New Python broker: CoilMQ

Hans Lellelid
Hi -

I'm not 100% sure this is the right place to mention this, but I figure I'll only get yelled at a little if I'm wrong :)

I've started a new, pure-python STOMP message broker project, and just pushed out the first (alpha-quality) release: http://code.google.com/p/coilmq/

As mentioned (on that page), this project draws inspiration from the design of the Ruby StompServer project, which I think is a wonderfully clean & simple implementation.  (I communicated with Patrick Hurley about this to make sure he was aware of the effort and to chat about licensing.)  This has been largely a hobby/learning exercise for myself; while I've had great success with running ActiveMQ for modest STOMP needs in my day job, it bothered me that I couldn't find a working Python stomp broker out there.  I felt this was a gap worth filling.

If possible, I'd like to ask that this be mentioned on the main "Brokers" page.   I have added mention of it to the bottom of the Python wiki page:

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/STOMP/Python

Thanks,
Hans

Re: New Python broker: CoilMQ

Brian McCallister
This is great!

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 8:25 PM, hozn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi -
>
> I'm not 100% sure this is the right place to mention this, but I figure I'll
> only get yelled at a little if I'm wrong :)
>
> I've started a new, pure-python STOMP message broker project, and just
> pushed out the first (alpha-quality) release:
> http://code.google.com/p/coilmq/
>
> As mentioned (on that page), this project draws inspiration from the design
> of the Ruby StompServer project, which I think is a wonderfully clean &
> simple implementation.  (I communicated with Patrick Hurley about this to
> make sure he was aware of the effort and to chat about licensing.)  This has
> been largely a hobby/learning exercise for myself; while I've had great
> success with running ActiveMQ for modest STOMP needs in my day job, it
> bothered me that I couldn't find a working Python stomp broker out there.  I
> felt this was a gap worth filling.
>
> If possible, I'd like to ask that this be mentioned on the main "Brokers"
> page.   I have added mention of it to the bottom of the Python wiki page:
>
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/STOMP/Python
>
> Thanks,
> Hans

Re: New Python broker: CoilMQ

rajdavies
Nice work Hans!
On 7 Dec 2009, at 03:25, hozn wrote:

> Hi -
>
> I'm not 100% sure this is the right place to mention this, but I
> figure I'll
> only get yelled at a little if I'm wrong :)
>
> I've started a new, pure-python STOMP message broker project, and just
> pushed out the first (alpha-quality) release:
> http://code.google.com/p/coilmq/
>
> As mentioned (on that page), this project draws inspiration from the
> design
> of the Ruby StompServer project, which I think is a wonderfully
> clean &
> simple implementation.  (I communicated with Patrick Hurley about
> this to
> make sure he was aware of the effort and to chat about licensing.)
> This has
> been largely a hobby/learning exercise for myself; while I've had
> great
> success with running ActiveMQ for modest STOMP needs in my day job, it
> bothered me that I couldn't find a working Python stomp broker out
> there.  I
> felt this was a gap worth filling.
>
> If possible, I'd like to ask that this be mentioned on the main
> "Brokers"
> page.   I have added mention of it to the bottom of the Python wiki
> page:
>
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/STOMP/Python
>
> Thanks,
> Hans