Quantcast

Possible HornetQ donation to ActiveMQ

123

Possible HornetQ donation to ActiveMQ

Clebert Suconic
Hi all,

My name is Clebert Suconic, I'm the project lead for the HornetQ JMS broker
(http://hornetq.jboss.org/). The HornetQ team is currently in the planning
phase for the next release of the broker and we've been thinking about
whether it would make sense for us to collaborate more closely with the
ActiveMQ community.

There is a lot of overlap in the capabilities of the two brokers today and
it strikes us that it would be beneficial to both communities for us to join
forces to build one truly great JMS broker rather than spend our time
duplicating efforts on both brokers. ActiveMQ has a great community of
developers and users and it'd be great to be able to consolidate our work
there.

My understanding is that the Apollo sub-project aimed to provide a basis for
the next generation of ActiveMQ, addressing some of the current limitations.
Perhaps HornetQ could be an alternative. HornetQ has some good performance
and scalability numbers as well as support for JMS 2.0. It already supports
STOMP today and adding support for OpenWire would be straight-forward and
would provide continuity for existing clients. Essentially, the goal could
be to combine the existing flexibility of ActiveMQ with the performance of
HornetQ.

Anyway, these are just some initial ideas, for now I'm really just
interested to know how the ActiveMQ community would feel about a donation of
the HornetQ codebase.

Thanks and best regards,
Clebert.

Re: Possible HornetQ donation to ActiveMQ

chirino
Hi Clebert,

That sounds very interesting!  Bringing the HornetQ community into
ActiveMQ would be exciting for me.  We could collaborate and bring
together the best features of ActiveMQ, Apollo and HornetQ to create
an amazing next generation messaging system AND grow our developer
community at the same time.  Lots of folks have been asking me when
will ActiveMQ get JMS 2.0 support, so the fact that HornetQ has JMS
2.0 support already is big plus in my book!

I was building up the Apollo codebase to be that next generation
messaging backbone for ActiveMQ, but perhaps because it's mostly
implemented using Scala, not too many developers got involved and
that's a bit of a problem since the 'Apache Way' of building projects
is more about community than code.  I have been pondering porting
Apollo to be just plain Java based. Since HornetQ is Java based but
and has a similar fully async threading architecture like Apollo,
perhaps this donation will save me lots of work.

:)

--
Hiram Chirino
Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.

Re: Possible HornetQ donation to ActiveMQ

gtully
Hi Clebert,
the hornetq specJMS numbers are very impressive so from my perspective
we would love to have the code base.
We can then evaluate how best to combine the relative strengths of
Apollo and HornetQ for the next gen ActiveMQ.

Please start the process outlined at [1] and we can look at doing an import.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/

On 8 July 2014 15:37, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Clebert,
>
> That sounds very interesting!  Bringing the HornetQ community into
> ActiveMQ would be exciting for me.  We could collaborate and bring
> together the best features of ActiveMQ, Apollo and HornetQ to create
> an amazing next generation messaging system AND grow our developer
> community at the same time.  Lots of folks have been asking me when
> will ActiveMQ get JMS 2.0 support, so the fact that HornetQ has JMS
> 2.0 support already is big plus in my book!
>
> I was building up the Apollo codebase to be that next generation
> messaging backbone for ActiveMQ, but perhaps because it's mostly
> implemented using Scala, not too many developers got involved and
> that's a bit of a problem since the 'Apache Way' of building projects
> is more about community than code.  I have been pondering porting
> Apollo to be just plain Java based. Since HornetQ is Java based but
> and has a similar fully async threading architecture like Apollo,
> perhaps this donation will save me lots of work.
>
> :)
>
> On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 10:31 AM, Clebert Suconic
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> My name is Clebert Suconic, I'm the project lead for the HornetQ JMS broker
>> (http://hornetq.jboss.org/). The HornetQ team is currently in the planning
>> phase for the next release of the broker and we've been thinking about
>> whether it would make sense for us to collaborate more closely with the
>> ActiveMQ community.
>>
>> There is a lot of overlap in the capabilities of the two brokers today and
>> it strikes us that it would be beneficial to both communities for us to join
>> forces to build one truly great JMS broker rather than spend our time
>> duplicating efforts on both brokers. ActiveMQ has a great community of
>> developers and users and it'd be great to be able to consolidate our work
>> there.
>>
>> My understanding is that the Apollo sub-project aimed to provide a basis for
>> the next generation of ActiveMQ, addressing some of the current limitations.
>> Perhaps HornetQ could be an alternative. HornetQ has some good performance
>> and scalability numbers as well as support for JMS 2.0. It already supports
>> STOMP today and adding support for OpenWire would be straight-forward and
>> would provide continuity for existing clients. Essentially, the goal could
>> be to combine the existing flexibility of ActiveMQ with the performance of
>> HornetQ.
>>
>> Anyway, these are just some initial ideas, for now I'm really just
>> interested to know how the ActiveMQ community would feel about a donation of
>> the HornetQ codebase.
>>
>> Thanks and best regards,
>> Clebert.
>

