No of consumers per connection in ActiveMQ

No of consumers per connection in ActiveMQ

xabhi
Hi,
I recently observed that some of the clients in my ActiveMQ setup are having around 100 consumers on the same connection.
I wanted to check if it is okay to have this many consumers on same connection? or I should split them across multiple connections?

Which is a more costly resource for ActiveMQ to maintain 1 more connection or 100s of consumers on 1 connection?
What would be a good number for number of consumers on a single connection?

Thanks,
Abhi

Re: No of consumers per connection in ActiveMQ

xabhi
Hi,
Could anyone provide details on what should be the number of consumers/producers on a single connection?

Thanks,
Abhi

Re: No of consumers per connection in ActiveMQ

xabhi
Hi ActiveMQ gods,

Another ping!

Is there any suggestion on what is a good estimate for the number of consumers/producers on a single connection?

Thanks,
Abhi