Object messages in ActiveMQ v5.14.4

xabhi
This post was updated on .
Hi,

I am upgrading my ActiveMQ setup from v5.11.1 to v5.14.4. I came across this wiki page as per upgrade instructions - http://activemq.apache.org/objectmessage.html.

It says that i need to add org.apache.activemq.SERIALIZABLE_PACKAGES system property to whitelist the packages. However, it isn't clear that whether this property is required only on Client side or if it is required on broker side as well.

In my testing the Object messages were successfully sent from producer client to consumer client by specifying the system property only on client side and nothing on broker side.

Can anyone confirm this behavior and whether the property should be added to broker as well?

Thanks
Abhi

Re: Object messages in ActiveMQ v5.14.4

Tim Bain
That property is relevant only when you're going to deserialize the object,
which typically happens only on the clients. Its possible to deserialize
the object on the server, in the case were you you the message via the web
console, but if you're not doing that then the only place you would need it
is the client.