> --
> Hiram Chirino
> Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
> [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com

Re: Possible HornetQ donation to ActiveMQ

surfnerd
Hi Clebert,

This sounds amazing !
HornetQ has really good JMS implementation and cluster management.
Definitely good idea to merge developer community and bring better functionality in final product.

Looking forward to it !

Re: Possible HornetQ donation to ActiveMQ

zmhassan
This post was updated on .
Hi Clebert,

I look forward to this aswell.

Regards,
Zak

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 11:15 PM, surfnerd <surfnerd@outlook.com> wrote:

> Hi Clebert,
>
> This sounds amazing !
> HornetQ has really good JMS implementation and cluster management.
> Definitely good idea to merge developer community and bring better
> functionality in final product.
>
> Looking forward to it !

Re: Possible HornetQ donation to ActiveMQ

dejanb
I’m for this as well. Having a mix of good parts of ActiveMQ 5, HornetQ and
Apollo would give us a good base to work on the next generation messaging
broker.

Dejan Bosanac
----------------------
Red Hat, Inc.
[hidden email]
Twitter: @dejanb
Blog: http://sensatic.net

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 5:27 AM, Zakeria Hassan <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Clebert,
>
> I look forward to this aswell.
>
> Thanks
>

> On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 11:15 PM, surfnerd <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Clebert,
> >
> > This sounds amazing !
> > HornetQ has really good JMS implementation and cluster management.
> > Definitely good idea to merge developer community and bring better
> > functionality in final product.
> >
> > Looking forward to it !

Re: Possible HornetQ donation to ActiveMQ

tabish121@gmail.com
I think this is great news for the ActiveMQ community.  It will
hopefully reinvigorate the community and help us create a new best of
breed messaging solution.

On 07/09/2014 04:48 AM, Dejan Bosanac wrote:

> I’m for this as well. Having a mix of good parts of ActiveMQ 5, HornetQ and
> Apollo would give us a good base to work on the next generation messaging
> broker.
>
> Regards
> --
> Dejan Bosanac
> ----------------------
> Red Hat, Inc.
> [hidden email]
> Twitter: @dejanb
> Blog: http://sensatic.net
>

> On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 5:27 AM, Zakeria Hassan <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Clebert,
>>
>> I look forward to this aswell.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 11:15 PM, surfnerd <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Clebert,
>>>
>>> This sounds amazing !
>>> HornetQ has really good JMS implementation and cluster management.
>>> Definitely good idea to merge developer community and bring better
>>> functionality in final product.
>>>
>>> Looking forward to it !
>>>

>>> --

Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.
[hidden email] | www.fusesource.com | www.redhat.com
skype: tabish121 | twitter: @tabish121
blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: Possible HornetQ donation to ActiveMQ

ceposta
+1
Let's do it!

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 5:54 AM, Timothy Bish <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think this is great news for the ActiveMQ community.  It will hopefully
> reinvigorate the community and help us create a new best of breed messaging
> solution.
>

> On 07/09/2014 04:48 AM, Dejan Bosanac wrote:
>
>> I’m for this as well. Having a mix of good parts of ActiveMQ 5, HornetQ
>> and
>> Apollo would give us a good base to work on the next generation messaging
>> broker.
>>
>> Regards
>> --
>> Dejan Bosanac
>> ----------------------
>> Red Hat, Inc.
>> [hidden email]
>> Twitter: @dejanb
>> Blog: http://sensatic.net
>> ActiveMQ in Action: http://www.manning.com/snyder/
>>

>> On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 5:27 AM, Zakeria Hassan <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  Hi Clebert,
>>>
>>> I look forward to this aswell.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>>> On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 11:15 PM, surfnerd <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hi Clebert,

> Tim Bish
> Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.
> [hidden email] | www.fusesource.com | www.redhat.com
> skype: tabish121 | twitter: @tabish121
> blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

--
*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
http://fabric8.io
twitter: @christianposta

Re: Possible HornetQ donation to ActiveMQ

Claus Ibsen
+1

Sounds great.

