OpenWire contributed by amazon, anybody using it ?

OpenWire contributed by amazon, anybody using it ?

- Lalit Nagpal -
Hi-

I just wanted to know if anybody is using the C++ OpenWire client contributed by amazon. Please let us know your experience on the same. What kind of support did you get for the same.

We ran into limitations with the Stomp protocol like no support for TemporaryTopic and TemporaryQueue .. We have used an alternate approach of using Topic and Queue itself as a TemporaryTopic and TemporaryQueue and name it using AGUID (random & unique id). This obviously, would give less performance at the server side. We would like to switch from Stomp to OpenWire asap.

Lalit Nagpal
CSA, SunGard

Re: OpenWire contributed by amazon, anybody using it ?

- Lalit Nagpal -
Hi

Its very nice to have the activemq-cpp 1.0 release out .... Maven files where removed although for doing the build :( ..... I was using maven earlier ..... Just wanted to know if there are any plans on the OpenWire protocol support front.

Thank you
Lalit Nagpal
CSA, SunGard

- Lalit Nagpal - wrote
Hi-

I just wanted to know if anybody is using the C++ OpenWire client contributed by amazon. Please let us know your experience on the same. What kind of support did you get for the same.

We ran into limitations with the Stomp protocol like no support for TemporaryTopic and TemporaryQueue .. We have used an alternate approach of using Topic and Queue itself as a TemporaryTopic and TemporaryQueue and name it using AGUID (random & unique id). This obviously, would give less performance at the server side. We would like to switch from Stomp to OpenWire asap.

Lalit Nagpal
CSA, SunGard

RE: OpenWire contributed by amazon, anybody using it ?

tabish121
This message was posted yesterday.

Short answer is it'll be done when its done.

Long answer is that it will probably be done sometime in February or
March based on the amount of work left and the amount of time we have to
spend on it.  There's a lot of work going on now to mature the code base
and address issues that have be found, once we get things wrapped up on
that front we intend on releasing a 1.1 release with all the current
fixes and then moving on to working on Openwire support more heavily.