.Net Rest services integration with ActiveMQ

.Net Rest services integration with ActiveMQ

bhattacharyyasom
Hello,

I have the following scenario that i want to address using queuing. I am not
very sure if this is feasible though.
So today i have a .NET rest services developed on the WebAPI interface that
receives JSON messages and calls different database procedures with that
parsed data.

Recently i came across a situation where under heavy stress we are getting
database connection timeout issues. I want to setup a scenario that does the
following,

i.The JSON request comes in to the Rest service.
ii.The Rest service sends down the parsed data to the MQ .
iii.Have a way to call the database procedures by reading from this parsed
data.

Can someone guide me through how to start/proceed with this work ?

Re: .Net Rest services integration with ActiveMQ

jbertram
This is a really broad question that would probably be better answered via
a consulting service of some kind.  That said, I'll attempt a concise
answer.

I think the first thing you'd want to do is figure out which message broker
you are going to use - ActiveMQ 5.x or ActiveMQ Artemis.  Involved in that
decision will be what protocol and/or API you want to use for en-queuing
and de-queuing messages.  Both brokers support JMS 1.1, AMQP, STOMP, &
MQTT.  Artemis adds JMS 2 support.

Once you've decided on a broker and protocol then you'll need to write your
application endpoints.  How you write your endpoints will be dictated by
the protocol/API you choose.  In general, though you'll want your "REST
service" to send a message to the broker and then you'd create some
consumers to receive those messages and then work with the database.

You can find lots of good tutorials and/or examples online for just about
any protocol/API you choose to work with.

Justin

On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 8:46 AM, bhattacharyyasom <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have the following scenario that i want to address using queuing. I am
> not
> very sure if this is feasible though.
> So today i have a .NET rest services developed on the WebAPI interface that
> receives JSON messages and calls different database procedures with that
> parsed data.
>
> Recently i came across a situation where under heavy stress we are getting
> database connection timeout issues. I want to setup a scenario that does
> the
> following,
>
> i.The JSON request comes in to the Rest service.
> ii.The Rest service sends down the parsed data to the MQ .
> iii.Have a way to call the database procedures by reading from this parsed
> data.
>
> Can someone guide me through how to start/proceed with this work ?

> f2341805.html

Re: .Net Rest services integration with ActiveMQ

bhattacharyyasom
Thank you very much for quelling my doubts whether this can be worked at all
!
Yes i have a very cursory idea of how the messaging works. So i will read up
on protocols and their differences.
I have one question though what is the recommended protocol for use with
.Net ?

Re: .Net Rest services integration with ActiveMQ

Tim Bain
There is a .NET client library for ActiveMQ 5.x that uses the OpenWire
protocol, which means that it should work for Artemis as well. That's
probably the easiest option. But you could also use STOMP or an AMQP
library if you had a reason to want to use those protocols instead of
OpenWire.

Tim