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------
hawtio: http://hawt.io/
fabric8: http://fabric8.io/

Re: Possible HornetQ donation to ActiveMQ

jgenender
Awesome!  This could really change the landscape for MQs in opensource.  Getting the best of all of these makes one powerful product.  I really look forward to this!

Big +1 from me!

Jeff

Re: Possible HornetQ donation to ActiveMQ

chirino
I'll start looking into filling out the ip-clearance from.

--
Hiram Chirino
Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.

Re: Possible HornetQ donation to ActiveMQ

chirino
Hi Clebert ,

This is a far as I've been able to get with the IP clearance form:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/content/ip-clearance/hornetq.xml

I assumed that what you guys want to donate is the code that currently
exists on github master (commit
90d43fbc158a0e6e3028c7179dbcf984757b88fb).

Things we still need to do:

1) Get Red Hat to file a CCLA with Schedule B filled out
2) Get a list of your active committers and make sure they have CLAs filed.
3) "Check and make sure that for all items included with the
distribution that is not under the Apache license, we have the right
to combine with Apache-licensed code and redistribute"
4) Check and make sure that all items depended upon by the project is
covered by one or more of the approved licenses.
5) Run a VOTE thread to accept the code donation.

I encourage the rest of the ActiveMQ PMC members to help check and
double check items #3 and #4 before doing #5.

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 10:58 AM, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'll start looking into filling out the ip-clearance from.
>
> On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 10:53 AM, Gary Tully <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Clebert,
>> the hornetq specJMS numbers are very impressive so from my perspective
>> we would love to have the code base.
>> We can then evaluate how best to combine the relative strengths of
>> Apollo and HornetQ for the next gen ActiveMQ.
>>
>> Please start the process outlined at [1] and we can look at doing an import.
>>
>> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/
>>

>> On 8 July 2014 15:37, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi Clebert,
>>>
>>> That sounds very interesting!  Bringing the HornetQ community into
>>> ActiveMQ would be exciting for me.  We could collaborate and bring
>>> together the best features of ActiveMQ, Apollo and HornetQ to create
>>> an amazing next generation messaging system AND grow our developer
>>> community at the same time.  Lots of folks have been asking me when
>>> will ActiveMQ get JMS 2.0 support, so the fact that HornetQ has JMS
>>> 2.0 support already is big plus in my book!
>>>
>>> I was building up the Apollo codebase to be that next generation
>>> messaging backbone for ActiveMQ, but perhaps because it's mostly
>>> implemented using Scala, not too many developers got involved and
>>> that's a bit of a problem since the 'Apache Way' of building projects
>>> is more about community than code.  I have been pondering porting
>>> Apollo to be just plain Java based. Since HornetQ is Java based but
>>> and has a similar fully async threading architecture like Apollo,
>>> perhaps this donation will save me lots of work.
>>>
>>> :)

>>> --
>>> Hiram Chirino
>>> Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
>>> [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com
>>> skype: hiramchirino | twitter: @hiramchirino
>>

>> --
>> http://redhat.com
>> http://blog.garytully.com
>

> --
> Hiram Chirino
> Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
> [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com

Hiram Chirino
Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.

Re: Possible HornetQ donation to ActiveMQ

Clebert Suconic
Thanks Hiram,

Yeah.. our master
We will work through the details here and fill up the documents

I know you know this.. but just for general knowledge HornetQ codebase is
already ASL2 license. We have this on the header of every source file:

 * Red Hat licenses this file to you under the Apache License, version
 * 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
 * with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
 *    http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0

We are looking into filling out the forms...

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 11:53 AM, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Clebert ,
>
> This is a far as I've been able to get with the IP clearance form:
>

> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/content/ip-clearance/hornetq.xml
>
> I assumed that what you guys want to donate is the code that currently
> exists on github master (commit
> 90d43fbc158a0e6e3028c7179dbcf984757b88fb).
>
> Things we still need to do:
>
> 1) Get Red Hat to file a CCLA with Schedule B filled out
> 2) Get a list of your active committers and make sure they have CLAs filed.
> 3) "Check and make sure that for all items included with the
> distribution that is not under the Apache license, we have the right
> to combine with Apache-licensed code and redistribute"
> 4) Check and make sure that all items depended upon by the project is
> covered by one or more of the approved licenses.
> 5) Run a VOTE thread to accept the code donation.
>
> I encourage the rest of the ActiveMQ PMC members to help check and
> double check items #3 and #4 before doing #5.
>

