Pluggable locker strategy for redelivery plugin?

Pluggable locker strategy for redelivery plugin?

paulgale
Hi,

Is it possible to configure a locker via XML for the redelivery plugin? I
know it's possible for KahaDB.

I ask as I've just been experimenting with the redelivery plugin and
noticed that it creates it's own data store for which it maintains a file
based lock to govern access in a master-slave context.

I have written a database-backed custom lease locker for use with KahaDB.
We're constrained to using NFSv3 to store our message store. Given the
issues with file based locks on NFSv3 I wrote said locker.

I've since learned that the redelivery plugin defaults to using a file
based lock mechanism. I need to configure it to make use of my custom
locker so that it doesn't use a file based lock for the reasons given
above.

However, the redelivery plugin doesn't appear to expose a way to do so via
XML. Does such a configuration mechanism exist?

If not, is one planned to be introduced for 5.9.0?

Thanks,
Paul

Re: Pluggable locker strategy for redelivery plugin?

gtully
that sounds like a quick win. Can u raise an issue to track this
request. One thought is that a single broker lock would cover all of
these scenarios. So u could set ur custom lock on a broker.

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com

Re: Pluggable locker strategy for redelivery plugin?

paulgale
AMQ-4728 has been created for this.

Thanks,
Paul