Possible HornetQ donation to ActiveMQ

Possible HornetQ donation to ActiveMQ – Hi all, My name is Clebert Suconic, I'm the project lead for the HornetQ JMS broker (http://hornetq.jboss.org/). The HornetQ team is currently...
Hi Clebert, That sounds very interesting! Bringing the HornetQ community into ActiveMQ would be exciting for me. We could collaborate and br...
Hi Clebert, the hornetq specJMS numbers are very impressive so from my perspective we would love to have the code base. We can then evaluate ho...
I'll start looking into filling out the ip-clearance from. On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 10:53 AM, Gary Tully <gary.tully@...> wrote: > Hi C...
Hi Clebert , This is a far as I've been able to get with the IP clearance form: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/conte...
I see #1 and #2 are complete. on #3 - there are a bunch of examples and documentation that do not have the apache license header, but this ...
I think we should complete the 'Copyright' section of the ip clearance[1], run a vote to accept the grant and initial committers and then do the...
With regard to the ip-clearance document[1]. A little update. For the Copyright section: - Check and make sure that the papers that transfe...
I believe for the committer list, you need to check the source location for ICLAs as well: https://github.com/hornetq/hornetq/graphs/contribut...
The Corporate CLA signed by Red Hat takes care of the historical commits and all the active committers have ICLA in place with apache. If you se...
That sounds good to me. On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 7:08 AM, Gary Tully <gary.tully@...> wrote: > I think we should complete the 'Copyrig...
+1 I knew we would have to adapt our dependencies..that will be part of the work after acceptance and before releasing. On Wed, Sep 24, 201...
the vote is complete[1], I think we can move forward with the ip clearance work. The best folks to weed out the third party deps from the grant ...
Can't we import the repo as is, and cleanup whatever dependencies we have before a release? There will be a lot of work anyways on making the in...
Yeah that will work. Perhaps it would be easiest to import the code into a branch in the apollo git branch. That way we can continue to use ap...
I gave this quite a bit of thought. I suspect using the same code name (apollo) would create a lot of undesired confusion. First it'd be hard ...
Well, we can put it in a new repo/jira. What should we call it? Keep it hornetq? Is the hornetq brand also being donated to the ASF? On Mon,...
Or morph HornetQ (and parts of Apollo) into a new branch and call it ActiveMQ 6 right away. Just my 0.02ct On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 9:14 PM, Hir...
activemq-6 sounds good. It's also consistent with other things that happened the past (like the transition from smx 3 to 4). I am not sure if...
+1 I like the activemq6 idea better too On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 9:05 AM, Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbarcea@...> wrote: > activemq-6 sound...
+1 for activemq6 as well. Regards -- Dejan Bosanac ---------------------- Red Hat, Inc. dbosanac@... Twitter: @dejanb Blog: http://sensa...
How to bootstrap this.. who will make the initial import? From my understanding we need the repository created before we can have access for i...
Do we want a separate repository (my preference) or a branch in the current one? For the former case, I think infra@ needs to create the repo, ...
I'm +1 for a separate repo as long as it's git... we can merge the repositories later if you decide so with a simple git push command. On Fri,...
+1 for a separate repository. On 10/10/2014 10:16 AM, Hadrian Zbarcea wrote: > Do we want a separate repository (my preference) or a branch...
Ok. That is a good option too. Activemq6 is the target so we may as well set out on that path. +1 import to activemq6 branch For package na...
I think we should morph the smarts of apollo into the hornet donation and keep the product of the two as apollo. So hornetq helps apollo evolve ...
One more thing: HornetQ has a lot of good docs and information on the web site. Is the intention to also donate some of that? If so, we’l...
All the docs are part of the master.. being generated from XML... so they are part of the donation as well.. The docs are developed maintain...
Nice! On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 12:05 PM, Clebert Suconic <clebert.suconic@...> wrote: > All the docs are part of the master.. being...
Thanks Hiram, Yeah.. our master We will work through the details here and fill up the documents I know you know this.. but just for general...
+1 for separate repo. It makes sense. Regards JB -------- Original message -------- From: Clebert Suconic <clebert.suconic@...> Date:10/...
I feel like someone at the first day on a new job here :) (Where's the coffee place?.. where's the bathroom? :) ) Is there anyone from infr...
On 10/10/2014 11:08 AM, Clebert Suconic wrote: > I feel like someone at the first day on a new job here :) (Where's the > coffee place?.. ...
> First there needs to be consensus from the team. Got it.. I thought we already had consensus ... I will be in wait mode here. On Fri, O...
+1 separate repo... On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 8:30 AM, Clebert Suconic <clebert.suconic@...> wrote: > > First there needs to be c...
+1 for a separate repo. On 10/10/14 20:40, Christian Posta wrote: > +1 separate repo... > > On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 8:30 AM, Cleber...
Maybe you can consider consolidating Qpid also as both are Apache projects. Also may be Kafka though this might need more through. One fautre t...
Any progress on this? Just curious. On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 11:18 AM, sirinath <sirinath1978m@...> wrote: > Maybe you can consider ...
We are still on track for this. we are having some delays due to the paperwork that needs to be filled up. We will have an update soon. ...
Meanwhile we are making our technical work. OpenWire is already part of our master (one of the tasks we would need to have accomplished before we...
It might be better to hold off doing to much work a head of time, you want to be build a community of developers around this :) > Clebert ...
I agree with Rob there. Regards JB On 08/20/2014 05:49 PM, Rob Davies wrote: > It might be better to hold off doing to much work a head...
+1 Consolidation should lead to a stronger overall product, and hopefully more active contributors and a larger combined user base =) On Jul 8...
+1 for consolidation. I've experience with both ActiveMQ and HornetQ and both are great brokers with their own strengths and weaknesses. More im...
It sounds great ! +1 Regards JB On 07/08/2014 04:31 PM, Clebert Suconic wrote: > Hi all, > > My name is Clebert Suconic, I'm...
Awesome! This could really change the landscape for MQs in opensource. Getting the best of all of these makes one powerful product. I really lo...
+1 Sounds great. On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 3:31 PM, Clebert Suconic <clebert.suconic@...> wrote: > Hi all, > > My name is Cl...
Hi Clebert, This sounds amazing ! HornetQ has really good JMS implementation and cluster management. Definitely good idea to merge developer ...
Hi Clebert, I look forward to this aswell. Regards, Zak On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 11:15 PM, surfnerd &lt;surfnerd@...&gt; wrote: ...
I’m for this as well. Having a mix of good parts of ActiveMQ 5, HornetQ and Apollo would give us a good base to work on the next generation messa...
I think this is great news for the ActiveMQ community. It will hopefully reinvigorate the community and help us create a new best of breed me...
+1 Let's do it! On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 5:54 AM, Timothy Bish <tabish121@...> wrote: > I think this is great news for the ActiveM...