> On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 10:58 AM, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > I'll start looking into filling out the ip-clearance from.
> >
> > On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 10:53 AM, Gary Tully <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >> Hi Clebert,
> >> the hornetq specJMS numbers are very impressive so from my perspective
> >> we would love to have the code base.
> >> We can then evaluate how best to combine the relative strengths of
> >> Apollo and HornetQ for the next gen ActiveMQ.
> >>
> >> Please start the process outlined at [1] and we can look at doing an
> import.
> >>
> >> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/

> broker
> planning
> the

> today and
> to join
> work

> basis for
> limitations.
> performance
> supports
> and
> could
> performance of

> donation of

> >> --
> >> http://redhat.com
> >> http://blog.garytully.com
> >

> > --
> > Hiram Chirino
> > Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
> > [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com
> > skype: hiramchirino | twitter: @hiramchirino
>

> --
> Hiram Chirino
> Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
> [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com

http://community.jboss.org/people/clebert.suconic@...
http://clebertsuconic.blogspot.com

Re: Possible HornetQ donation to ActiveMQ

dkulp

One more thing:

HornetQ has a lot of good docs and information on the web site.   Is the intention to also donate some of that?   If so, we’ll likely need a grant for that, but that obviously may be a bit more difficult to identify from git hash/tarball sha1/etc….   That wouldn’t need to be done immediately as that could be done via a separate grant, but something to consider as well while you are chasing things down inside RedHat.  If you only have to do that once, you could make it a bit easier on yourself.   :-)

Dan

On Jul 10, 2014, at 11:53 AM, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Clebert ,
>
> This is a far as I've been able to get with the IP clearance form:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/content/ip-clearance/hornetq.xml
>
> I assumed that what you guys want to donate is the code that currently
> exists on github master (commit
> 90d43fbc158a0e6e3028c7179dbcf984757b88fb).
>
> Things we still need to do:
>
> 1) Get Red Hat to file a CCLA with Schedule B filled out
> 2) Get a list of your active committers and make sure they have CLAs filed.
> 3) "Check and make sure that for all items included with the
> distribution that is not under the Apache license, we have the right
> to combine with Apache-licensed code and redistribute"
> 4) Check and make sure that all items depended upon by the project is
> covered by one or more of the approved licenses.
> 5) Run a VOTE thread to accept the code donation.
>
> I encourage the rest of the ActiveMQ PMC members to help check and
> double check items #3 and #4 before doing #5.
>

> On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 10:58 AM, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I'll start looking into filling out the ip-clearance from.
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 10:53 AM, Gary Tully <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi Clebert,
>>> the hornetq specJMS numbers are very impressive so from my perspective
>>> we would love to have the code base.
>>> We can then evaluate how best to combine the relative strengths of
>>> Apollo and HornetQ for the next gen ActiveMQ.
>>>
>>> Please start the process outlined at [1] and we can look at doing an import.
>>>
>>> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/

>>> --
>>> http://redhat.com
>>> http://blog.garytully.com
>>

>> --
>> Hiram Chirino
>> Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
>> [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com
>> skype: hiramchirino | twitter: @hiramchirino
>

> --
> Hiram Chirino
> Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
> [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com

Daniel Kulp

Re: Possible HornetQ donation to ActiveMQ

Clebert Suconic
All the docs are part of the master.. being generated from XML... so they
are part of the donation as well..

The docs are developed maintained, so I don't think there would be any
issues there.

https://github.com/hornetq/hornetq/tree/master/docs

these docs are later just ftp-ed to the hornetq website just to make it
easier for users to see it.. so git master includes it all.

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 12:01 PM, Daniel Kulp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> performance
> supports
> straight-forward and
> could
> performance of

> donation of

> >> --
> >> Hiram Chirino
> >> Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
> >> [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com
> >> skype: hiramchirino | twitter: @hiramchirino
> >

> > --
> > Hiram Chirino
> > Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
> > [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com
> > skype: hiramchirino | twitter: @hiramchirino
>
> --
> Daniel Kulp
> [hidden email] - http://dankulp.com/blog

http://community.jboss.org/people/clebert.suconic@...
http://clebertsuconic.blogspot.com

Re: Possible HornetQ donation to ActiveMQ

Nice!

