Non_persistent messages and qpid-jms-client-0.20.0.jar or higher.

Non_persistent messages and qpid-jms-client-0.20.0.jar or higher.

Patrick Vansevenant
I'm not able to send non_persistent messages to an ActiveMQ broker (5.15.3)
with version 0.20.0 or higher of the qpid-jms-client library.
The messages are shown as persistent on the console and they behave also as
persistent.
Sending non_persistent messages with the qpid-jms-client 0.11.1 or lower
works as expected.
Do I something wrong or is that rather a bug ?

Patrick
---

--

**** DISCLAIMER
<https://media.tvh.com/content/pdf/various/Email-disclaimer.pdf> ****

This
message is delivered to all addressees subject to the conditions set forth
in the attached disclaimer, which is an integral part of this message.

When you communicate with us via e-mail, telephone, fax or via our website,
we process your personal data. For more information on how we process your
personal data, please consult our Privacy Policy
<https://www.tvh.com/privacy-policy>. By communicating with us, you
unambiguously consent to our use of your personal data as explained in the
Privacy Policy.

Re: Non_persistent messages and qpid-jms-client-0.20.0.jar or higher.

tabish121@gmail.com
On 5/3/19 5:58 AM, Patrick Vansevenant wrote:

> I'm not able to send non_persistent messages to an ActiveMQ broker (5.15.3)
> with version 0.20.0 or higher of the qpid-jms-client library.
> The messages are shown as persistent on the console and they behave also as
> persistent.
> Sending non_persistent messages with the qpid-jms-client 0.11.1 or lower
> works as expected.
> Do I something wrong or is that rather a bug ?
>
> Patrick
> ---

This is likely related to this recent fix:

The workaround is to change to the JMS transformer as opposed to the
default Native one until a release of 5.15.10 is ready.

Re: Non_persistent messages and qpid-jms-client-0.20.0.jar or higher.

Patrick Vansevenant

Thank you for the quick response, Tim.

I'm indeed confronted with the same problem as described in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-7189.

The JMS transformer is, as you indicated, the perfect workaround.

Patrick
---

Re: Non_persistent messages and qpid-jms-client-0.20.0.jar or higher.

Robbie Gemmell
FYI, the Qpid JMS 0.42.0 release contains a client change that should
help avoid the broker bug. It should sync to Maven Central in the next
hour or two.