Naming Suggestions?

123

Re: Naming Suggestions?

gtully
I am with you Martyn, something very easy to spell and pronounce would
be my preference too :-)
Luna hits the mark.

On 10 April 2015 at 10:37, Martyn Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> After being stung in the past working on the "Aeolus" project.  I'd prefer
> to have a name that is super easy to spell and pronounce. Artemis is pushing
> it a little for me.
>
> How about something really simple, like "Luna", Roman moon goddess.
>

> On 09/04/15 14:18, James Carman wrote:
>>
>> It is a good name.  Do we need to engage trademarks@ for code names?
>>
>> On Thursday, April 9, 2015, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I do like Artemis.  ActiveMQ Artemis has a nice ring to it.

>>> <javascript:;>>

>>> --
>>> Hiram Chirino
>>> Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
>>> [hidden email] <javascript:;> | fusesource.com | redhat.com
>>> skype: hiramchirino | twitter: @hiramchirino

Re: Naming Suggestions?

James Carman
How about Starbuck?

On Friday, April 10, 2015, Gary Tully <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am with you Martyn, something very easy to spell and pronounce would
> be my preference too :-)
> Luna hits the mark.
>
> On 10 April 2015 at 10:37, Martyn Taylor <[hidden email]
> <javascript:;>> wrote:
> > After being stung in the past working on the "Aeolus" project.  I'd
> prefer
> > to have a name that is super easy to spell and pronounce. Artemis is
> pushing
> > it a little for me.
> >
> > How about something really simple, like "Luna", Roman moon goddess.
> >

> > On 09/04/15 14:18, James Carman wrote:
> >>
> >> It is a good name.  Do we need to engage trademarks@ for code names?

> <javascript:;>

> <javascript:;>

> name
> TM

> | redhat.com

> http://dankulp.com/blog

> redhat.com

Re: Naming Suggestions?

I like Luna.

Although if you abbreviate Artemis you get Art.. which is another
meaningful and very short word.

would Art be a good name?

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 5:39 AM, Gary Tully <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am with you Martyn, something very easy to spell and pronounce would
> be my preference too :-)
> Luna hits the mark.
>
> On 10 April 2015 at 10:37, Martyn Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> After being stung in the past working on the "Aeolus" project.  I'd prefer
>> to have a name that is super easy to spell and pronounce. Artemis is pushing
>> it a little for me.
>>
>> How about something really simple, like "Luna", Roman moon goddess.
>>

>> On 09/04/15 14:18, James Carman wrote:
>>>
>>> It is a good name.  Do we need to engage trademarks@ for code names?

http://community.jboss.org/people/clebert.suconic@...
http://clebertsuconic.blogspot.com

Re: Naming Suggestions?

James Green-3
ActiveMQ Art: most people would expect you to be referring to the graphics
within.

On 10 April 2015 at 14:47, Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I like Luna.
>
> Although if you abbreviate Artemis you get Art.. which is another
> meaningful and very short word.
>

> would Art be a good name?
>

> On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 5:39 AM, Gary Tully <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I am with you Martyn, something very easy to spell and pronounce would
> > be my preference too :-)
> > Luna hits the mark.
> >
> > On 10 April 2015 at 10:37, Martyn Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> After being stung in the past working on the "Aeolus" project.  I'd
> prefer
> >> to have a name that is super easy to spell and pronounce. Artemis is
> pushing
> >> it a little for me.
> >>
> >> How about something really simple, like "Luna", Roman moon goddess.

> name
> of TM

> --
> Clebert Suconic
> http://community.jboss.org/people/clebert.suconic@...
> http://clebertsuconic.blogspot.com

Re: Naming Suggestions?

clebertsuconic
On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 9:56 AM, James Green <[hidden email]> wrote:
> ActiveMQ Art: most people would expect you to be referring to the graphics
> within.

Well, People would get it with the proper announcements...it's all
about the brand...  Like people would think about the fruit when Apple
started.

Re: Naming Suggestions?

