No Implementation for Stomp TemporaryTopic & TemporaryQueue

No Implementation for Stomp TemporaryTopic & TemporaryQueue

- Lalit Nagpal -
I got this wierd exception of UnsupportedOperationException ... when I tried to create a TemporaryTopic using the stomp protocol activemq-cpp implementation ...

When I debug, I get into the class stompconnector.cpp method
cms::TemporaryTopic* StompConnector::createTemporaryTopic(SessionInfo* session ) {
    try
    {
        throw UnsupportedOperationException(
            __FILE__, __LINE__,
            "StompConnector::createTemporaryTopic - No Stomp Support");
    }
    AMQ_CATCH_RETHROW( ConnectorException )
    AMQ_CATCHALL_THROW( ConnectorException );
}

This method throws an exception straight-off ... it seems this method was not implemented and just throws an UnsupportedMethodException straight.

Can somebody guide me please ... Is this implementation in place or missing.
I needed the support for TemporaryQueue and TemporaryTopic ... For both of these cases their is no implementation and both methods simply throw an UnsupportedMethodException straight without doing anything.

Visit the code at the following link (look for methods StompConnector::createTemporaryTopic() and StompConnector::createTemporaryQueue()
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/activemq/activemq-cpp/trunk/activemq-cpp/src/main/activemq/connector/stomp/StompConnector.cpp

Re: Stomp TemporaryTopic & TemporaryQueue

nmittler
Stomp doesn't currently support temporary topics.  This isn't a limitation
of the activemq-cpp client, it's simply not part of the stomp protocol.  Of
course openwire does support temporary topics, but the openwire support in
activemq-cpp is still under development.

Regards,
Nate

On 10/24/06, # Lalit Nagpal # <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I got this wierd exception of UnsupportedOperationException ... when I
> tried
> to create a TemporaryTopic using the stomp protocol activemq-cpp
> implementation ...
>
> When I debug, I get into the class stompconnector.cpp method
> cms::TemporaryTopic* StompConnector::createTemporaryTopic(SessionInfo*
> session ) {
>    try
>    {
>        throw UnsupportedOperationException(
>            __FILE__, __LINE__,
>            "StompConnector::createTemporaryTopic - No Stomp Support");
>    }
>    AMQ_CATCH_RETHROW( ConnectorException )
>    AMQ_CATCHALL_THROW( ConnectorException );
> }
>
> This method throws an exception straight-off ... it seems this method was
> not implemented and just throws an UnsupportedMethodException straight.
>
> Can somebody guide me please ... Is this implementation in place or
> missing.
> I needed the support for TemporaryQueue and TemporaryTopic ... For both of
> these cases their is no implementation and both methods simply throw an
> UnsupportedMethodException straight without doing anything.

Re: Stomp TemporaryTopic & TemporaryQueue

chirino
The STOMP protocol does not currently support temporary destinations.  In
the future the STOMP protocol may get extended to support this.  But other
protocol like the openwire protocol, do support temporary destinations.  We
are still working on getting the activemq-cpp client to support openwire.
Once that happens, you should be able to use the same client API to talk
over openwire and use temporary destinations.

On 10/24/06, # Lalit Nagpal # <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I got this wierd exception of UnsupportedOperationException ... when I
> tried
> to create a TemporaryTopic using the stomp protocol activemq-cpp
> implementation ...
>
> When I debug, I get into the class stompconnector.cpp method
> cms::TemporaryTopic* StompConnector::createTemporaryTopic(SessionInfo*
> session ) {
>     try
>     {
>         throw UnsupportedOperationException(
>             __FILE__, __LINE__,
>             "StompConnector::createTemporaryTopic - No Stomp Support");
>     }
>     AMQ_CATCH_RETHROW( ConnectorException )
>     AMQ_CATCHALL_THROW( ConnectorException );
> }
>
> This method throws an exception straight-off ... it seems this method was
> not implemented and just throws an UnsupportedMethodException straight.
>
> Can somebody guide me please ... Is this implementation in place or
> missing.
> I needed the support for TemporaryQueue and TemporaryTopic ... For both of
> these cases their is no implementation and both methods simply throw an
> UnsupportedMethodException straight without doing anything.

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: Stomp TemporaryTopic & TemporaryQueue

- Lalit Nagpal -

In short you are saying that the release of activemq-cpp that you are planning in next week will not support TemporaryTopic and TemporaryQueue till we get the openwire protocol implementation in.

Any ideas when openwire would be ready ... We had a release by November end (a service bus with activemq-cpp running on Stomp protocol) and are running into limitations with Stomp protocol now.

Your inputs required on this ... thx

-Lalit Nagpal
SunGard, CSA.

nmittler wrote

On 10/24/06, # Lalit Nagpal # <lalittechy@gmail.com> wrote:

> I got this wierd exception of UnsupportedOperationException ... when I
> tried
> to create a TemporaryTopic using the stomp protocol activemq-cpp
> implementation ...
>
> When I debug, I get into the class stompconnector.cpp method
> cms::TemporaryTopic* StompConnector::createTemporaryTopic(SessionInfo*
> session ) {
>    try
>    {
>        throw UnsupportedOperationException(
>            __FILE__, __LINE__,
>            "StompConnector::createTemporaryTopic - No Stomp Support");
>    }
>    AMQ_CATCH_RETHROW( ConnectorException )
>    AMQ_CATCHALL_THROW( ConnectorException );
> }
>
> This method throws an exception straight-off ... it seems this method was
> not implemented and just throws an UnsupportedMethodException straight.
>
> Can somebody guide me please ... Is this implementation in place or
> missing.
> I needed the support for TemporaryQueue and TemporaryTopic ... For both of
> these cases their is no implementation and both methods simply throw an
> UnsupportedMethodException straight without doing anything.

