Non-Sun JVMs

Jeff Tupholme
Hi,

I've been reading about GNU Classpath and various open source JVMs;
some of them claim to be quite up-to-date:

  http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/stories.html

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of running ActiveMQ using a
non-Sun based JVM? I'm interested because of the support some of these
projects offer for non-Intel platforms (of which I have a few).

Thanks,

Jeff

Re: Non-Sun JVMs

James Strachan-2
About 2 years ago Chris got ActiveMQ working on IKVM so it could run
as a native .Net runtime; which uses gnuclasspath

http://dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/csteen/archive/2004/08/20/22813.aspx

On 22 Jan 2006, at 22:00, Jeff Tupholme wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been reading about GNU Classpath and various open source JVMs;
> some of them claim to be quite up-to-date:
>
>  http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/stories.html
>
> Just wondering if anyone has any experience of running ActiveMQ
> using a non-Sun based JVM? I'm interested because of the support
> some of these projects offer for non-Intel platforms (of which I
> have a few).
>

> Thanks,
>
> Jeff

James