Message Redelivery in STOMP client using NACK

Message Redelivery in STOMP client using NACK

xabhi
Hi,

Will ActiveMQ redeliver the message for which the STOMP client sent a NACK frame?

I found this ActiveMQ page(http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-unack-the-message-with-stomp.html) but not sure that it explains the behavior correctly since we have NACK in STOMP protocol to say that message was not consumed.

Could someone from ActiveMQ dev confirm the exact behavior as the STOMP specification also says that the behavior is server specific and I didn't find any documentation in ActiveMQ wiki

Thanks,
Abhishek

Re: Message Redelivery in STOMP client using NACK

tabish121@gmail.com
On 04/13/2016 07:13 AM, xabhi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Will ActiveMQ redeliver the message for which the STOMP client sent a NACK
> frame?
>
> I found this ActiveMQ page(
> http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-unack-the-message-with-stomp.html
> <http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-unack-the-message-with-stomp.html>  )
> but not sure that it explains the behavior correctly since we have NACK in
> STOMP protocol to say that message was not consumed.
>
> Could someone from ActiveMQ dev confirm the exact behavior as the STOMP
> specification also says that the behavior is server specific and I didn't
> find any documentation in ActiveMQ wiki
>
> Thanks,
> Abhishek

Normally when you NACK a message from STOMP the message will be sent to
the DLQ.  You can have the broker do broker side redelivery by
configuring the broker redelivery plugin which is documented here:
http://activemq.apache.org/message-redelivery-and-dlq-handling.html
along with information on DLQs

twitter: @tabish121
blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/