James Strachan-2
How about "ActiveMQ Reactive"? as its based on a different reactive/netty
broker kernel (so its descriptive), its easy to remember & spell and has a
hipster ring to it too ;)

On 8 April 2015 at 21:23, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Naming things is hard.  If we gave the hornetq code grant a code name
> other than HornetQ or ActiveMQ 6, I think we would be avoid lots of TM
> confusion.  Anybody have any suggestion what would be a good name to
> give it?
>
> --
> Hiram Chirino
> Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
> [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com

James
-------
Red Hat

Twitter: @jstrachan
Email: [hidden email]
Blog: http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

hawtio: http:/ <http://fusesource.com/>/hawt.io/
fabric8: http:/ <http://fusesource.com/>/fabric8.io/

Open Source Integration

Re: Naming Suggestions?

chirino
+1

--
Hiram Chirino
Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.

Re: Naming Suggestions?

James Carman
No Battlestar Galactica fans?

On Friday, April 10, 2015, James Carman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> How about Starbuck?
>
> On Friday, April 10, 2015, Gary Tully <[hidden email]
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','[hidden email]');>> wrote:
>
>> I am with you Martyn, something very easy to spell and pronounce would
>> be my preference too :-)
>> Luna hits the mark.
>>
>> On 10 April 2015 at 10:37, Martyn Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > After being stung in the past working on the "Aeolus" project.  I'd
>> prefer
>> > to have a name that is super easy to spell and pronounce. Artemis is
>> pushing
>> > it a little for me.
>> >
>> > How about something really simple, like "Luna", Roman moon goddess.

>> name
>> of TM

Re: Naming Suggestions?

Mark Frazier
Seems like something Hat themed would be apropos:

ActiveMQ Bowler
ActiveMQ Tophat
ActiveMQ Beanie
ActiveMQ Ascot
ActiveMQ Beret
ActiveMQ Chullo
ActiveMQ Sombrero
ActiveMQ Fez
ActiveMQ Mitre

The list goes on…. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hat#Hat_styles

> On Apr 10, 2015, at 7:55 AM, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1
>
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 10:29 AM, James Strachan
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> How about "ActiveMQ Reactive"? as its based on a different reactive/netty
>> broker kernel (so its descriptive), its easy to remember & spell and has a
>> hipster ring to it too ;)
>>
>> On 8 April 2015 at 21:23, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Naming things is hard.  If we gave the hornetq code grant a code name
>>> other than HornetQ or ActiveMQ 6, I think we would be avoid lots of TM
>>> confusion.  Anybody have any suggestion what would be a good name to
>>> give it?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Hiram Chirino
>>> Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
>>> [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com
>>> skype: hiramchirino | twitter: @hiramchirino
>>>

>> --
>> James
>> -------
>> Red Hat
>>
>> Twitter: @jstrachan
>> Email: [hidden email]
>> Blog: http://macstrac.blogspot.com/
>>
>> hawtio: http:/ <http://fusesource.com/>/hawt.io/
>> fabric8: http:/ <http://fusesource.com/>/fabric8.io/
>>
>> Open Source Integration
>

> --
> Hiram Chirino
> Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
> [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com

Re: Naming Suggestions?

Martyn Taylor
+1

On 10/04/15 15:55, Hiram Chirino wrote:

> +1
>
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 10:29 AM, James Strachan
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> How about "ActiveMQ Reactive"? as its based on a different reactive/netty
>> broker kernel (so its descriptive), its easy to remember & spell and has a
>> hipster ring to it too ;)
>>
>> On 8 April 2015 at 21:23, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Naming things is hard.  If we gave the hornetq code grant a code name
>>> other than HornetQ or ActiveMQ 6, I think we would be avoid lots of TM
>>> confusion.  Anybody have any suggestion what would be a good name to
>>> give it?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Hiram Chirino
>>> Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
>>> [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com
>>> skype: hiramchirino | twitter: @hiramchirino
>>>

>> --
>> James
>> -------
>> Red Hat
>>
>> Twitter: @jstrachan
>> Email: [hidden email]
>> Blog: http://macstrac.blogspot.com/
>>
>> hawtio: http:/ <http://fusesource.com/>/hawt.io/
>> fabric8: http:/ <http://fusesource.com/>/fabric8.io/
>>
>> Open Source Integration

Re: Naming Suggestions?

 I am.. but I thought about the coffee  :)

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 11:12 AM, James Carman
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> No Battlestar Galactica fans?
>
> On Friday, April 10, 2015, James Carman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> How about Starbuck?
>>
>> On Friday, April 10, 2015, Gary Tully <[hidden email]
>> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','[hidden email]');>> wrote:
>>
>>> I am with you Martyn, something very easy to spell and pronounce would
>>> be my preference too :-)
>>> Luna hits the mark.

>>> prefer
>>> pushing

>>> name
>>> of TM

http://community.jboss.org/people/clebert.suconic@...
http://clebertsuconic.blogspot.com

Re: Naming Suggestions?

jgoodyear
Maybe ActiveMQ Octopus? -- cool logo potential, and many arms doing
things is apropos to the design goals.

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 12:41 PM, Mark Frazier <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Seems like something Hat themed would be apropos:
>
> ActiveMQ Bowler
> ActiveMQ Tophat
> ActiveMQ Beanie
> ActiveMQ Ascot
> ActiveMQ Beret
> ActiveMQ Chullo
> ActiveMQ Sombrero
> ActiveMQ Fez
> ActiveMQ Mitre
>

> The list goes on…. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hat#Hat_styles
>
>> On Apr 10, 2015, at 7:55 AM, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> +1
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 10:29 AM, James Strachan
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> How about "ActiveMQ Reactive"? as its based on a different reactive/netty
>>> broker kernel (so its descriptive), its easy to remember & spell and has a
>>> hipster ring to it too ;)

>>> --
>>> James
>>> -------
>>> Red Hat
>>>
>>> Twitter: @jstrachan
>>> Email: [hidden email]
>>> Blog: http://macstrac.blogspot.com/
>>>
>>> hawtio: http:/ <http://fusesource.com/>/hawt.io/
>>> fabric8: http:/ <http://fusesource.com/>/fabric8.io/
>>>
>>> Open Source Integration
>>

>> --
>> Hiram Chirino
>> Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
>> [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com
>> skype: hiramchirino | twitter: @hiramchirino

Re: Naming Suggestions?

clebertsuconic
Shouldn't we get the best ones and start a vote already?

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 11:19 AM, Jamie G. <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Maybe ActiveMQ Octopus? -- cool logo potential, and many arms doing
> things is apropos to the design goals.
>
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 12:41 PM, Mark Frazier <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Seems like something Hat themed would be apropos:
>>
>> ActiveMQ Bowler
>> ActiveMQ Tophat
>> ActiveMQ Beanie
>> ActiveMQ Ascot
>> ActiveMQ Beret
>> ActiveMQ Chullo
>> ActiveMQ Sombrero
>> ActiveMQ Fez
>> ActiveMQ Mitre
>>

>> The list goes on…. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hat#Hat_styles
>>
>>> On Apr 10, 2015, at 7:55 AM, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> +1

>>> --
>>> Hiram Chirino
>>> Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
>>> [hidden email] | fusesource.com | redhat.com
>>> skype: hiramchirino | twitter: @hiramchirino

http://community.jboss.org/people/clebert.suconic@...
http://clebertsuconic.blogspot.com

Re: Naming Suggestions?

dejanb
I like Reactive, as it also gives nice options for logo and other visual
stuff, like (RE)ActiveMQ

Dejan Bosanac
----------------------
Red Hat, Inc.
[hidden email]
Twitter: @dejanb
Blog: http://sensatic.net

tabish121@gmail.com
On 04/10/2015 11:24 AM, Dejan Bosanac wrote:
> I like Reactive, as it also gives nice options for logo and other visual
> stuff, like (RE)ActiveMQ
+1

> Regards
> --
> Dejan Bosanac
> ----------------------
> Red Hat, Inc.
> [hidden email]
> Twitter: @dejanb
> Blog: http://sensatic.net
>
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 5:18 PM, Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>>  I am.. but I thought about the coffee  :)
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 11:12 AM, James Carman
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> No Battlestar Galactica fans?

>> names?

