NIO transport performance for ActiveMQ

12

Re: NIO transport performance for ActiveMQ

ceposta
You can take a look here:

https://github.com/chirino/jms-benchmark

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 3:24 AM, johnbing <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I have searched but not able to find any results or any graphs for ActiveMQ
> performance. I mean do we have any numbers for ActiveMQ performance (
> throughput, memory uses , threads etc.)
> Most of the other frameworks always share performance analysis and graphs.
>
> Thanks,
> John

*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta

Re: NIO transport performance for ActiveMQ

Steven Turner

I would also like to see if there are any performance/throughput benchmarks available especially comparing ActiveMQ TCP vs ActiveMQ NIO performance. I would presume ActiveMQ developers may have done some benchmarks -- it would be really useful if you could share the results. I understand these numbers will be different on different OS, hardware, etc but would still be somewhat useful to compare different transports, etc.

Also, looks like we see ActiveMQ NIO Worker as well as ActiveMQ BrokerService[amqDevBroker] Task threads increasing for every client. What does each of these threads do? With NIO, these two threads increase per client but with TCP, we only see 1 thread increasing per client/connection? Any comments on why this is so?

Thanks,
Steve

Re: NIO transport performance for ActiveMQ

johnbing
Hey,
Thanks for the link. Can you please provide me any link which compare NIO vs TCP transport in terms of throughput and number of threads. It will be a big help.

Thanks,
John

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 6:53 PM, ceposta [via ActiveMQ] <[hidden email]> wrote:
You can take a look here:

https://github.com/chirino/jms-benchmark

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 3:24 AM, johnbing <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I have searched but not able to find any results or any graphs for ActiveMQ
> performance. I mean do we have any numbers for ActiveMQ performance (
> throughput, memory uses , threads etc.)
> Most of the other frameworks always share performance analysis and graphs.
>
> Thanks,
> John

*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta

http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/NIO-transport-performance-for-ActiveMQ-tp4670977p4671852.html
To unsubscribe from NIO transport performance for ActiveMQ, click here.
NAML

Re: NIO transport performance for ActiveMQ

ceposta
Maybe google will turn up something.

Your best bet is to run the benchmarks yourself on your own hardware and
profile. That will give you the best indications.

http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml