Modified ActiveMQ broker

Petrucci Andreas

Hello there, i want to write a simple messages  broker that if a message with a specific topic arrives the broker will write it to hdfs (using JAVA HDFS API). have you any ideas how to recognize (from the broker side) if a specific message of a topic arrives from a producer? Then how to persistently save it anywhere else except the default persisten storage?

thanks in advance,
Petrucci

RE: Modified ActiveMQ broker

Petrucci Andreas

Any help? i want to setup an activemq broker using hdfs as a persistence store. can i do it with camel? any help?

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Modified ActiveMQ broker
> Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 01:13:19 +0200
>

> Hello there, i want to write a simple messages  broker that if a message with a specific topic arrives the broker will write it to hdfs (using JAVA HDFS API). have you any ideas how to recognize (from the broker side) if a specific message of a topic arrives from a producer? Then how to persistently save it anywhere else except the default persisten storage?
>
> thanks in advance,
> Petrucci

Re: Modified ActiveMQ broker

Bruce Snyder
2010/12/12 Petrucci Andreas <[hidden email]>:

> Any help? i want to setup an activemq broker using hdfs as a persistence store. can i do it with camel? any help?
>
>> From: [hidden email]
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: Modified ActiveMQ broker
>> Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 01:13:19 +0200
>>

>> Hello there, i want to write a simple messages  broker that if a message with a specific topic arrives the broker will write it to hdfs (using JAVA HDFS API). have you any ideas how to recognize (from the broker side) if a specific message of a topic arrives from a producer? Then how to persistently save it anywhere else except the default persisten storage?

I am copying/pasting the answer I provided to this same question that
you asked on StackOverflow.

You could either implement your own ActiveMQ message store
(http://activemq.apache.org/maven/5.3.1/activemq-core/apidocs/org/apache/activemq/store/package-summary.html)
for HDFS which would allow ActiveMQ to use HDFS as a persistence
store, or you could create an ActiveMQ broker plugin
(http://activemq.apache.org/interceptors.html) which would allow you
to intercept messages as they enter the broker. Both are very
different approaches, so it really depends on your requirements as to
which path to take.

Bruce
);'

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/