Persistence Message send on Virtual Destination persistence Store

Persistence Message send on Virtual Destination persistence Store

bansalp
How acknowledgment and persistence works with virtual destination. If I have a virtualTopic "VirtualTopic.A" and a consumer queue on this topic "Consumer.B.VirtualTopic.A", if there is a durable consumer subscribed to this VirtualTopic then all messages are stored for Queue "Consumer.B.VirtualTopic.A". Why is this happening, is there a way to disable this? Is there a way to disable tis when all consumer subscribed to that queue have un-subscribed?

Re: Persistence Message send on Virtual Destination persistence Store

Matt Pavlovich-2
Are you saying you have a Durable Topic Subscription connecting to VirtualTopic.A?

Otherwise, the way I’m reading this.. I think you are asking to stop message from going to the Consumer.B.VirtaulTopic.A queue.  To do that, just delete the queue.  The presence of the queue acts as the subscription.

On Sep 4, 2014, at 1:04 AM, bansalp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> How acknowledgment and persistence works with virtual destination. If I have
> a virtualTopic "VirtualTopic.A" and a consumer queue on this topic
> "Consumer.B.VirtualTopic.A", if there is a durable consumer subscribed to
> this VirtualTopic then all messages are stored for Queue
> "Consumer.B.VirtualTopic.A". Why is this happening, is there a way to
> disable this? Is there a way to disable tis when all consumer subscribed to
> that queue have un-subscribed?

Re: Persistence Message send on Virtual Destination persistence Store

bansalp
This post was updated on .
But why are these messages getting stored again in KahaDB for queue as well
?

Can't it just get stored for VirtualTopic.A and queue can read it from there only as other subscriber to  this topics will?

tabish121@gmail.com
On 09/04/2014 12:07 PM, bansalp wrote:

> But why are these messages getting stored again in KahaDB for queue as well
> ?
>

> On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 8:03 PM, Matt Pavlovich-2 [via ActiveMQ] <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Are you saying you have a Durable Topic Subscription connecting to
>> VirtualTopic.A?
>>
>> Otherwise, the way I’m reading this.. I think you are asking to stop
>> message from going to the Consumer.B.VirtaulTopic.A queue.  To do that,
>> just delete the queue.  The presence of the queue acts as the subscription.
>>
>> On Sep 4, 2014, at 1:04 AM, bansalp <[hidden email]
>> <http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4685284&i=0>> wrote:
>>
>>> How acknowledgment and persistence works with virtual destination. If I
>> have
>>> a virtualTopic "VirtualTopic.A" and a consumer queue on this topic
>>> "Consumer.B.VirtualTopic.A", if there is a durable consumer subscribed
>>> this VirtualTopic then all messages are stored for Queue
>>> "Consumer.B.VirtualTopic.A". Why is this happening, is there a way to
>>> disable this? Is there a way to disable tis when all consumer subscribed
>>> that queue have un-subscribed?
>>>

>>> --

>> persistence Store, click here
>> <
>> .
>> NAML
>> <
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

KahaDB is very different and requires that they be stored in a different
way.

Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.
[hidden email] | www.redhat.com
skype: tabish121 | twitter: @tabish121