One connection to AMQ in some transactions

ENP

One connection to AMQ in some transactions

ENP
Hi,

I use this configuration -
http://goopen.org/confluence/display/ACTIVEMQ/JMS+and+JDBC+operations+in+one+transaction
I see that on every transaction separate connection to AMQ for sending
message is opened and closed at the end of transaction. Is it possible
to reuse one connection to AMQ for sending messages or use already
established connection for consuming messages which is not closed at the
and of transaction?

Eugene Prokopiev

Re: One connection to AMQ in some transactions

James Strachan-2
See

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/how-do-i-use-jms-efficiently.html

--

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/
ENP

Re: One connection to AMQ in some transactions

ENP
> http://goopen.org/confluence/display/ACTIVEMQ/JMS+and+JDBC+operations+in+one+transaction

Which optimizations from
http://devzone.logicblaze.com/site/apache-activemq-performance-tuning-guide.html
can be applied to this configuration? Need I setup avoiding message copy
or ActiveMQConnection connection flags? How can I do it with
ActiveMQResourceAdapter?

Eugene Prokopiev

ENP

Re: One connection to AMQ in some transactions

ENP
> http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/how-do-i-use-jms-efficiently.html

In this document I can't find answer to my question: why Jencks JCA
connection pool is not works in my configuration? What need I change in it?

Need I PooledConnectionFactory instead of Jencks pool for sending
messages as described in
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/jmstemplate-gotchas.html?

Eugene Prokopiev

ENP

Re: One connection to AMQ in some transactions

ENP
> PooledConnectionFactory instead of Jencks pool for sending
> messages as described in
> http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/jmstemplate-gotchas.html?

but in this case I can't use XA because XA is supported only by Jencks
JCA, am I right?

So, how can I correctly configure connection pool with Jencks and how to
use it for producing and consuming messages?

Re: One connection to AMQ in some transactions

chirino
On 8/7/06, Eugene Prokopiev <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > PooledConnectionFactory instead of Jencks pool for sending
> > messages as described in
> > http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/jmstemplate-gotchas.html?
>
> but in this case I can't use XA because XA is supported only by Jencks
> JCA, am I right?
>
> So, how can I correctly configure connection pool with Jencks and how to
> use it for producing and consuming messages?

Connections are being pooled.. see:
See: http://activemq.com/site/resource-adapter-does-not-seem-to-pool-connections.html
Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com