>> [hidden email]
>> name

>> redhat.com

>> --
>> Clebert Suconic
>> http://community.jboss.org/people/clebert.suconic@...
>> http://clebertsuconic.blogspot.com

Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.
[hidden email] | www.redhat.com
twitter: @tabish121
blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: Naming Suggestions?

ceposta
I like that! REActiveMQ

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 8:24 AM, Dejan Bosanac <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I like Reactive, as it also gives nice options for logo and other visual
> stuff, like (RE)ActiveMQ
>
> Regards
> --
> Dejan Bosanac
> ----------------------
> Red Hat, Inc.
> [hidden email]
> Twitter: @dejanb
> Blog: http://sensatic.net
>
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 5:18 PM, Clebert Suconic <
> [hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> >  I am.. but I thought about the coffee  :)
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 11:12 AM, James Carman
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > No Battlestar Galactica fans?

> would

> is

> > names?

> > [hidden email]

> code
> lots
> > name

> > redhat.com

> > --
> > Clebert Suconic
> > http://community.jboss.org/people/clebert.suconic@...
> > http://clebertsuconic.blogspot.com

--
*Christian Posta*
twitter: @christianposta
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
http://fabric8.io

Re: Naming Suggestions?

Justin Bertram-2
Any of those in favor of "Reactive"...In the event that this name is actually chosen, do you have a simple definition of what "reactive" means in this context so it can explained to those who don't know?

I don't particularly care what it's code-named.  You could call it "Bertha" if you like.  I don't think it matters much at the end of the day.

Justin

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 8:24 AM, Dejan Bosanac <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I like Reactive, as it also gives nice options for logo and other visual
> stuff, like (RE)ActiveMQ
>
> Regards
> --
> Dejan Bosanac
> ----------------------
> Red Hat, Inc.
> [hidden email]
> Twitter: @dejanb
> Blog: http://sensatic.net
>
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 5:18 PM, Clebert Suconic <
> [hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> >  I am.. but I thought about the coffee  :)
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 11:12 AM, James Carman
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > No Battlestar Galactica fans?

> would

> is

> > names?

> > [hidden email]

> code
> lots
> > name

> > redhat.com

> > --
> > Clebert Suconic
> > http://community.jboss.org/people/clebert.suconic@...
> > http://clebertsuconic.blogspot.com

--
*Christian Posta*
twitter: @christianposta
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
http://fabric8.io

Re: Naming Suggestions?

James Carman
Bertha, I like that.  If we are using an alphabetic progression, then that
could come after Apollo. :)

On Friday, April 10, 2015, Justin Bertram <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Any of those in favor of "Reactive"...In the event that this name is
> actually chosen, do you have a simple definition of what "reactive" means
> in this context so it can explained to those who don't know?
>
> I don't particularly care what it's code-named.  You could call it
> "Bertha" if you like.  I don't think it matters much at the end of the day.
>

> Justin

Re: Naming Suggestions?

andytaylor
Or Baltar ;)
On 10 Apr 2015 17:41, "James Carman" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Bertha, I like that.  If we are using an alphabetic progression, then that
> could come after Apollo. :)
>
> On Friday, April 10, 2015, Justin Bertram <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Any of those in favor of "Reactive"...In the event that this name is
> > actually chosen, do you have a simple definition of what "reactive" means
> > in this context so it can explained to those who don't know?
> >
> > I don't particularly care what it's code-named.  You could call it
> > "Bertha" if you like.  I don't think it matters much at the end of the
> day.
> >

> > Justin

Re: Naming Suggestions?

James Carman
Yes a BSG fan!  Baltar would work

On Friday, April 10, 2015, Andy Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Or Baltar ;)
> On 10 Apr 2015 17:41, "James Carman" <[hidden email]
> <javascript:;>> wrote:
>
> > Bertha, I like that.  If we are using an alphabetic progression, then
> that
> > could come after Apollo. :)
> >
> > On Friday, April 10, 2015, Justin Bertram <[hidden email]
> <javascript:;>> wrote:
> >
> > > Any of those in favor of "Reactive"...In the event that this name is
> > > actually chosen, do you have a simple definition of what "reactive"
> means
> > > in this context so it can explained to those who don't know?
> > >
> > > I don't particularly care what it's code-named.  You could call it
> > > "Bertha" if you like.  I don't think it matters much at the end of the
> > day.
> > >

> > > Justin

123