Re: Stomp TemporaryTopic & TemporaryQueue

nmittler
Might I suggest using one of the other C/C++ openwire clients for now.
Probably the most stable is the one donated from Amazon
http://www.activemq.org/site/openwire-cpp-client.html.

The source is here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/activemq/activemq-cpp/trunk/amazon/

Regards,
Nate

On 10/25/06, # Lalit Nagpal # <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In short you are saying that the release of activemq-cpp that you are
> planning in next week will not support TemporaryTopic and TemporaryQueue
> till we get the openwire protocol implementation in.
>
> Any ideas when openwire would be ready ... We had a release by November
> end
> (a service bus with activemq-cpp running on Stomp protocol) and are
> running
> into limitations with Stomp protocol now.
>
> Your inputs required on this ... thx
>
> -Lalit Nagpal
> SunGard, CSA.
>

> nmittler wrote:
> >
> > Stomp doesn't currently support temporary topics.  This isn't a
> limitation
> > of the activemq-cpp client, it's simply not part of the stomp protocol.
> > Of
> > course openwire does support temporary topics, but the openwire support
> in
> > activemq-cpp is still under development.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Nate
> >

> > On 10/24/06, # Lalit Nagpal # <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>

> >> I got this wierd exception of UnsupportedOperationException ... when I
> >> tried
> >> to create a TemporaryTopic using the stomp protocol activemq-cpp
> >> implementation ...
> >>
> >> When I debug, I get into the class stompconnector.cpp method
> >> cms::TemporaryTopic* StompConnector::createTemporaryTopic(SessionInfo*
> >> session ) {
> >>    try
> >>    {
> >>        throw UnsupportedOperationException(
> >>            __FILE__, __LINE__,
> >>            "StompConnector::createTemporaryTopic - No Stomp Support");
> >>    }
> >>    AMQ_CATCH_RETHROW( ConnectorException )
> >>    AMQ_CATCHALL_THROW( ConnectorException );
> >> }
> >>
> >> This method throws an exception straight-off ... it seems this method
> was
> >> not implemented and just throws an UnsupportedMethodException straight.
> >>
> >> Can somebody guide me please ... Is this implementation in place or
> >> missing.
> >> I needed the support for TemporaryQueue and TemporaryTopic ... For both
> >> of
> >> these cases their is no implementation and both methods simply throw an
> >> UnsupportedMethodException straight without doing anything.

Re: Stomp TemporaryTopic & TemporaryQueue

sileshi

Hiram Chirino wrote
>The STOMP protocol does not currently support temporary destinations.  In
>the future the STOMP protocol may get extended to support this.
I'm very much interested in extending the current Stomp protocl specification.
Who owns the Stomp protocol? How do we start a process of extending it
to add temp queue and topic?

-Sileshi

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: Stomp TemporaryTopic & TemporaryQueu

chirino
See http://stomp.codehaus.org/

It's a community driven spec.  I'd suggest you subscribe to it's maiiling
lists.

On 10/25/06, sileshi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hiram Chirino wrote:
> >
> >>The STOMP protocol does not currently support temporary
> destinations.  In
> >>the future the STOMP protocol may get extended to support this.
> > I'm very much interested in extending the current Stomp protocl
> > specification.
> > Who owns the Stomp protocol? How do we start a process of extending it
> > to add temp queue and topic?
> >
> > -Sileshi
> >
> > On 10/24/06, # Lalit Nagpal # <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>

> >> I got this wierd exception of UnsupportedOperationException ... when I
> >> tried
> >> to create a TemporaryTopic using the stomp protocol activemq-cpp
> >> implementation ...
> >>
> >> When I debug, I get into the class stompconnector.cpp method
> >> cms::TemporaryTopic* StompConnector::createTemporaryTopic(SessionInfo*
> >> session ) {
> >>     try
> >>     {
> >>         throw UnsupportedOperationException(
> >>             __FILE__, __LINE__,
> >>             "StompConnector::createTemporaryTopic - No Stomp Support");
> >>     }
> >>     AMQ_CATCH_RETHROW( ConnectorException )
> >>     AMQ_CATCHALL_THROW( ConnectorException );
> >> }
> >>
> >> This method throws an exception straight-off ... it seems this method
> was
> >> not implemented and just throws an UnsupportedMethodException straight.
> >>
> >> Can somebody guide me please ... Is this implementation in place or
> >> missing.
> >> I needed the support for TemporaryQueue and TemporaryTopic ... For both
> >> of
> >> these cases their is no implementation and both methods simply throw an
> >> UnsupportedMethodException straight without doing anything.
> >>

> >> --

> > Regards,
> > Hiram
> >
> > Blog: http://hiramchirino.com