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 12:05 PM, Clebert Suconic
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>> limitations.
>> performance
>> supports
>> straight-forward and
>> could
>> performance of

>> donation of

>> > --
>> > Hiram Chirino
>> > Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
>> > [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com
>> > skype: hiramchirino | twitter: @hiramchirino
>>
>> --
>> Daniel Kulp
>> [hidden email] - http://dankulp.com/blog

> Clebert Suconic
> http://community.jboss.org/people/clebert.suconic@...
> http://clebertsuconic.blogspot.com

--
Hiram Chirino
Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.

Re: Possible HornetQ donation to ActiveMQ

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
It sounds great !

+1

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Possible HornetQ donation to ActiveMQ

Matt Pavlovich-2
+1  Consolidation should lead to a stronger overall product, and hopefully more active contributors and a larger combined user base =)

On Jul 8, 2014, at 9:31 AM, Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My name is Clebert Suconic, I'm the project lead for the HornetQ JMS broker
> (http://hornetq.jboss.org/). The HornetQ team is currently in the planning
> phase for the next release of the broker and we've been thinking about
> whether it would make sense for us to collaborate more closely with the
> ActiveMQ community.
>
> There is a lot of overlap in the capabilities of the two brokers today and
> it strikes us that it would be beneficial to both communities for us to join
> forces to build one truly great JMS broker rather than spend our time
> duplicating efforts on both brokers. ActiveMQ has a great community of
> developers and users and it'd be great to be able to consolidate our work
> there.
>
> My understanding is that the Apollo sub-project aimed to provide a basis for
> the next generation of ActiveMQ, addressing some of the current limitations.
> Perhaps HornetQ could be an alternative. HornetQ has some good performance
> and scalability numbers as well as support for JMS 2.0. It already supports
> STOMP today and adding support for OpenWire would be straight-forward and
> would provide continuity for existing clients. Essentially, the goal could
> be to combine the existing flexibility of ActiveMQ with the performance of
> HornetQ.
>
> Anyway, these are just some initial ideas, for now I'm really just
> interested to know how the ActiveMQ community would feel about a donation of
> the HornetQ codebase.
>
> Thanks and best regards,
> Clebert.

Re: Possible HornetQ donation to ActiveMQ

Richard Kettelerij
+1 for consolidation. I've experience with both ActiveMQ and HornetQ and
both are great brokers with their own strengths and weaknesses. More
importantly there's a very large overlap. Combining both in one would be
huge!

I do belief it's important to keep a narrow focus in order to avoid ending
up with a new but overly bloated product. Also as Daniel mentioned the
HornetQ docs are great. I think it makes sense to use the same (docbook,
gitbook, etc) style for a new HornetQ+ActiveMQ product.

Regards,
Richard
http://richardlog.com

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 6:46 PM, Matthew Pavlovich <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1  Consolidation should lead to a stronger overall product, and hopefully
> more active contributors and a larger combined user base =)
>
> On Jul 8, 2014, at 9:31 AM, Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > My name is Clebert Suconic, I'm the project lead for the HornetQ JMS
> broker
> > (http://hornetq.jboss.org/). The HornetQ team is currently in the
> planning
> > phase for the next release of the broker and we've been thinking about
> > whether it would make sense for us to collaborate more closely with the
> > ActiveMQ community.
> >
> > There is a lot of overlap in the capabilities of the two brokers today
> and
> > it strikes us that it would be beneficial to both communities for us to
> join
> > forces to build one truly great JMS broker rather than spend our time
> > duplicating efforts on both brokers. ActiveMQ has a great community of
> > developers and users and it'd be great to be able to consolidate our work
> > there.
> >
> > My understanding is that the Apollo sub-project aimed to provide a basis
> for
> > the next generation of ActiveMQ, addressing some of the current
> limitations.
> > Perhaps HornetQ could be an alternative. HornetQ has some good
> performance
> > and scalability numbers as well as support for JMS 2.0. It already
> supports
> > STOMP today and adding support for OpenWire would be straight-forward and
> > would provide continuity for existing clients. Essentially, the goal
> could
> > be to combine the existing flexibility of ActiveMQ with the performance
> of
> > HornetQ.
> >
> > Anyway, these are just some initial ideas, for now I'm really just
> > interested to know how the ActiveMQ community would feel about a
> donation of
> > the HornetQ codebase.
> >
> > Thanks and best regards,
> > Clebert.

Re: Possible HornetQ donation to ActiveMQ

sirinath
Maybe you can consider consolidating Qpid also as both are Apache projects. Also may be Kafka though this might need more through.

One fautre to retain should be embedded use in HornetQ
123