
> I see the date 23/Jul/10. Is this 5.4 version still foreseen for this date ?
> denis
>

> dbrondy wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> As we didn't find any solution to our problem described here :
>> -
>> http://old.nabble.com/Strange-behavior-using-failover-and-network-of-broker-td29107245.html
>>
>> we tried to upgrade from ACTIVEMQ 5.2 to 5.3.2.
>>
>> It seems the same configuration does not work at all... To summarize what
>> is completely describes in the previous post, we have 4 BROKER all
>> connected together. Now, on ACTIVEMQ 5.3.2, if a producer sends message
>> though BROKER1, the receiver needs to be connected on that broker to
>> receive the message.
>> I tried a lot of configuration changes by playing with TTL, Duplex,
>> DynamicOnly, using multicast discovery protocol and I can't let it work.
>>
>> Please help... I'm disappointed.
>>
>> denis

Re: Problem while upgrading from ACTIVEMQ 5.2 to 5.3.2

dbrondy

Hi Dejan,

We don't use it, we have a lightweight configuration of AMQ but thanks for your suggestion.
denis

Dejan Bosanac wrote

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 10:01 AM, dbrondy <dbrondy@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Seems already tracked... And I didn't see Gary your were the assignee :-)
> https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-2448
>
> I see the date 23/Jul/10. Is this 5.4 version still foreseen for this date ?
> denis
>

> dbrondy wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> As we didn't find any solution to our problem described here :
>> -
>> http://old.nabble.com/Strange-behavior-using-failover-and-network-of-broker-td29107245.html
>>
>> we tried to upgrade from ACTIVEMQ 5.2 to 5.3.2.
>>
>> It seems the same configuration does not work at all... To summarize what
>> is completely describes in the previous post, we have 4 BROKER all
>> connected together. Now, on ACTIVEMQ 5.3.2, if a producer sends message
>> though BROKER1, the receiver needs to be connected on that broker to
>> receive the message.
>> I tried a lot of configuration changes by playing with TTL, Duplex,
>> DynamicOnly, using multicast discovery protocol and I can't let it work.
>>
>> Please help... I'm disappointed.
>>
>> denis

-----
Dejan Bosanac